Mexico City (23rd Nov.) sold out & extra date added (22nd Nov.) - Moz Central (updated)

UPDATE July 12 12:15 PT:

Posted by an anonymous person:

they amended the dates in Morrissey Central, correct post back there:

Morrissey’s show at Mexico City, November 23 (Friday) National Auditorium, has sold out. Due to overwhelming demand, a second night has been added on Thursday November 22. Tickets for November 22 will go on sale Wednesday July 18.

20180711_203310.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/mexico-city-sold-out

The first post since cancelling gigs has surfaced on Central - with an extra date to note.
Regards,
FWD.

Update (July 12): the post has since been removed from Central and subsequently amended.

Please note:
This information is presented as it was shown on Central.
It is, however, at odds with the preexisting tour information which has the initial date of the Mexico gig as the 23rd - so someone's cocked things up somewhere:

20180711_205848.jpg

Last edited:
Hurrah for places that haven't heard of Ann-Marie Waters and Tommy Robinson...

All about the money, always was, and still is.

1) That makes MOST of the world.

2)Did you always think it was all about the money? No,you didn't.

I always thought that Morrissey didn't drink alcohol at all. I think that he hates cigarettes and smoking. I remember him saying this in an interview.

Morrissey has some medications that he takes for his various health conditions like his Barrett's esophagus cancer but that is it. Morrissey has never taken any illegal drugs.

Morrissey is a vegan he has talked about this in interviews. Morrissey has a love for animals animal welfare and animal rights.

Morrissey is celibate. I don't think he has any interest in sex. I think that it is sad that he hasn't got married or had children but that is his choice. I hope that he is happy being single and not too lonely.

I believe that Morrissey is a good man. Sometimes he might swear but that is all he does wrong.

I like that he wants to preserve the traditional British way of life.

He DEFINITELY drinks. A lot.
I also remember an interview from the 90's where he said he had taken Ecstacy.

Edit: Ah, someone has quoted the Q interview above.

I am glad to hear you work for free and hand everything over to charity. Isn't it about time you went to London to fly that baby Trump balloon?
To be fair, the balloon contains less hot air than the man.

Hurrah for places that haven't heard of Ann-Marie Waters and Tommy Robinson. Fill them wallets with those Mexican Pesos while you can Moz, Trump don't like 'em, but you're happy to take their cash, just like when you called the Chinese a subspecies, then went to Hong Kong and took their cash nonetheless.

All about the money, always was, and still is.
OK, if you say so, :sleeping:

one question.how would you know.have you ever been in his company on a night out.

Anyone up for a sweepstake on how long it will be before there are no tickets left for the sold out gig?

I reckon is Mexico city close to Rosarito Beach? Reckon do I have to take the 405 to get there from Malibu? I hope not.

one question.how would you know.have you ever been in his company on a night out.
I have.

One night, in East LA, I ran into him at a Mexican place. After a few shots of telquila, I ordered the quesadillas. I went to the bathroom and - by the time I got back - the slimy little f*** had picked all of the pork and cheese off my snack. When I asked him why my order was so weak and slender, he just shrugged and told me that the quesadilla I ordered was vegan.

I have.

One night, in East LA, I ran into him at a Mexican place. After a few shots of telquila, I ordered the quesadillas. I went to the bathroom and - by the time I got back - the slimy little f*** had picked all of the pork and cheese off my snack. When I asked him why my order was so weak and slender, he just shrugged and told me that the quesadilla I ordered was vegan.
what a fantastical story,so weird that it must be true,you live such an amazing life.quesedillas,most folk on here can only dream of having food like that.bolt ya nugget.hahahahahahaha.

No. But Noel Gallagher has.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tal-morrissey-and-russell-brand-10050847.html
https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/morrissey/news/noel-morrissey-drink/
https://www.gigwise.com/news/81537/
"Morrissey's good f***ing craic man, he can drink!" said Noel in an interview with Noisey.
"I asked him what he wanted to drink, and he said vodka. I swear to you, he had about three-quarters of a pint of vodka with a splash of tonic. He was necking it. Top man. I love him."

Last edited:
No. But Noel Gallagher has.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tal-morrissey-and-russell-brand-10050847.html
https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/morrissey/news/noel-morrissey-drink/
https://www.gigwise.com/news/81537/
"Morrissey's good f***ing craic man, he can drink!" said Noel in an interview with Noisey. "Doesn't really get drunk though."
"I asked him what he wanted to drink, and he said vodka. I swear to you, he had about three-quarters of a pint of vodka with a splash of tonic. He was necking it. Top man. I love him."
the phrase i was talking about was,A LOT,who knows how much anyone drinks because nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.

the phrase i was talking about was,A LOT,who knows how much anyone drinks because nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.
Yeah, but Gordy, anybody who casually necks 3/4 pint of vodka is not a light social drinker. You have to be drinking fairly large amounts, fairly regularly, to handle that kind of consumption.

Last edited:

I always thought that Morrissey didn't drink alcohol at all. I personally don't drink because I don't like the taste.

You can get vegan and vegetarian alcohol. You have to be careful if you are a vegan or vegetarian.

Some churches have red grape juice rather than red wine. I'm a Christian some Christians that I know don't drink at all.

From what I understand Ecstasy is quite a powerful illegal drug. Morrissey doesn't seem the type that would take Ecstasy. I have never tried Ecstasy myself because I think it is too dangerous. I always though that Morrissey was against illegal drugs.

In Britain they are thinking of legalising medical marijuana which might help some people.

I had no idea that Morrissey drinks vodka. Do you think that Noel Gallagher is making it up?

I'm worried about Morrissey's health if it is true that he drinks alcohol a lot. Alcohol is a depressant so it could make his depression worse. When you say he drinks a lot do you mean like alcoholic level?

I always thought that Morrissey didn't drink alcohol at all. I personally don't drink because I don't like the taste.

You can get vegan and vegetarian alcohol. You have to be careful if you are a vegan or vegetarian.

Some churches have red grape juice rather than red wine. I'm a Christian some Christians that I know don't drink at all.

From what I understand Ecstasy is quite a powerful illegal drug. Morrissey doesn't seem the type that would take Ecstasy. I have never tried Ecstasy myself because I think it is too dangerous. I always though that Morrissey was against illegal drugs.

In Britain they are thinking of legalising medical marijuana which might help some people.

I had no idea that Morrissey drinks vodka. Do you think that Noel Gallagher is making it up?

I'm worried about Morrissey's health if it is true that he drinks alcohol a lot. Alcohol is a depressant so it could make his depression worse. When you say he drinks a lot do you mean like alcoholic level?

Morrissey's tipple seems to be according to interviews, tales from other musicians and friends of his and the general consensus around here, is Vodka and also Champagne. Whenever someone tells a story about being out with Morrissey they mention that he likes to drink. He's not the fragile, shy angel you would like to think he is. He's a pretty normal, middle aged man who likes a drink. Its not that hard to believe.
The reason, I would assume, he experimented with ecstasy is because in the UK, around the late 80's, the rave scene was exploding. Ecstasy was this new, era defining drug.
It was the first drug I ever did, and it was the same for many people I know.
All of the musicians of the time were experimenting with it and, Manchester especially - what with The Hacienda nightclub, and warehouse parties, was a haven for it, and if you were anywhere on the music scene in the late 80's / early 90's then you probably tried ecstasy.
You may not have ever tried coke, or acid, or speed...but E was different. It was almost like it was the drug, for people that didn't usually do drugs.
My, rather rambling, point being; it's not that far-fetched to think that Morrissey has taken an E or two in his life.

Morrissey's tipple seems to be according to interviews, tales from other musicians and friends of his and the general consensus around here, is Vodka and also Champagne. Whenever someone tells a story about being out with Morrissey they mention that he likes to drink. He's not the fragile, shy angel you would like to think he is. He's a pretty normal, middle aged man who likes a drink. Its not that hard to believe.
The reason, I would assume, he experimented with ecstasy is because in the UK, around the late 80's, the rave scene was exploding. Ecstasy was this new, era defining drug.
All of the musicians of the time were experimenting with it and, Manchester especially - what with The Hacienda nightclub, and warehouse parties, was a haven for it, and if you were anywhere on the music scene in the late 80's / early 90's then you probably tried ecstasy.
You may not have ever tried coke, or acid, or speed...but E was different. It was almost like it was the drug, for people that didn't usually do drugs.
My, rather rambling, point being; it's not that far-fetched to think that Morrissey has taken an E or two in his life.
Thank you for you post it makes a lot of sense. Alcohol is actually a depressant so it could make Morrissey's depression worse. I had never heard about Morrissey drinking alcohol before. When people say that he drinks a lot what does that mean? Do they mean like alcoholic level?

I don't drink alcohol at all so it is hard for me to understand. I have tried alcohol but I don't like like the taste. I have only been slightly drunk once in my life this was before I became a Christian and I gave up alcohol for good.

I was too young for the rave scene. I think that the music was called "acid house". I heard that the word 'acid' changed from being about LSD to be about the drug Ecstasy?

Is it true that some of the raves were illegal? I couldn't really see Morrissey being part of that scene. I remember an old quote of Morrissey where he spoke out against rave music and that whole scene!

I guess I do have quite an idealised view of Morrissey. I see Morrissey as a very pure, moral man. I guess I see him a bit like an angel or a saint but I wouldn't use those words exactly to describe him.

The only illegal drug that I have tried is called skunk (weed) it is a form of Cannabis. I smoked it because someone offered it to me. I only tried it once. I was in my twenties at the time. I didn't like it because it made me feel tired and weird. This was before I became a Christian.

I have never tried the drug Ecstasy. What really put me off that drug was the young white English girl Leah Betts who died after taking Ecstasy (MDMA) in 1995. Leah Betts was only 18 years old when she died it is very sad for her friends and family.

I don't like smoking. I have tried normal, tobacco cigarettes but I don't like them. I have also tried the electric cigarettes what they call E-cigarettes or vaping. I thought that Morrissey hated smoking and cigarettes.

I don't really like the band Oasis. The brothers Noel Gallagher and Liam Gallagher have put me off that band. I think that they come across as very rude and sometimes they can be really nasty. They are really shocking at times.

I couldn't see Morrissey being friends with Noel Gallagher they seem to be very different as people. Do you think that Noel Gallagher might be making it up about his nights out with Morrissey?

There is new evidence that medical cannabis or medical marijuana could help people with certain medical conditions.

There is an argument that all drugs should be legalised because it would take it out of the hands of criminals and gangsters. I'm not sure about this though. I don't know what the answer is.

By the way I don't like tattoos. I don't have any tattoos. I don't like piercings either. I had my ears pierced when I was 13 years old but the holes have closed up now. I don't really like swearing. I guess that I am quite strait-laced in some ways.

I think that Morrissey is a strong and brave gentleman but he is also fragile in some ways.

Sweetheart, shouldn’t you be playing outside with the other kids?

Now, don’t get the kid any ideas or she could get expelled from the church

Thank you for you post it makes a lot of sense. Alcohol is actually a depressant so it could make Morrissey's depression worse. I had never heard about Morrissey drinking alcohol before. When people say that he drinks a lot what does that mean? Do they mean like alcoholic level?

I don't drink alcohol at all so it is hard for me to understand. I have tried alcohol but I don't like like the taste. I have only been slightly drunk once in my life this was before I became a Christian and I gave up alcohol for good.

I was too young for the rave scene. I think that the music was called "acid house". I heard that the word 'acid' changed from being about LSD to be about the drug Ecstasy?

Is it true that some of the raves were illegal? I couldn't really see Morrissey being part of that scene. I remember an old quote of Morrissey where he spoke out against rave music and that whole scene!

I guess I do have quite an idealised view of Morrissey. I see Morrissey as a very pure, moral man. I guess I see him a bit like an angel or a saint but I wouldn't use those words exactly to describe him.

The only illegal drug that I have tried is called skunk (weed) it is a form of Cannabis. I smoked it because someone offered it to me. I only tried it once. I was in my twenties at the time. I didn't like it because it made me feel tired and weird. This was before I became a Christian.

I have never tried the drug Ecstasy. What really put me off that drug was the young white English girl Leah Betts who died after taking Ecstasy (MDMA) in 1995. Leah Betts was only 18 years old when she died it is very sad for her friends and family.

I don't like smoking. I have tried normal, tobacco cigarettes but I don't like them. I have also tried the electric cigarettes what they call E-cigarettes or vaping. I thought that Morrissey hated smoking and cigarettes.

I don't really like the band Oasis. The brothers Noel Gallagher and Liam Gallagher have put me off that band. I think that they come across as very rude and sometimes they can be really nasty. They are really shocking at times.

I couldn't see Morrissey being friends with Noel Gallagher they seem to be very different as people. Do you think that Noel Gallagher might be making it up about his nights out with Morrissey?

There is new evidence that medical cannabis or medical marijuana could help people with certain medical conditions.

There is an argument that all drugs should be legalised because it would take it out of the hands of criminals and gangsters. I'm not sure about this though. I don't know what the answer is.

By the way I don't like tattoos. I don't have any tattoos. I don't like piercings either. I had my ears pierced when I was 13 years old but the holes have closed up now. I don't really like swearing. I guess that I am quite strait-laced in some ways.

I think that Morrissey is a strong and brave gentleman but he is also fragile in some ways.

I can't work out if this is a wind up or not!?
But even so...no, Noel Gallagher is not making it up. Noel is good friends with both Morrissey and Russel Brand, Russell Brand is friends with Morrissey, and was / is a massive fan (Russell's cat is called Morrissey!).
The internet is littered with stories about the three of them out drinking together, infact Uncke Skinny posted a photo of all three if them out drinking together a few years ago.
Here is just one story: https://www.nme.com/news/music/noel-gallagher-146-1209029

As for raves and Ecstacy, yes some of them were illegal but my point was that although ecstasy was the drug of choice at those raves, it was also being taken regularly at pubs, normal clubs, football games, house parties, or even just at home with mates listening to records.
You didn't have to be at a rave or even like the music to enjoy the effects of E.
As for Leah Betts, although it is incredibly sad and not something I would wish on my worst enemy, she didn't really die from taking the ecstasy pill. She died from drinking too much water. At the time, one of the main pieces of advice whilst taking ecstasy was to drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated. UnfirUnfortun she drunk way too much water over a short period of time (about 12 pints of water in less than 90 minutes), resulting in water intoxication and hyponatremia, which in turn led to swelling of the brain.
It was also said that it was the first time she had ever taken the drug, when she had actually taken it quite a few times before.
I wouldn't call any drug safe, obviously, but I have worked in and around the dance music scene for over 25 years and I don't know of anyone that has ever died from ecstasy use. In fact I don't know of anyone who knows someone, although there are obviously deaths that arise from taking ecstasy, it's much much less common than you think. You are much more likely, statistically, to die from a peanut allergy or from taking paracetamol.

Oh and Acid House was not named after the drug LSD, that was something the media made up and latched onto (although LSD was certainly very popular at early raves). It comes from the squelching, 'acidic' sound of the Roland TB-303 bass synth that was prominent in many early Chicago House tracks.

Anyway, just to finish off this post, here is a photo of Moz, Russell and Liam, off their nuts on heroin, crack and Ecstacy, at an illegal warehouse rave, listening to acid house, whilst downing bottles of vodka.
Read it and weep my fragile little friend, read it and weep.

gallagher_brand_morrissey.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom