Mexico City (23rd Nov.) sold out & extra date added (22nd Nov.) - Moz Central (updated)

UPDATE July 12 12:15 PT:

Posted by an anonymous person:

they amended the dates in Morrissey Central, correct post back there:

Morrissey’s show at Mexico City, November 23 (Friday) National Auditorium, has sold out. Due to overwhelming demand, a second night has been added on Thursday November 22. Tickets for November 22 will go on sale Wednesday July 18.

20180711_203310.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/mexico-city-sold-out

The first post since cancelling gigs has surfaced on Central - with an extra date to note.
Regards,
FWD.

Update (July 12): the post has since been removed from Central and subsequently amended.

Please note:
This information is presented as it was shown on Central.
It is, however, at odds with the preexisting tour information which has the initial date of the Mexico gig as the 23rd - so someone's cocked things up somewhere:

20180711_205848.jpg

Last edited:
Morrissey is clean living he is a vegan, doesn't drink or smoke or take drugs like Dave Haslam and his mates. I found it creepy that Dave Haslam was friends with Jimmy Savile.

Good post, but Morrissey does drink. And rumor is he drinks a lot lately.

I would really like to go to these concerts but I don't like to travel abroad on my own I suffer with anxiety. I live in the UK.

I'm so pleased lots of the concerts have sold out. It wasn't because of poor ticket sales as to why the concerts in the UK and Europe were cancelled. I think it was to do with the threat of violence from an anti-fascist group and also the Dave Haslam event. Dave Haslam threatened to do other protest events in other places on the tour. It would be Morrrissey who would have to pay the bill for the extra police. If there was any damage done Morrissey would have to pay for that (foot the bill) as well. Dave Haslam just doesn't have the money. Dave Haslam knew exactly what he was doing and he achieved his goal.

I'm very sad to hear that they aren't playing Morrissey's new single on the radio in Britain? It is a good song this must be for PC reasons? (if it is true).

I don't think that Morrissey needs to tour the UK in order to be successful. Morrissey has fans all over the world with lots of fans in America and in Latin America.

I don't want all of this to put Morrissey off coming to the UK. I still love Morrissey. I'm from the UK and I will continue to support him! I know that there are others who feel the same as me. Initially, I was crying and feeling very worked up. I don't know why it affected me so badly. I agree with a lot of what Morrissey says. I like that Morrissey believes in freedom of speech. I like that Morrissey is clean living he is a vegan, doesn't drink or smoke or take drugs like Dave Haslam and his mates. I found it creepy that Dave Haslam was friends with Jimmy Savile.

It’s sweet that you think Morrissey doesn’t drink.

Mexico sold out info on Morrissey central now gone, as I‘ve send a massage to Sam via Facebook.

Attachments

• 8DC91E2F-EE10-4E20-84F0-7F19DF987FF8.jpeg
    8DC91E2F-EE10-4E20-84F0-7F19DF987FF8.jpeg
    775.7 KB · Views: 0
When I was a kid my Mum had a Readers Digest book of “real” ghost photos, but the one in the book which scared me most was an actual photograph of Edith Sitwell taken when she was alive. She would have made a great Smiths cover star.
How very silly of Readers Digest to do so. How very bad of them not to know who she was and include her in a ghost article. My dad had a few of those RD books, but he stopped as he found them extremely dull and bad informed. I agree, Edith Sitwell would have made an excellent cover for The Smiths or even Morrissey records. I'm surprise he didn't choose her. However, he did for the cover of his KILL UNCLE programme book tour. Those days! I wish he would do those programmes again!
20180712_094611.jpg

This self-congratulatory message really f***s me off. Here it is for all to see on Morrissey Central. What mention is there on Morrissey Central of the cancelled shows? None. It's yet another contemptable treatment of fans. The recent message from his 'management' wow! That was bad enough, but this, this just reeks of insensitivity and ego. An infantile attempt to prove he can sell-out venues much like the pathetic lists in Autobiography. Morrissey does not need the love of fans. He loves himself more than enough. Pathetic. Just pathetic.

View attachment 44970

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/mexico-city-sold-out

The first post since cancelling gigs has surfaced on Central - with an extra date to note.
Regards,
FWD.

Update (July 12): the post has since been removed from Central.

Please note:
This information is presented as it was shown on Central.
It is, however, at odds with the preexisting tour information which has the initial date of the Mexico gig as the 23rd - so someone's cocked things up somewhere:

View attachment 44971
Foreign audiences are keeping Morrissey afloat.

Oh, the irony.

Mexico sold out info on Morrissey central now gone, as I‘ve send a massage to Sam via Facebook.

Hm, you can still buy tickets at ticketmaster.mx for the 23rd, but there is this info too...

Attachments

• 584E7EC3-65D4-4763-80C0-603CA14B528C.jpeg
    584E7EC3-65D4-4763-80C0-603CA14B528C.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 0
When I was a kid my Mum had a Readers Digest book of “real” ghost photos, but the one in the book which scared me most was an actual photograph of Edith Sitwell taken when she was alive. She would have made a great Smiths cover star.

Why, if you don't mind me asking, was she in a book of ghost photographs?

That is a question that really, really needs an answer.

Well, a quick Google revealed she supposedly haunts the library of her former home, Renishaw Hall, along with other Sitwells apparently. So maybe this explains why she was in the book.

Excellent News, Manchester & the UK hate Morrissey, I think not, just a few idiots looking for something to say or do. Mexico have voted with their feet, I wanna be there!!
You should book plane tickets and hotel now! Make sure to put down a nice fat deposit, too!

Don't know why but the "Sold out in Mexico" posting on Morrissey Central has been removed

they amended th dates in Morrissey Central, correct post back there

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom