Message to Morrissey Management

Do you think she will apply for a refund for the three tickets she didn't buy for the Camden gigs? :D

Jukebox Jury

:D

I wonder if she gets in someone's seat on the airplane, too? Maybe she switches whenever someone goes to the bathroom? Or she could have a stewardess uniform and walk the aisles handing out peanuts.

I think her whole life may be based on the episode of I Love Lucy when Lucy met William Holden.

27wrpj4.jpg

i think if this had happened to me i would have turned into the hulk crossed with mike tyson (the ear biting years) crossed with a springer guest (poor dental hygiene included). i think your patience and understanding was saintly in this circumstance.

Jeane
Having met you, twice, I can only confirm that is exactly what you look like anyway, so 'turning' into that description would hardly be any effort, would it?;)

Jukebox Jury

I am not against Julia always having to be front centre stage at every single gig, but I would mention that this should not be done at the expense of somebody else's seat.

I do not have the money to travel around the world and when the Edinburgh date was announced, I was determined to get the best seat possible. Despite trying on the internet presale, I was not able to get the seat I wanted, so I made the effort to be first in line at the Edinburgh Playhouse the next day. Success! I was allocated four front row central seats. I was so happy! Between me, Garry and Hugh, we managed to get 12 front row tickets which were allocated to the die-hard fans, and some from overseas and Aberdeen. We e-mailed Julia (knowing that she always has front row seats) and offered her a ticket, but was told that she didn't need it.

You can imagine my surprise when I turned up at the Playhouse and went to my seat to find Julia already sitting there in Garry's seat. When I said to her, "You were offered the chance to BUY this seat, why did you not do this?" she explained that she would move when Garry turned up. I went outdoors to have a cigarette and to tell Garry that somebody was sittingin his seat. When I returned, she had moved, but to Hugh's seat!

Could the Management not have bought Julia a ticket, this means I would not have gotten angry at her. The thing is, she was offered a front row ticket, but refused to buy it. She never did move out of our seats, but we simply had to squeeze together. Obviously, those who had a front row ticket were using it, but there was available seating in the Royal Box, which is not sold, but used for incidents like this when seats are double booked or whatever.

This whole episode left me with a nasty taste in the mouth. Perhaps this explains how Julia can "afford" to go to each and every gig.

Message to Julia

could I please have £35 for MY seat which you used.

I would have had her removed. I paid for the seat... It's my seat. End of story. Where is her ticket? Oh wait... she did not have one. Outrageous. So basically at every concert there is a seat that is sold to the unsuspecting public only for that person to find that once they get to the show they have paid for a seat that they are not going to get.

Firstly. Nobody has helped me to be able to see Morrissey in concert over the years more than girlunafraid. This includes highlighting to me the sale of tickets direct from The Playhouse for this concert, which enabled me to get a row A ticket. She paid for my first class travel to the London Roundhouse dates and for my hotel, and this is not the first time she has done this for me for Morrissey, Smiths and Boorer related events. She has done this many, many times and I'll never be able to pay her back for everything she has done for me (I will pay you back for the Roundhouse tickets - honest!). She is a lovely person who helps everybody. It's part of her nature. Just look how she offered her house to everybody and anybody travelling to the concert who were finding difficulty finding somewhere to stay due to the rugby fans booking all the accommodation.

There are not many people in the world as nice as Grim O'Grady and his generosity to me and others is incredibly noble. I love Grim O'Grady and girlunafraid to bits and would hate to upset either or them. Those who know GU will know exactly the risk of that! Grim is right with his tuppence. Now here is mine. Normally I do not comment on Julia on the board for a few reasons. One of them, she never defends herself and is often the subject of unwarranted attacks. I feel I must comment on this as I am partly responsible. This was not something discussed after the concert. So, everyone is totally unaware of my feelings about this particular night and I never realised there was any bad taste until I read this thread. I suspect GU thought I was upset and is defending me but there wasn't a problem because I was comfortably (as much as you can be in a squeezed up concert) up the front. As I see it. There has been a misunderstanding.

What is slightly funny about this is that I did mention to Julia about the earlier offer made to her to buy a ticket for these seats when I arrived and discovered her there.

The concert would not have been quite the exciting event it was if we had all sat in our own seats. Everybody was trying to edge that bit closer. A few even climbed over my head. Before Morrissey came on, there were quite a few people edging up rows right up to and into row A. There were a couple of people directly behind me and that was no problem to me. As long as I was on the barrier and wasn't needing to cling to it for dear life to stay there, I had no issue. To one side of me was Julia and I had no problem with her being there. Nor did the person on the other side of her. On my other side I let a girl in between me and the person on my right. The person on my right and the girl I let in, let me in-between them to the barrier on the third night in London.

Make no mistake. If anybody tried to take me or prevent me from being on the barrier at that spot, they would have been dealt with. Now. Love, peace and harmony?

what does Julia have going for her in life anyway? Being angry at her would be like being mad at a homeless person for making you feel bad about their situation on your way to work and back every day.

Normally I do not comment on Julia on the board for a few reasons. One of them, she never defends herself and is often the subject of unwarranted attacks. I feel I must comment on this as I am partly responsible. This was not something discussed after the concert. So, everyone is totally unaware of my feelings about this particular night and I never realised there was any bad taste until I read this thread. I suspect GU thought I was upset and is defending me but there wasn't a problem because I was comfortably (as much as you can be in a squeezed up concert) up the front. As I see it. There has been a misunderstanding.
Make no mistake. If anybody tried to take me or prevent me from being on the barrier at that spot, they would have been dealt with. Now. Love, peace and harmony?

I do not think the issue is with Julia per se. It is what Julia represents in this case. I will speak only of my distaste of this matter. If Julia was offered first dibs on the ticket and that ticket was unavailable to the public then hey... its all fair. There are many tickets that go to friends and family of athletes and performers. This is understood by most anyone who has attended a sporting event or a concert.

The issue here is that you bought and paid for a ticket to a venue through a legal source. The contract of the ticket is that you are paying to occupy the space indicated on the ticket for the duration of the event and the immediate time before and after the event so long as you uphold the rules that they have set forth in the ticket. Whether the artist or venue is responsible for the following is irrelevant as this is not a post to assign blame. When you purchase the ticket that space and seat is yours for that event. The artist nor the venue has the legal ability to place another person / equipment or seize the seat without some form of compensation or a seat or equal or better value.

It sends a message to the fans that the ticket you are purchasing through ticketmaster or any other broker may not be your seat as the venue or artist may seize your ticket without due compensation for their own whims.

Personally? I would be outraged not at Julia personally but at the venue and artist for having the audacity to take this action and / or allowing it to happen.

what does Julia have going for her in life anyway? Being angry at her would be like being mad at a homeless person for making you feel bad about their situation on your way to work and back every day.

shes stinkin rich, aint she? she has that going for her.

There are 2 things that stop me going to more Morrissey concerts than I do (and I get to a fair few). 1 is money. 2 is getting time off work. If I was in Julia's position of not having to worry about these things, I sure as hell wouldn't shit all over the people who do have to put so much more effort into getting to the gigs.

I guess Julia has become a monster, fed by Morrissey... What else can happen to a person who's spent the last 13 years of her life chasing someone else and doing nothing else?

But that doesn't give her any f*...ing right to abuse anybody, because she thinks daddy Morrissey is going to defend her... If I had been any of the harmed people, I'd would have done ANYTHING to get her OUT of my seat... F*...ING CHRIST!! YOU PAID FOR YOUR SEAT!! You have the total right to kick anyone trying to take your seat ilegally in the ass, hard enough to send her back to the US. Because she's Morrissey's spoiled child, she doesn't have the right to take a seat oaid by someone else! Outrageous indeed! And if it's not the first time that happens, much worse, because that means that people let her do that...

She has all the money and time of the world, so why the hell cannot she afford her own ticket? Gee... It's so unfair... You guys had to save penny by penny to have the seat, and then she goes and steals it from you... Insane!... She's mentally ill.

Guys, girlunafraid, I'm totally with you... Had I been there, I would have kicked her ass out of the seats you paid for... End of the story...

Kick her in the c***.

I don't care or object to her getting in early or for free but I had paid for an actual seat and someone was sitting in it I would just get them to move, if you've got a ticket with that seat number on it there's no argument and I don't understand why she wasn't moved, have I missed something?

Nobody in the first row sat in their seat. Lots of people without row A tickets were in Row A. Most people in the stalls moved closer than their tickets were for.

Julia was in my space and I had no issue with that.

Oh if nobody stayed in their seats anyway I wouldn't be bothered if she nicked my seat either.

Nobody in the first row sat in their seat. Lots of people without row A tickets were in Row A. Most people in the stalls moved closer than their tickets were for.

Julia was in my space and I had no issue with that.

Amen.
Certain people on this site are a bunch of shit stirring assholes with nothing else to do but stick their noses in other people's business.
Good on you for setting the crashing bores straight.

even if we had her money I bet no one on this board would go to every single gig! I don't understand how she can not get a bit bored of it! there can't be much excitement in living someone else's life

Have to agree with you on this. I find it all a bit weird to be honest. IMO He virtually plays the same set every night anyway which for 95% of fans is fine because they go once or maybe twice max. Its like watching your favourite football team every day playing the same team and with the score always being the same...

Oh, I've had a very similar experience with her. She completely blanked me, when I asked for her to "excuse me" in order to reach my seat along the row. Eventually she stood up, and let us past. Everyone else sat near me got the same treatment. Then we had the unpleasant scene of the person turning up for their own seat.

She would be the last person I would offer a ticket to.

i agree

i met her at a morrissey gig in bakersfield ,ca in 2007. when the show started the seating arrangement sucked, even though i had a front fow ticket. so i sat down in front row middle (my seat was front row left) then she sat down next to me and said " is that even the seat your supposed to be sitting in?" and securtiy came over to me and made me move, luckily it was such a mess that i was able to make my way back to the middle and morrissey shook my hand. then i did the best i could to shove as many people durint the enore in her direction, she got banged in the head a couple times by people trying to reach the stage, she deserves all she gets. except for gigs, she shouldn't have a ticket without paying

I know Julia goes to all his shows and runs her website, etc. for him but what is the backstory on this woman? How did she first get involved and become the one fan to be exempt from being treated like everyone else? I'm not jealous of her, I have no idea who she is, never met her, but I am curious about her backstory...thanks.

Back
Top Bottom