Message to Juno

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
I realize that I am the poster child in your brain for all that you hate about solo. God knows I have my targets too and I aim to shoot them kindly. But I have an issue with something I find particularly creeptastic.

You have posted 59 times on solo. 34 of those 59 posts, over HALF, have directly referenced negatively or attacked me. Which is fine, whatevs, you don't get what I talk about. That's no big deal.

What is kind of a big deal is that you saw me in line at a concert, recognized me from a photo I'm assuming I posted here and failed to introduce yourself. You then posted here that you saw me and recognized me. Why is that?

Good. Maybe you have an inkling now of how creepy and disgusting it must feel for Morrissey to read your posts about your schizophrenic obsession with him, and to read the things you say about him.

Good. Maybe you have an inkling now of how creepy and disgusting it must feel for Morrissey to read your posts about your schizophrenic obsession with him, and to read the things you say about him.

Maybe he has a sense of humour...

Are you suggesting Morrissey actually reads solo?

I'm sure it's almost as creepy and disgusting as the small lady boner you have for CrystalGeezer. I bet you went to the bathroom in mid-concert (IF you were really ever there) and beat your clit off to the thought of coming back here just to post about her.

Are you suggesting Morrissey actually reads solo?

He does.

Shut it, Helen Keller.

I just vomited a little bit in my mouth.

I'm sure it's almost as creepy and disgusting as the small lady boner you have for CrystalGeezer. I bet you went to the bathroom in mid-concert (IF you were really ever there) and beat your clit off to the thought of coming back here just to post about her.

He does.

Shut it, Helen Keller.

Well put , nothappy/Viva.

Oh, and I'm (unfortunately) always amused to see the name "Helen Keller" flung about as an insult. I remember, probably twenty years ago now, an episode of "Moonlighting" (yes, the one with Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd) where the pair of them stumbled across a trashed-to-pieces hotel room, whereupon Bruce Willis let out with "...oh, the Helen Keller look..." .

Well put , nothappy/Viva.

I'm thinking of changing my username to nothappynotviva. You know, because I'm not Viva, I'm just engaged to him. :)

Oh, and I'm (unfortunately) always amused to see the name "Helen Keller" flung about as an insult. I remember, probably twenty years ago now, an episode of "Moonlighting" (yes, the one with Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd) where the pair of them stumbled across a trashed-to-pieces hotel room, whereupon Bruce Willis let out with "...oh, the Helen Keller look..." .

I miss the old Moonlighting Bruce. Hell, at this point, I miss any Bruce pre-1996.

He does.

Shut it, Helen Keller.
Who is Helen Keller?

I'm thinking of changing my username to nothappynotviva. You know, because I'm not Viva, I'm just engaged to him. :)

I miss the old Moonlighting Bruce. Hell, at this point, I miss any Bruce pre-1996.

Sorry about the user name mix-up. I suppose I assumed , that from time to time, there was some co-posting going on. I don't know why I thought so ... oh well....

"...pre-1996..." ? What happened in that year ? Is that when "Hudson Hawk" (?) was released ? Or did that year see a particularly rich crop of hair lost from Bruce's head ?

I was just thinking about one of my favorite movie guilty pleasures The Fifth Element and how I thought he did a decent job. :o I think that's post '96 though. :p

"...pre-1996..." ? What happened in that year ? Is that when "Hudson Hawk" (?) was released ? Or did that year see a particularly rich crop of hair lost from Bruce's head ?

Oh no, I love 'Hudson Hawk'! Post-96 he just hasn't been the same Bruce. He's been making more and more movies that appeal to me less. You compare something like 'Death Becomes Her' with 'The Whole Nine Yards' and you can see the difference in his comedy-style. He's less "sarcastic and screwball" and more like "deadpan tough guy" in comedies. Not to mention, his action movies were amazing pre-1996. When I watch a Bruce Willis action movie, I expect him to be foul mouthed, smoke, have hair, be sarcastic, kill a lot of people, get his ass beat constantly, and be covered in his own blood profusely by the end of the film...and he just doesn't do movies like that anymore.

I was just thinking about one of my favorite movie guilty pleasures The Fifth Element and how I thought he did a decent job. :o I think that's post '96 though. :p

I like 'The Fifth Element' but mainly for Gary Oldman and Chris Tucker...and the blue opera singer.

It is a visually striking, impressively stylised film. The plot, however, is all over the place like , as the saying goes, a mad woman's shit. The scene where that blue, multi-octave, squid lady takes a round in the gut and Bruce is obliged ( for some reason) to reach through the entry hole and grope about in her innards ... yes, "visually striking" indeed (!).

Oh no, I love 'Hudson Hawk'! Post-96 he just hasn't been the same Bruce. He's been making more and more movies that appeal to me less. You compare something like 'Death Becomes Her' with 'The Whole Nine Yards' and you can see the difference in his comedy-style. He's less "sarcastic and screwball" and more like "deadpan tough guy" in comedies. Not to mention, his action movies were amazing pre-1996. When I watch a Bruce Willis action movie, I expect him to be foul mouthed, smoke, have hair, be sarcastic, kill a lot of people, get his ass beat constantly, and be covered in his own blood profusely by the end of the film...and he just doesn't do movies like that anymore.

To be honest , I can't recall much at all about "Hudson Hawk" . There's something about Italy and some heist , is there ? I can, though, remember the exceedingly punchable look Bruce Willis wore on the promotional posters/ video cover etc. And that god damned hat...

"...sarcastic and screwball..." - exactly that. Obviously, as apparent in "Moonlighting" but not solely there. There are some nice Bruce moments in "Die Hard" ( speaking of being covered in one's own blood) which act to humanise the otherwise ghoulish mayhem. One quietly silly ( and, hence, endearing) scene in "Die Hard" shows Bruce, while scuttling about through airvents, bumping into a nude centrefold left stuck up on a door by construction workers. Later in the film, scampering through the same vent , he comes across it again and quickly rubs his hand across the poster, mumbling the acknowledgment "....Girls..." while rushing past on his way to shoot baddies.

I suppose the point I'm making is that Bruce plays the scene perfectly and it's the antithesis of the dreary " deadpan tough-guy" thing you mentioned.

I can't believe how much thought I've just put into Bruce Willis...

Last edited:
It is a visually striking, impressively stylised film. The plot, however, is all over the place like , as the saying goes, a mad woman's shit. The scene where that blue, multi-octave, squid lady takes a round in the gut and Bruce is obliged ( for some reason) to reach through the entry hole and grope about in her innards ... yes, "visually striking" indeed (!).

It is all over the place and the plot is weak and even the stylizing quite lame, but the line delivery is funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom