Message from Morrissey "We Will Resume" (facebook, myspace, TTY and official site)

CharlieFairhead

Loweringthetonesince1974
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=6687424&blogID=492309469
We Will Resume
I am very pleased to confirm that we will resume at Luxembourg this coming Friday (5 June), absorbed and collected. I have been reconstructed by a Wiltshire hospital and I am as close to good health as I'm likely to get.

I apologize to everyone caught up in the to-ing and fro-ing, but the disappointment of postponement is less than the disappointment of hearing me sing on one engine.

I should stress that nothing has been canceled. The four London concerts are repositioned in July, and both Birmingham and the Royal Albert Hall are October fixtures. I've endured a titanic struggle against an intolerable virus lately, and although Hull, Hartlepool and Manchester were nights that comprised a whole life, the physical limits were reached. False notes crush the soul.

Besides Luxembourg and beyond, I am excited about the October release of Swords, which is an 18-track compilation of b-side of singles from the last three albums. This will be a Polydor release.

Thanks to everyone who bought 'Years of Refusal'. We were the number one seller in the UK for the week of release, but, as with 'You Are The Quarry' and 'Your Arsenal', we were booted off the number one spot on the last hour of the final day. We cried.

I would like to point out that some passable creature is using my name and sending sharply chiseled replies to people via Twitter, MySpace and Facebook. This person is not me. Not enough happens in my life that I would wish to share it with others. I do not scan these sites – or whatever they are - so I can only hope that whoever is posing as me is at least worth talking to. Beware of false imitations.

Thanks for reading these unvarnished facts, and thanks for giving us some greatly enjoyable nights on the Refusal tour.

Absolutely yours,
Morrissey.

Last edited:
Re: Message from Morrissey "We Will Resume" (facebook, myspace, TTY and official site

Hope blue jag and other people demanded an apology are happy to read Morrissey's message.

Re: Message from Morrissey "We Will Resume" (facebook, myspace, TTY and official site

We Will Resume
I am very pleased to confirm that we will resume at Luxembourg this coming Friday (5 June), absorbed and collected. I have been reconstructed by a Wiltshire hospital and I am as close to good health as I'm likely to get.

I apologize to everyone caught up in the to-ing and fro-ing, but the disappointment of postponement is less than the disappointment of hearing me sing on one engine.

I should stress that nothing has been canceled. The four London concerts are repositioned in July, and both Birmingham and the Royal Albert Hall are October fixtures. I've endured a titanic struggle against an intolerable virus lately, and although Hull, Hartlepool and Manchester were nights that comprised a whole life, the physical limits were reached. False notes crush the soul.

Besides Luxembourg and beyond, I am excited about the October release of Swords, which is an 18-track compilation of b-side of singles from the last three albums. This will be a Polydor release.

Thanks to everyone who bought 'Years of Refusal'. We were the number one seller in the UK for the week of release, but, as with 'You Are The Quarry' and 'Your Arsenal', we were booted off the number one spot on the last hour of the final day. We cried.

I would like to point out that some passable creature is using my name and sending sharply chiseled replies to people via Twitter, MySpace and Facebook. This person is not me. Not enough happens in my life that I would wish to share it with others. I do not scan these sites – or whatever they are - so I can only hope that whoever is posing as me is at least worth talking to. Beware of false imitations.

Thanks for reading these unvarnished facts, and thanks for giving us some greatly enjoyable nights on the Refusal tour.

Absolutely yours,
Morrissey.

:sweet: love love love that man.

Can't wait til Swords!!!

He's SO eloquent!
I love him more than life. ;)

Today has been a good day for Moz news and a sweet apology too. So glad he is on the mend :love: :D

Surely a new track on "SWORDS" for those who buy the singles..

Yippee!!!!! or however it is spelled!:guitar::guitar::guitar:
:love:
:sweet:

I'd need a 'dances around blissfully with a smile on face'- smiley now

thank you for the lovely funny post and
cheers to the hero of the throat:thumb: looking forward to swords
and Offenbach!!!!

What a great man. Infuriating at times. But he has a lot of integrity. We have to give him that much credit, at least.

Thank you for Manchester, Morrissey.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=6687424&blogID=492309469
We Will Resume

Absolutely yours,
Morrissey.

:) Absolutely brilliant.

Brixton (and Troxy) rescheduled for July - get in!

Thank you, Morrissey!
Glad to hear you're feeling better.
See you in Rotterdam. :guitar:

Aw. :love:

Looking forward to July and the release of 'Swords'.

Well, there you have it; equilibrium has been restored.

:love:

You really have to wonder if he reads this site, or someone reads it to him...

So glad to hear he is on the mend and feeling better.

Even in a short note, his writing fascinates me.

Hope all the moaners are happy now. :p And will the "that's it for me" people return ?

I am so excited about the release of Swords.:thumb:

he has a lot of integrity.

Spot on.

I hope people will stop sniping at him now.

Spot on.

I hope people will stop sniping at him now.

Me too, it was getting a bit silly and.. painful.

Yay!!! :D :sweet: I'm breathing a big sigh of relief.

Hurrah!!! :) (Ab)normal order is restored.

I'm quite glad to hear this! I wonder if he types these things himself or dictates them, the way MySpace is written with correct capitals doesn't seem to fit with a guy who says "sites - or whatever they are". I'm analysing this far too closely.

Saw this first thing on the front pages as it's my homepage! I was feeling a little guilty for not being more supportive of what he's been going through, so it's always reassuring to hear from the man himself. But I still think he needs to scale back some shows for his own well-being.

Tags
moz <3
Back
Top Bottom