Message from Morrissey; "...Playboys" re-release in March - true-to-you.net

Wow ... surprised Melbourne gets a shout out for one of the best of the tour. Not that it wasn't an amazing show, but just that he was less talkative than any of the other shows I've seen him play and the crowd were sometimes slightly subdued, so I thought from her perspective it may have been one of the "off nights". But happy to be wrong and happy that he holds it as a positive experience so that I can stupidly hold out hope for another Aus tour before 2022 (assuming we're playing this 10 years game again).

When you read the never-ending flow of vitriol and then read a follow-up statement like this... I hope some of the haters take at least a millisecond to realize Morrissey's just one man. Just one fragile collection of bones, tissue and skin among billions. His mind and heart are special otherwise we (haters included) wouldn't even be here discussing him in the first place.
Just like the fans who've been patiently waiting he knows what towns and cities he "owes". He'll get to Flint, he'll get to Atlanta. Then you can bitch about the set list et al. But part of you will still love every second of it.

I might well mean nothing about but.....he has been touring far too much in the last couple of years.
Get well soon Mozzer...
Cheers Moz

Still no mention about the Sainsburys opening on TtY ! Didcot is worrying and so is the store manager

When you read the never-ending flow of vitriol and then read a follow-up statement like this... I hope some of the haters take at least a millisecond to realize Morrissey's just one man. Just one fragile collection of bones, tissue and skin among billions. His mind and heart are special otherwise we (haters included) wouldn't even be here discussing him in the first place.
Just like the fans who've been patiently waiting he knows what towns and cities he "owes". He'll get to Flint, he'll get to Atlanta. Then you can bitch about the set list et al. But part of you will still love every second of it.

:clap:

It's amazing that Morrissey has been so physically besieged of late, because this (temporarily) ill-fated 2013 tour really has seen him in tip-top form. I was in the front row at that Brooklyn show, and it truly was one of the best gigs I've seen. The man was incandescent and the love in that room could have lit up the borough for the evening.

Me too and I'm glad to read that he felt it. Here's wishing a very speedy recovery!

Stephen Street was unaware that "Playboys" was being reissued, so likely to be the Bona Drag 2010 remaster and no news on the b-sides. Here's hoping that "The Ordinary Boys" as remastered by Mr Street is included in the package.

Not sure how serious the current health issues are, but I suppose that's between Morrissey and his Doc. What I want to know is though, will the promoters be charging more money for the shows on the premise that the audience may witness Morrissey drop dead on stage?

Suspect you have posted this in the wrong thread Grandma... We're sending best wishes to Moz in this one. Still, would be good know that Stephen Street had a hand in any new re-issue

Get well soon Morrissey.

Dave

Stephen Street was unaware that "Playboys" was being reissued, so likely to be the Bona Drag 2010 remaster and no news on the b-sides. Here's hoping that "The Ordinary Boys" as remastered by Mr Street is included in the package.

Suspect you have posted this in the wrong thread Grandma... We're sending best wishes to Moz in this one. Still, would be good know that Stephen Street had a hand in any new re-issue

Get well soon Morrissey.

Dave
If you looked below morrissey's statement you would see there post is relavant to this thread aswell.

Anyway, get well soon moz!

Last edited:
I wish Morrissey the best and hope he gets well soon.I suffer from gerd.It can be painful.Mine sent me to the emergency room and then through several tests.From what I`ve read Barrette`s is a complication of this.Again Morrissey I hope you get well soon.:flowers::flowers:

Via True-to-you:

Message from Morrissey

The reports of my death have been greatly understated. Once admitted to the William Beaumont Hospital at Royal Oak in Michigan, I received treatment for concussion, a bleeding ulcer, and Barrett's esophagus. The positive from all of this is that there are now no known ailments left for me to try.
I am fully determined to resume the tour on February 9 at the Chelsea Ballroom in Las Vegas. If there's an audience of any kind in attendance, I just might die with a smile on my face, after all. If I am not there, I shall probably never again be anywhere.
Equally, I am determined to play Flint (Michigan) if it kills me (which, on the face of it, it almost has.)

Thank you to everyone present at both Brooklyn (New York) and Melbourne (Australia) during recent weeks for two of the best nights of what might charitably be termed my "career". My debt to you will outlive time itself.

pause at my headstone,
MORRISSEY
31 January 2013.

One of the best things I have read by Moz in a long time. Can you imagine if his autobiography is full of gems like this?

After this tour commences, I hope he gets some needed down time to fully and properly recover.

"Equally, I am determined to play Flint (Michigan) if it kills me (which, on the face of it, it almost has.)"

And we are determined to see you in Flint Michigan. Please come, we will roll out the welcome mats and you can give us a show to remember. Reschedule Flint! :)

I know, I know it's serious, but...

I honestly thought the other two ailments besides the ulcer were humorous when I first read the statement. How'd he get a concussion anyway ? No one saw any serious tackle in the last show or anything of the kind to inflict him one, yet it sounds like something he might 'fancy' having given his love for boxing and self mutilation....oh well , do get better and see you in Moz Angeles !!

Nadie mas pensó que las otras dolencias que dice que lo aquejan son en broma? Como pudo haber tenido una concusión? Dado su historial de afición al boxeo y a auto inflingirse dolor, me suena mas bien a que fantasea con tener una !

My heart just sunk when I read this - I love and live for you and can't imagine a world without your passion and beautiful brutal honesty - my absolute light, get well love you Barbara xxx

Yes. :thumb:

Hear, hear.

Don't know if anyone else heard this but I was told Kristeen Young strongly hinted Morrissey would be at her solo show tonight in St. Louis. Having read the extent of his illness, I'm now doubting that's true. Anyone planning on attending?

Hear, hear.

Don't know if anyone else heard this but I was told Kristeen Young strongly hinted Morrissey would be at her solo show tonight in St. Louis. Having read the extent of his illness, I'm now doubting that's true. Anyone planning on attending?

I think she does that to get people to show up. :straightface: She did that before the Roxy show. He wasn't even in America at the time. Classy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom