Message from Morrissey on TTY

Speaking of season tix...so they were available for CA. Now the NY dates finally appear on ticketmaster but there is no "5 show pass" listed. Does this have anything to do with the press release today where he stated that the "season tickets" were not his idea etc? Or am I just living up to the rep. of being a crazy fan and overthinking everything? :confused:

I think the season ticket option for LA showed up later than the the individual dates. There was a gap.

Speaking of season tix...so they were available for CA. Now the NY dates finally appear on ticketmaster but there is no "5 show pass" listed. Does this have anything to do with the press release today where he stated that the "season tickets" were not his idea etc? Or am I just living up to the rep. of being a crazy fan and overthinking everything? :confused:

I doubt it seeing as that statement made it clear he has no control over ticket sales. I'm surprised anyone ever thought he had to be honest.

I doubt it seeing as that statement made it clear he has no control over ticket sales. I'm surprised anyone ever thought he had to be honest.

No control, per se, but couldn't an artists requests be taken into consideration? I noticed that all of these sales are staggered- except for the individual tickets for the residencies, no two ticket onsale times have overlapped so far. This is a big help if you're planning to go to multiple shows, and I appreciate it, whoever arranged it.

No control, per se, but couldn't an artists requests be taken into consideration? I noticed that all of these sales are staggered- except for the individual tickets for the residencies, no two ticket onsale times have overlapped so far. This is a big help if you're planning to go to multiple shows, and I appreciate it, whoever arranged it.

Not really. The way I understand it is the artist signs a contract to do the gig for a certain fee with the promoters who have a contract with the venue who have a contract with the ticket agencies.

Everyone has SOME control over ticket sales. From simple things such as requesting a block of four put aside for the family to taking the first four rows and blocking them off for auction with proceeds going to their favorite charity.

Look at Dave Matthews Band. Warehouse blocks off some of the best seats to give to their members. He may have wanted to retract his part in the season passes because he realized the outcry it was receiving or he is just oblivious to what is going on around him.

I think it can be said that he is definitely NOT oblivious.

Everyone has SOME control over ticket sales. From simple things such as requesting a block of four put aside for the family to taking the first four rows and blocking them off for auction with proceeds going to their favorite charity.

Look at Dave Matthews Band. Warehouse blocks off some of the best seats to give to their members. He may have wanted to retract his part in the season passes because he realized the outcry it was receiving or he is just oblivious to what is going on around him.

I think it can be said that he is definitely NOT oblivious.

Every artist has a ticket allocation in their contract. That does not mean they then have control over what happens to the other tickets. Promoters and venues put on the gig to make money. If the artist decides to try and control ticket prices and how they are sold, they are not going to make money therefore they are not going to put the gig on.

I think he has got wind of the rumours and the panic that he might be retiring and wants to basically make it clear that none of that came from him. And I think he is trying to calm us down and stop people bankrupting themselves in order to make it to what we have led to believe may be his last shows. What a sweetie! I think its all good, and we should take heart and just think he's gonna have a much deserved rest!
:)

hear hear.

I think he has got wind of the rumours and the panic that he might be retiring and wants to basically make it clear that none of that came from him. And I think he is trying to calm us down and stop people bankrupting themselves in order to make it to what we have led to believe may be his last shows. What a sweetie! I think its all good, and we should take heart and just think he's gonna have a much deserved rest!

Thank you for saying this! I knew someone would post this before I had the chance to...:)

This is the way I took it as well....and thought him very kind and such a sweetie, yes, for saying this. I didn't think it was wierd.....he's just acknowledging that we are all humans too with busy lives, and take out time especially for him, and have done so a lot this year, and will continue to, but only if it's reasonable.....and that i appreciate very very much! Always so considerate.....I love that.

As always...MORRISSEY you are the best! And yes, I love you for being you. ;)

Am I the only one who sees contradiction in what Morrissey has said in his message and the announcement on TTY on 22nd Aug. Who wrote that then, I thought it came from Morrissey. It states the following:

We are now delighted to announce the final 30 shows of the tour,

The desire is to go out with some great memories for everyone, as who knows what the future will bring.

These shows will be the last Morrissey will do for the foreseeable future

As far as I can see the NME took their lead from the TTY article. I am confrused :confused:

What he means is that the press release didn't come from him but from the tour promoters.
Moz has never used the third person to speak about himself, this last message comes from him and he's the only person who knows what he's planning for the future.
I for one am very relieved to hear what he had to say.

Last edited:
Well, that's frustrating. Morrissey has said many times that it's not fact unless it comes from TTY, which is why I (along with many, many others) took the sentiment so seriously. It's slightly irresponsible for him to dodge the gravity of the statement by blaming it on the NME, when everyone knows that it came from his official press vehicle first.

I was preparing to attend a whole slew of shows and while this doesn't change my plans, I sort of expect less from this leg than I did twenty-four hours ago.

Blah.

Ah! You beat me to it... I just read it on TTY for pure chance... And I'm sort of relieved that he indirectly said he was not retiring, denying what NME published, quoting the press release that caused all the fuss here...

But anyway... I won't see him again live in ages... No way I can go to the US or México... That's sad enough...

Pero compatriota! quizas venga en Noviembre... quien sabe, por ultimo este otro año! hay que tener fe u know...

my opinion is that he may didn't think he could cause all this... i mean, he was just saying that the 2007's tour is over and, we, as fans, thought that he was retiring and NME took advantage of it... they equally sold a lot of magazines, huh? GREAT BUSINESS! morrissey sells all the tix and NME all the magazines! (and we spent money on NME AND the tix, but it was so convenient! 10 at price of 9! :S)

Saludos, Felipe.

No Scavevman... No november for us, he's ending the tour on Nov. the 4th... After that he'll go to sleep and drink tea with the taste ¿of the Thames? ... May God listen to you and next year we'll see... But I don't want to hope anything. My heart is too hurt already.

No Scavevman... No november for us, he's ending the tour on Nov. the 4th... After that he'll go to sleep and drink tea with the taste ¿of the Thames? ... May God listen to you and next year we'll see... But I don't want to hope anything. My heart is too hurt already.

...sullenly on a chair on the pavement... y mi parte favorita: And here I am every last inch of me is yours, Yours, For evermore...!

i don't know why, but i'm almost sure he's coming next year ;)

saludos!

Back
Top Bottom