Message from Morrissey on TTY

I wish i could give him a big squeezy hug.:pI`m suddenly all happy.:DAnd i won`t even being seeing him soon.:)

28 August 2008

MESSAGE FROM MORRISSEY.

I would like to stress to members of TTY that the recent quotes on NME.com attributed to me concerning "retirement" and "final concerts" were not made by me, and that the NME are wrong to put my name next to these quotes.
Furthermore, I would like to stress that my knowledge and involvement with "season tickets" and ticket prices for the upcoming shows is zero, and I have nothing at all to do with the way by which tickets are sold or priced. People who think I am involved in that side of the presentation overestimate me - I actually have pitifully short legs - there's only so much I can do.
Thanks to those of you who have bought tickets, and thanks to those even considering coming along. With so many US concerts this year your loyalty has already been over-stretched, so if you decide to pass, that's OK.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, NME!

Ah! You beat me to it... I just read it on TTY for pure chance... And I'm sort of relieved that he indirectly said he was not retiring, denying what NME published, quoting the press release that caused all the fuss here...

But anyway... I won't see him again live in ages... No way I can go to the US or México... That's sad enough...

aww, well that was nice of him. :)

thank you Morrissey, you are the best! love ya sweetie, can't wait to see you. muah! ;)

Do you think that he responded because he knows all about the speculation thats been going on here? Me thinks yep.:):cool:

Morrissey I LOVE YOU.:p

"Thanks to those of you who have bought tickets, and thanks to those even considering coming along. With so many US concerts this year your loyalty has already been over-stretched, so if you decide to pass, that's OK. "

Does anyone else think this is an odd thing for him to say. Namely the last phrase or 2? Or am I just over thinking this?

"Thanks to those of you who have bought tickets, and thanks to those even considering coming along. With so many US concerts this year your loyalty has already been over-stretched, so if you decide to pass, that's OK. "

Does anyone else think this is an odd thing for him to say. Namely the last phrase or 2? Or am I just over thinking this?

Maybe he's hoping these don't sell well so he can just go home and have a cuppa tea with his Mum instead. ;)

Oh dear! I need to distract myself from this potentially stressful stream of thoughts and questions. eek! I need to go bury my head in the frink...I, I mean sand. :cool:

Maybe he's hoping these don't sell well so he can just go home and have a cuppa tea with his Mum instead. ;)

Oh I thought it meant something like, "I wouldn't mind attracting some new fans." EDIT: No [I'm disagreeing w/ myself - how psychotic], actually he probably means, "Don't feel pressured to buy tickets for all 10 nights in L.A. or 5 nights in N.Y. if you haven't really got the money to do so. You've already proven your loyalty, I know you love me." OK, I'm really overthinking this now - I'm going to stop.

If he didn't want to play more concerts, who would be able to force him?

Last edited:
Ok, that was weird.

Same here.
What has NME to do with it? They just reprinted the Press Release - nothing about that, while, well, it was official?
I don't understand who's saying what anymore. Do you?

I don't think it's odd at all. I'm not so naive as to believe he's as uninvolved with the financial aspects of his career as he says, but by now it's pretty clear that-- sometimes infuriatingly, sometimes comically, always with authentic clumsiness-- he has for twenty-odd years let honor, dignity, art, concern for his fans, and fierce independence get in the way of chasing money from one end of the globe to the other.

Morrissey has once again left his fans slightly confused but very happy. All's right with the world.

Maybe he's sick of seeing the same 20 people in the front at every single show and wants to encourage them to sit it out so he can see some new faces? :p

Am I the only one who sees contradiction in what Morrissey has said in his message and the announcement on TTY on 22nd Aug. Who wrote that then, I thought it came from Morrissey. It states the following:

We are now delighted to announce the final 30 shows of the tour,

The desire is to go out with some great memories for everyone, as who knows what the future will bring.

These shows will be the last Morrissey will do for the foreseeable future

As far as I can see the NME took their lead from the TTY article. I am confrused :confused:

Morrissey has once again left his fans slightly confused but very happy. All's right with the world.

Perfect description

Back
Top Bottom