Message from Morrissey on TTY

5 days at the Hammerstein translates to the basic population that MSG holds... so I would venture to guess that he was contractually bound to offer concerts that could hold or have the possibility to sell those tickets.

Remember when people were saying that he could book MSG this fall...? I replied that he would not go back to MSG because he did not sell out the Garden. On top of that....MSG is booked with shows months in advance before the public is aware of them.

Van Halen is rolling into town... MSG must have been sitting on that for the last few months.

There's another point we haven't discussed yet:
"With so many US concerts this year your loyalty has already been over-stretched"

So many. Over-stretched.
It seems to me that he's aware that there are too many concerts in the US, which makes me wonder why he decided to do "so many US concerts". It's a sort of contradiction. Maybe he had to do all these shows in the US. I don't know.

Now that you mention it, in fact there's a certain lack of enthusiasm in Morrissey's words about the US concerts. I mean... saying his audience that they can pass if they want to, could mean that he's doing those shows just to carry out an obligation...

And at the same time, those words are another confirmation that he's not retiring because he wouldn't be saying his people not to go to see him for the last time if they don't feel like going! I mean... hello!

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about this message. While I DO believe he is not directly involved with how tickets are sold, etc. I still think his people should've done something to honor tix somehow or give a discount for these made up area shows to those who had tix to the canceled ones. So I'm not so much as annoyed with Morrissey anymore as I am with his "people".

On the other hand though, he has walked off stage during his concerts in the past or canceled on his own, so I guess he's at fault for that. LOL And I don't mean when he was sick recently either. That just sucks and I sympathize with him there, and he did try and go out and make the show go on.

Interesting opinions Buzzetta and Ceci..
It may be that wanting to record new material in the US they decided to do more concerts there, rather than in Europe...etc... for convenience. It would give a chance to develop the new material in concert and keep the musicians together, cut expenses, and reduce travelling which is very tiring. Morrissey looked worn out by the end of the last trek.

rottcopy.jpg

Get it? I don't mind. I find him to be worth it. This is at least as good as a bad relationship that's fun despite the badness. At least I'm having fun getting manipulated... I'll be at more than a few of these shows, because I can, because I want to.

I have mixed feelings about this message. While I DO believe he is not directly involved with how tickets are sold, etc. I still think his people should've done something to honor tix somehow or give a discount for these made up area shows to those who had tix to the canceled ones. So I'm not so much as annoyed with Morrissey anymore as I am with his "people".

On the other hand though, he has walked off stage during his concerts in the past or canceled on his own, so I guess he's at fault for that. LOL And I don't mean when he was sick recently either. That just sucks and I sympathize with him there, and he did try and go out and make the show go on.

That's impossible as it's a different venue. Once MSG was officially cancelled with no return date... ticketmaster has to refund the money. MSG holds 6 to 7 times the amount of people that the Hammerstein holds. Suppose Morrissey sells out even half of MSG. If that is the case then he still cannot fit all of those people in at the Hammerstein. Then how do you deal with the people that all want to go on one day....

Makes sense besides the fact of ticketmaster contracts and such to simply refund and start anew when it is at a different venue.

That's impossible as it's a different venue. Once MSG was officially cancelled with no return date... ticketmaster has to refund the money. MSG holds 6 to 7 times the amount of people that the Hammerstein holds. Suppose Morrissey sells out even half of MSG. If that is the case then he still cannot fit all of those people in at the Hammerstein. Then how do you deal with the people that all want to go on one day....

Makes sense besides the fact of ticketmaster contracts and such to simply refund and start anew when it is at a different venue.

I understand what you're saying but then perhaps there should've been some kind of fan discount or something? I'm sure SOMEBODY could've worked SOMETHING out. I think Ticketmaster should've been held responsible for this. They could've either given a discount or credited that money towards the Hammerstein tix.

By the way, I live in NYC as well and have been both to Hammerstein and MSG so I know how big each place is :)

I understand what you're saying but then perhaps there should've been some kind of fan discount or something? I'm sure SOMEBODY could've worked SOMETHING out. I think Ticketmaster should've been held responsible for this. They could've either given a discount or credited that money towards the Hammerstein tix.

By the way, I live in NYC as well and have been both to Hammerstein and MSG so I know how big each place is :)

how many times do we need to tell you!!! it doesn't work your way!! there are too many people involved in a show. and the logistics would be a nightmare...if a show gets canceled, it gets refunded!!!...fan credit? for waht? the next show? how would ticketmaster know there will be a next show (and it's not their fault the show was canceled). furthermore, the logistics once again would be complicated. furthermore, most people do not want credit...they want refunds. i would much rather get a refund and purchase from scratch my next show (i was able to go to MSG show, but i am not able to go to any Hammerstein shows). what is with you? why is it so hard to accept a refund and repurchase tickets. your way is so complicated and unrealistic -- i can't stand anymore reading you bitch about it. you can't transfer msg tickets to hammerstein...it wouldn't be fair or possible.

fan discount!!! you are getting a fan discount!!!!!! go to five shows and you get one hell of a discount. other than that...shows get canceled. i would hate to be a shareholder of ticketmaster knowing they actually give money (discount as you say), beyond ticket value back to the customer when a show is canceled. what kind of weird business is that? they are not in charge of planning shows.

sorry for this rant people. i just don't understand how melissa can go on and on about this. this is not complicated to understand. Hammerstein probably isn't even owned by the same people who own MSG.

I could say more (believe me, i could), but you get the general idea.

Last edited:
Now that you mention it, in fact there's a certain lack of enthusiasm in Morrissey's words about the US concerts. I mean... saying his audience that they can pass if they want to, could mean that he's doing those shows just to carry out an obligation...

And at the same time, those words are another confirmation that he's not retiring because he wouldn't be saying his people not to go to see him for the last time if they don't feel like going! I mean... hello!

His word are self-depricating and point to his complete lack of arrogance,he has always been this way.He is humble.Its very sweet.:p

I'd like to underline that Morrissey mentioned NME.com, the website, and not NME, the magazine.
I don't think he read the article before it was printed.

Nah because then someone loses money for Morrissey's supposed illness (you know already where I stand on that).

how many times do we need to tell you!!! it doesn't work your way!! there are too many people involved in a show. and the logistics would be a nightmare...if a show gets canceled, it gets refunded!!!...fan credit? for waht? the next show? how would ticketmaster know there will be a next show (and it's not their fault the show was canceled). furthermore, the logistics once again would be complicated. furthermore, most people do not want credit...they want refunds. i would much rather get a refund and purchase from scratch my next show (i was able to go to MSG show, but i am not able to go to any Hammerstein shows). what is with you? why is it so hard to accept a refund and repurchase tickets. your way is so complicated and unrealistic -- i can't stand anymore reading you bitch about it. you can't transfer msg tickets to hammerstein...it wouldn't be fair or possible.

fan discount!!! you are getting a fan discount!!!!!! go to five shows and you get one hell of a discount. other than that...shows get canceled. i would hate to be a shareholder of ticketmaster knowing they actually give money (discount as you say), beyond ticket value back to the customer when a show is canceled. what kind of weird business is that? they are not in charge of planning shows.

sorry for this rant people. i just don't understand how melissa can go on and on about this. this is not complicated to understand. Hammerstein probably isn't even owned by the same people who own MSG.

I could say more (believe me, i could), but you get the general idea.

You say you're tired of me bitching yet you're still reading my posts and taking the time to respond back to them. I don't understand that?:confused: But getting back to to the topic at hand, Ticketmaster if they weren't such greedy bastards could put credit towards another concert for another artist! One of the girls that was supposed to be seeing Moz at MSG with me kept saying she wished they would do something like that so she could've put that money towards seeing the Cure coming up.

And we don't get ALL the money refunded from Ticketmaster. We dont' get all those bullshit fees refunded. Yeah it's like $20 but that $20 could go towards something else. If it seems as if I'm bitter, I am. This is one out of MANY events in recent years that have been canceled on me, and in this case I'm even more pissed because while I know he was sick and had to cancel shows due to illness it seemed he either a) never wanted to play MSG from the beginning and/or b) thought he could sell out the Garden like he did 15 years ago and didn't and canceled shows because he didn't sell out the house. And I wouldn't pay money for 5 shows in NYC knowing that MAYBE he'll do only some of them. It's been said here mulitple times he has a history of canceling shows for various reasons. I'm done with seeing him live! I love his music always will, I support PETA and other animal organizations like he does and I'm glad he's all for that. But I will not be buying another ticket to another live show of his. It's a gamble, and it's my CHOICE. What is your problem with my decision? You got your money refunded, you're happy, congratulations! Don't worry about what I say or think. You don't like my posts skip past them (but I'm sure you're reading this one too even though you're "sick" of my previous ones)

Last edited:

To be very honest I don't think he would've extended his U.S. tour if not for many people being disappointed and complaining.

To be very honest I don't think he would've extended his U.S. tour if not for many people being disappointed and complaining.

Somehow, I seriously doubt that complaining is a very effective way to get Morrissey to do anything. I have a feeling complaining to him would only make him less likely to do what you want, so he either wasn't aware of or extended his tour in spite of the complainers.

ETA: I'm sure he didn't want people to be disappointed, but still doubt he listened to the ones throwing fits.

Last edited:
Somehow, I seriously doubt that complaining is a very effective way to get Morrissey to do anything. I have a feeling complaining to him would only make him less likely to do what you want, so he either wasn't aware of or extended his tour in spite of the complainers.

ETA: I'm sure he didn't want people to be disappointed, but still doubt he listened to the ones throwing fits.

I don't know. If he's fully aware of this website or Julia reads it, anything's possible.

You say you're tired of me bitching yet you're still reading my posts and taking the time to respond back to them. I don't understand that?:confused: But getting back to to the topic at hand, Ticketmaster if they weren't such greedy bastards could put credit towards another concert for another artist! One of the girls that was supposed to be seeing Moz at MSG with me kept saying she wished they would do something like that so she could've put that money towards seeing the Cure coming up.

And we don't get ALL the money refunded from Ticketmaster. We dont' get all those bullshit fees refunded. Yeah it's like $20 but that $20 could go towards something else. If it seems as if I'm bitter, I am. This is one out of MANY events in recent years that have been canceled on me, and in this case I'm even more pissed because while I know he was sick and had to cancel shows due to illness it seemed he either a) never wanted to play MSG from the beginning and/or b) thought he could sell out the Garden like he did 15 years ago and didn't and canceled shows because he didn't sell out the house. And I wouldn't pay money for 5 shows in NYC knowing that MAYBE he'll do only some of them. It's been said here mulitple times he has a history of canceling shows for various reasons. I'm done with seeing him live! I love his music always will, I support PETA and other animal organizations like he does and I'm glad he's all for that. But I will not be buying another ticket to another live show of his. It's a gamble, and it's my CHOICE. What is your problem with my decision? You got your money refunded, you're happy, congratulations! Don't worry about what I say or think. You don't like my posts skip past them (but I'm sure you're reading this one too even though you're "sick" of my previous ones)

i have no problem with you not going to another show. but why you are going on and on about credit, and tickets for msg being used for another show is beyond me...credit? who the hell prefers credit over cash??? my house could burn down and bank accounts be wiped out by scam artists tomorrow but by golly i still got my Ticketmaster credit. :confused: i could be hungry on the streets and all i need is $50 bucks but damn it it's stuck in the form of TM credit!!! :eek: i mean, i just don't understand why anyone is making a big deal about getting refunded instead of credit. you are the only person in the world who doesn't like cash and prefers store credit. TM is going to charge you fees per show no matter and it's not about being greedy. TM is not making a shit load of money despite what people think. and there is competition out there so really people shouldn't complain about losing $3.50 per ticket in fees if a show gets canceled. those are processing fees...TM is not going to donate their service nor should they.

i only lost $3.50 per ticket in fees for the MSG show. that's nothing.

me being sick of you complaining about the post msg logistics doesn't mean i won't read and respond. so really this means nothing.

i have no problem with you not going to another morrissey show and not trusting him...i too am willing to criticize morrissey and i practically started the theory that morrissey canceled because he couldn't sell enough tickets. and i still feel that way. But at least my ideas are logical.

Last edited:
i have no problem with you not going to another show. but why you are going on and on about credit, and tickets for msg being used for another show is beyond me...credit? who the hell prefers credit over cash??? my house could burn down and bank accounts be wiped out by scam artists tomorrow but by golly i still got my Ticketmaster credit. :confused: i could be hungry on the streets and all i need is $50 bucks but damn it it's stuck in the form of TM credit!!! :eek: i mean, i just don't understand why anyone is making a big deal about getting refunded instead of credit. you are the only person in the world who doesn't like cash and prefers store credit. TM is going to charge you fees per show no matter and it's not about being greedy. TM is not making a shit load of money despite what people think. and there is competition out there so really people shouldn't complain about losing $3.50 per ticket in fees if a show gets canceled. those are processing fees...TM is not going to donate their service nor should they.

i only lost $3.50 per ticket in fees for the MSG show. that's nothing.

me being sick of you complaining about the post msg logistics doesn't mean i won't read and respond. so really this means nothing.

i have no problem with you not going to another morrissey show and not trusting him...i too am willing to criticize morrissey and i practically started the theory that morrissey canceled because he couldn't sell enough tickets. and i still feel that way. But at least my ideas are logical.

You don't have to "get" my opinion/choice. But don't chastize me for it either. Again if you don't like or "get" me, don't read my posts. If you're going to, that's fine this a public discussion forum with different people with different opinions and ideas. I'm not going around this board lambasting other people for wanting to continue to go to his concerts.Great for them! He puts on an amazing show. I'm glad also they have the money to go to so many shows.

I am NOT the only person in the world who would prefer store credit. If I was, why would that option even EXIST? They do it at dept. stores, various other types of retail stores, etc. I never "understood" why people used to buy things on layaway either but once upon a time they had that too and I never questioned people who preferred that option! I still prefer to write checks then to pay my bills online. That's just the way I roll, I do things differently than most people. Is that a crime?

People have different ways of going about things. Whether it's logical or illogical is a matter of opinion. So hence you have your opinion that your idea is logical and I have mine. But the difference is I'm not bashing you for it! I could care less what you choose to do, that's why it AMAZES me how angry you're getting at me because I have a different opinion than you. To quote Mr. Moz "It's truly laughable". Particularly someone you don't know, never will meet and on a public forum for god's sake. Get over it!

You don't have to "get" my opinion/choice. But don't chastize me for it either. Again if you don't like or "get" me, don't read my posts. If you're going to, that's fine this a public discussion forum with different people with different opinions and ideas. I'm not going around this board lambasting other people for wanting to continue to go to his concerts.Great for them! He puts on an amazing show. I'm glad also they have the money to go to so many shows.

I am NOT the only person in the world who would prefer store credit. If I was, why would that option even EXIST? They do it at dept. stores, various other types of retail stores, etc. I never "understood" why people used to buy things on layaway either but once upon a time they had that too and I never questioned people who preferred that option! I still prefer to write checks then to pay my bills online. That's just the way I roll, I do things differently than most people. Is that a crime?

People have different ways of going about things. Whether it's logical or illogical is a matter of opinion. So hence you have your opinion that your idea is logical and I have mine. But the difference is I'm not bashing you for it! I could care less what you choose to do, that's why it AMAZES me how angry you're getting at me because I have a different opinion than you. To quote Mr. Moz "It's truly laughable". Particularly someone you don't know, never will meet and on a public forum for god's sake. Get over it!

i'm not angry.

store credit exists because it helps the business make money. if a person gets store credit they are forced to come back and shop at that store (as opposed to going somewhere else with that money)...also, a lot of people with credit end up never using that money (or all of it). that's free money for the business. store credit was created for and is still used to benefit the business, not the consumer.

there's your short lesson on store credits. now do you see how ridiculous it is for a customer to actually want store credit. there is nothing beneficial about it. If i had my own business, i would want to have a "Store Credit Only" Policy as long as it doesn't keep customers away. but as a consumer, no thank you.

you should also say "no thank you" because there is absolutely nothing to benefit from it. Unless you are one of those people who don't understand personal finance and will be in debt forever.

you should thank me for this lesson in life.

Back
Top Bottom