Mephedrone

now if only you were as funny as chris morris.

How can I guarantee a pill is safe? I can't. But I've took hundreds. I'm still here. So are all my friends. And I don't think it's luck.

Fair point, and if drugs were legalised, people could take them in a more contained manner rather than in a hit and miss manner, and maybe you wouldn't be so encumbered by the idiotic ones.

Something you've posted here on this thread, sounds somewhat familiar......'Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless, I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice is leave well alone. Good luck.'

hey i thinks it's time to 'light'upvirginmary.

I like the way the program satirised the tabloids and mocked people like you in relation to drugs.

Hmmmm, I don't know how you can call a pharmaceutical drug as the dirtiest drug ever. That argument doesn't hold water for me. I think everyone knows that meth is the dirtiest drug ever. One only has to look at the ingredients to come to that conclusion.

Because everyone know's that because a pharmaceutical company makes it, it must be great? Even the people I know who are into it always warn other people off it. I know of more people (friends of friends etc) who have died from K overdoses than any other drug. And been at a party where one of my friends had to hold my other friends tongue together after he bit through it on K.

Then there's a whole subtext to it, in relation to the effect it had on the political rave scene, the squatting scene, the anti-globalisation movement, etc. It's common knowledge with anyone involved in radical politics in the UK that the police love K to be on the streets, cos it makes people apathetic zombies.

I'm not saying that nobody should be allowed to take it, or that it has a terrible effect on everyone who does. But, I do think it's one of the most horrible drugs around.

I'm not sure you can ever take drugs 'responsibly'.
But for me, it's worth the risk.

Because everyone know's that because a pharmaceutical company makes it, it must be great? Even the people I know who are into it always warn other people off it. I know of more people (friends of friends etc) who have died from K overdoses than any other drug. And been at a party where one of my friends had to hold my other friends tongue together after he bit through it on K.

Then there's a whole subtext to it, in relation to the effect it had on the political rave scene, the squatting scene, the anti-globalisation movement, etc. It's common knowledge with anyone involved in radical politics in the UK that the police love K to be on the streets, cos it makes people apathetic zombies.

I'm not saying that nobody should be allowed to take it, or that it has a terrible effect on everyone who does. But, I do think it's one of the most horrible drugs around.

So many questions...

Presumably everyone taking various drugs thinks the possibility of harm to them is minimal, or it's worth the risk, and maybe the percentages work in their favour, just like the Lottery doesn't work in your favour, but it still "could be you".

The more hedonistic and chaotic the lifestyle of those involved in Radical Politics is, the less likely they will be effective or taken seriously, regardless of the substance which is flavour of the month. That's what the Police like.
Isn't consuming alcohol, tobacco supporting the profits of large corporations?
Isn't consuming street drugs supporting the profits of organised crime, which expliots the peasant, the transporter, the consumer (by adulteration) and is also heavily involved in people traficking, prostitution and murdurous mayhem on the scale seen in Mexico recently?

So many questions...

Presumably everyone taking various drugs thinks the possibility of harm to them is minimal, or it's worth the risk, and maybe the percentages work in their favour, just like the Lottery doesn't work in your favour, but it still "could be you".

The more hedonistic and chaotic the lifestyle of those involved in Radical Politics is, the less likely they will be effective or taken seriously, regardless of the substance which is flavour of the month. That's what the Police like.
Isn't consuming street drugs supporting the profits of organised crime, which expliots the peasant, the transporter, the consumer (by adulteration) and is also heavily involved in people traficking, prostitution and murdurous mayhem on the scale seen in Mexico recently?

I'm not going to deny that drinking and smoking are also massive in the radical scene, and that drinking is a massive problem for it. But, here is my friend on why the WOMBLES split up: "Some people will say it's because of police repression. Some people say it's because the political climate changed after 9/11. But everyone knows the real reason the WOMBLES failed was ketamine." The amount of people in the radical scene who have just dropped out and aren't active anymore because of K is massive. I don't know a single person who's stopped being involved because of any other drug.

Yes, they both support the profits of large corporations, but so does virtually everything you buy. Capitalism is organised crime. Drinking coke is just as unethical as snorting it. And, there's lots of people who'd smash up a Nike shop, while wearing Nikes. Boycotts never have a significant effect on the market.

not always.

not always.

Yes, they both support the profits of large corporations, but so does virtually everything you buy. Capitalism is organised crime. Drinking coke is just as unethical as snorting it. And, there's lots of people who'd smash up a Nike shop, while wearing Nikes. Boycotts never have a significant effect on the market.

With many items it is difficult to avoid large corporations. I'm not saying never buy a brand name, because that is almost impossible. But you can choose not to drink coke or to snort it without a significant impact on your quality of life. You can also try to make an difference by buying local fruit and veg, from Farmer's markets, recycling clothing and domestic appliances, using Freecycle instead of dumping stuff...

Something you've posted here on this thread, sounds somewhat familiar......'Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless, I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice is leave well alone. Good luck.'

hey i thinks it's time to 'light'upvirginmary.

I like the way the program satirised the tabloids and mocked people like you in relation to drugs.

How does it mock people like me when I'm the one arguing against the moral panic?
I'm not middle-class, you munchkin, I've had to work hard to get where I am, so f*** you.

Fair point, and if drugs were legalised, people could take them in a more contained manner rather than in a hit and miss manner, and maybe you wouldn't be so encumbered by the idiotic ones.

Yes, I think this is probably accurate. I think for some users some of the allure perhaps lies in the illegality of most drugs.

What I know about drugs though (as in from personal, empirical experience) could probably be written on a pinhead, so I probably shouldn't wax knowledgeable about it too much.

Well i say what i think.Im not interested in illusions.

Movies and books can't be that much fun for you, then. :p

Last edited:

What a load of twaddle. Overdosing on ketamine alone is nigh on impossible. If you know of people ODing from ketamine then it's definitely because they are poly drug users.

Deaths by pure overdose (OD), i.e. in the absence of other drugs, especially alcohol, serious medical and surgical problems, or an idiosyncratic reaction (i.e. not dose related) are exceptionally rare. Of 87 ketamine-linked deaths in New York City, none was purely due to the use of ketamine (Gill & Stajic 2000). The Parke-Davis company have reported that there are cases of accidental injections with ten times the amount required for surgery, with no obvious, lasting effects (Parke-Davis 1999-2000). Of two known deaths by pure ketamine overdose, one was described as 'a homicide for homosexual ends' (Licata et al. 1994) and the other was a woman of 49, a New Age company owner, who took ketamine daily for 7 months. She believed that she had an Angel lover 'on the other side' who sent her messages (e.g. by forming clouds into heart shapes). One day she put on her finest clothes, lay down on her bed, and took a huge ketamine overdose so that she could 'join her angel lover'. At post-mortem, she weighed 6 stone and had a minimum of 600mg of ketamine per litre of blood (Jansen 2000).

Overdose (OD) is a relative term. A club 'bump' of ketamine would be a serious underdose for surgery. Some people consider any psychedelic drug use to be an OD as the mind is no longer within the usual limits of 'normal'. Those who take ketamine in clubs and can no longer walk are sometimes described as having 'collapsed' and 'overdosed' in the media. They may be rushed to hospital as 'emergencies', while patients in those same hospitals may be given doses ten times higher as an anaesthetic.

The thing with ketamine is that it's dangerous if used regularly over a long period of time. It can crystallise in the blood stream and cause severe complications, especially in the bladder. I only use it about 3/4 times a year and thoroughly enjoy it. It is definitely not a 'club' drug'. I find the best experiences from K is when taken indoors and preferably with someone who is sober.

Re: For your interest

You find Mozza220559's photo in Members Pics thread.

I'll need to see intimate genital photography and a doctors report before Ibelieve it. I've been fooled before. Couldn't walk straight for 4 days. :squiffy:

Re: For your interest

I'll need to see intimate genital photography and a doctors report before I believe it. I've been fooled before. Couldn't walk straight for 4 days. :squiffy:

:mock:

Hope someone will keep fooling you.

I haven't met Mozza220559, but believe she's 100% woman (I know her name) who can't help using foul language.

Tags
yum drugs
Back
Top Bottom