Mentions at EPIC, the Irish Emigration museum, Dublin

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Had a great visit to this museum today, and in one of the sections relating to musicians of Irish descent/Ancestry, were the following...

38gr9ii.jpg

IBlcs9l.jpg

Apologies if previously posted

You’re quite the diligent fan, aren’t you? Always on the lookout for anything Moz-related.

Does he? That's news to me, when has Morrissey ever said that he hates immigrants? Exact quotes please.
Maybe it's an absolute coincidence that he exhorted his followers to vote for an anti-immigrant 'party' who count Stephen Yaxley Lennon amongst their members. Maybe it's not the same bloke who said he noticed no English voices on the streets of Kensington and said the 'gates are flooded'. Maybe it's a coincidence that he called Farage a 'liberal educator'. Perhaps it's yet another coincidence he called Hitler left-wing. Perhaps all these things don't add up to the thing you want to defend. Sure, all these things don't add up to much, do they?

Also, my wholesome apologies for posting something that folk here might find interesting. What WAS I thinking?

Last edited:
Maybe it's an absolute coincidence that he exhorted his followers to vote for an anti-immigrant 'party' who count Stephen Yaxley Lennon amongst their members. Maybe it's not the same bloke who said he noticed no English voices on the streets of Kensington and said the 'gates are flooded'. Maybe it's a coincidence that he called Farage a 'liberal educator'. Perhaps it's yet another coincidence he called Hitler left-wing. Perhaps all these things don't add up to the thing you want to defend. Sure, all these things don't add up to much, do they?

Also, my wholesome apologies for posting something that folk here might find interesting. What WAS I thinking?
In other words, you have no explicit anti-immigration quotes from Morrissey, just the usual stream of bs. Cool, didn't think so.

Also, I didn't actually say anything about your post but apology accepted, I guess. I must ask, though, are you okay? You don't seem very happy or well.

Peter, you seem to pride yourself on your supposed vast intellect, but for someone so 'clever', you seem to be very, very stupid.

If you cannot see why this post provokes ridicule and scorn then you are beyond help.

Had a great visit to this museum today, and in one of the sections relating to musicians of Irish descent/Ancestry, were the following...

38gr9ii.jpg

IBlcs9l.jpg

Apologies if previously posted
Yes, It's a well-known troop that all the best Irish singers are English and vic versa
The truth is somewhere in between.
The Irish community in the UK is MASSIVE, we are all one really. It's not like being Irish/American.
The brits and Irish and been mixing DNA for 100s upon 100s of years. To me I think the reason for so many irish /english musical people of note, is -
A Because most of us have some Irish in us B. Pop music was a working-class game, lots of Irish immigrants are/were working class
There will be other things people suggest but i think these are the main reasons

They don't add up.

The party is run by an immigrant. He hasn't mentioned them for three years. 🙄

Tim Jonze rehashed the homophobic 1992 article - Morrissey didn't say anything against immigrants.

He also mentioned George Galloway in the same sentence.

Behold:

20220509_232656.jpg

Back
Top Bottom