Mensi of the Angelic Upstarts has passed away

Sad news, expect a central eulogy soon

Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Mensi was a lifelong anti fascist and opponent of racism. He loathed Tommy Robinson and had no time for anyone with any respect for him. He described Morrissey as “complex” but that was before his open support for the far right and expressing sympathy for Robinson.

full

Img_2021_12_11_10_38_04.jpeg

RIP.
FWD.

Mensi was a lifelong anti fascist and opponent of racism. He loathed Tommy Robinson and had no time for anyone with any respect for him. He described Morrissey as “complex” but that was before his open support for the far right and expressing sympathy for Robinson.

Brief, unwitting, support.

I despise racism.
I despise fascism.

Sad news, expect a central eulogy soon

It was covid related, sad. Too bad he wasn’t healthier to fight it, like so many have.

Wasn’t familiar with their work until I heard above song on Morrissey’s pre-show tape, what a great song.

Why the political assumption statement?... at a time of heartbreak for a lot of fans,
who loved the Angelics, their music and ultimately the man himself.

I hope im right but i doubt most people incl; myself, are bothered about who you deem to be loathed by Mensi.

R,I.P - Mensi.

45c4812525d0b3a29b31874d5ced9e48--s-punk-power-pop.jpg

Why the political assumption statement?... at a time of heartbreak for a lot of fans,
who loved the Angelics, their music and ultimately the man himself.

I hope im right but i doubt most people incl; myself, are bothered about who you deem to be loathed by Mensi.

R,I.P - Mensi.

View attachment 78216

If anyone loved, or knew anything about the man himself then they would know that his politics were extremely important to him. He was certainly “bothered”. Even a pedestrian glance at his Twitter bio would confirm this to be the case.

This was f***ing tragic. Goddamn this bullshit virus. I hate it with all my being. The Upstarts are, thanks to M, one of my favorite punk bands. Put on ‘England’, ‘Jimmy’ or ‘Last Night Another Soldier’ and I BEAM.

God bless you, Mensi.

Mensi was a committed, lifelong anti-fascist, right till the very end, where his last message was that he hated nazis. I very much doubt he would be a fan of the person Morrissey has become.

Mensi was a committed, lifelong anti-fascist, right till the very end, where his last message was that he hated nazis. I very much doubt he would be a fan of the person Morrissey has become.

He might have believed the lies - but there's nothing wrong with Morrissey. So he should have been a fan & hopefully was.

RIP Mensi. I own three records by the Upstarts and was very taken with their raw sound. Any concerts in Germany were always under the fear of the right wing marching up and were also cancelled. As I understand it, right-wing radicals tried to capture the band because of their Oi roots. We don't have to have a fundamental discussion about the origin of the skinhead movement and the relation to the working class, but it is amazing how hard Mensi himself had to fight against these attempts of capture all his life.

He might have believed the lies - but there's nothing wrong with Morrissey. So he should have been a fan & hopefully was.
Take the blinkers off. Morrissey asked his UK fans to vote for the Far Right. That’s a fact. He did it. Unforgivable. He went from telling people not to bother voting at all, to then tell them to vote “For Britain“

Mensi was extremely vocal in being the absolute opposite in his opinions. You‘re comments are not only ill-informed, but disrespectful to the man he was.

Take the blinkers off. Morrissey asked his UK fans to vote for the Far Right. That’s a fact. He did it. Unforgivable. He went from telling people not to bother voting at all, to then tell them to vote “For Britain“

Mensi was extremely vocal in being the absolute opposite in his opinions. You‘re comments are not only ill-informed, but disrespectful to the man he was.

I hope Mensi was more serious about politics than a shit-stirring creep like you.

Morrissey did not ask his fans to vote for the far right.

He did not believe they were far right.

He asked people to think about it.

And he has moved on.

It's not unforgivable.

You are promoting the far right here & now like a f***ing groyper. Which is despicable.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom