Mendoza - M Arena (Feb. 28, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Irish Blood, English Heart / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Will See You In Far Off Places / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Black Cloud / Meat Is Murder / Scandinavia / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / How Soon Is Now? // Still Ill

set list provided by mozinsanity (photo of set list posted by Ana Villarruel in the Typical Me Facebook page. Link posted by Alex_Smith).

Last edited:
You spell 'gem' with a soft G, not a J (are you American?)

Who in the hell are most of you people? I have been following this site since it began... always a lurker, I guess... mostly too damned busy to bother posting. I have enjoyed downloading many of the rare jems some of you have been kind enough to post. I have enjoyed reading the various bits of information others have offered regarding Morrissey's career.... and I have enjoyed some of the banter between fans. Of course, as a result of lurking for some many years, I have come to know a few of the "names" of posters as well. I really have no idea what in the hell I am reading here. A few people are posting information about the show... others are debating the merits of the Morrisseysworld web site and the blog and the twitter... I don't really understand any of this. I am intrigued by what your lives must be like... Do you really have this much time on your hands? I mean, I think the impact that Morrissey has had on my life is probably unhealthy... but to read the venom with which many of you hate each other in his name is eye opening... have you looked at the photos of this man with those couple of fans in Argentina from earlier in this thread? He does appear to be human... and he is aging as we humans do. I absolutely appreciate the passion he has inspired, but I can not believe it has manifested itself in this fashion. Let him sing... let him have his band wear the silly shirts... or pose nude on his 7" single... wow. I think I am really understanding why he hates this site. Not sure I get his animosity towards David T. I used to buy every copy of SYL I could get my hands on. But I completely understand his hatred towards this site. I think what this site has become is no reflection on its creator... we created god in our own image after all... anyway, I suppose the world has devolved to such a state that we must preoccupy ourselves with something more menial to be angry about. So, with that being said, carry on... I'll keep lurking and being silently amused and angry and bored... and downloading the nice jewels that you generous sorts post... and thanks for this site David. I still think Morrissey shot the messenger on that one...

*gems

Who in the hell are most of you people? I have been following this site since it began... always a lurker, I guess... mostly too damned busy to bother posting. I have enjoyed downloading many of the rare jems some of you have been kind enough to post. I have enjoyed reading the various bits of information others have offered regarding Morrissey's career.... and I have enjoyed some of the banter between fans. Of course, as a result of lurking for some many years, I have come to know a few of the "names" of posters as well. I really have no idea what in the hell I am reading here. A few people are posting information about the show... others are debating the merits of the Morrisseysworld web site and the blog and the twitter... I don't really understand any of this. I am intrigued by what your lives must be like... Do you really have this much time on your hands? I mean, I think the impact that Morrissey has had on my life is probably unhealthy... but to read the venom with which many of you hate each other in his name is eye opening... have you looked at the photos of this man with those couple of fans in Argentina from earlier in this thread? He does appear to be human... and he is aging as we humans do. I absolutely appreciate the passion he has inspired, but I can not believe it has manifested itself in this fashion. Let him sing... let him have his band wear the silly shirts... or pose nude on his 7" single... wow. I think I am really understanding why he hates this site. Not sure I get his animosity towards David T. I used to buy every copy of SYL I could get my hands on. But I completely understand his hatred towards this site. I think what this site has become is no reflection on its creator... we created god in our own image after all... anyway, I suppose the world has devolved to such a state that we must preoccupy ourselves with something more menial to be angry about. So, with that being said, carry on... I'll keep lurking and being silently amused and angry and bored... and downloading the nice jewels that you generous sorts post... and thanks for this site David. I still think Morrissey shot the messenger on that one...

'Assad is Shit'

Morrissey is using stage T-shirts instead of Twitter!

He'd be great on Twitter. Brief, gnomic utterances, wisecracks and putdowns. Of course he'd follow no one even as he'd have a million following him.

Can't wait for the autobiography/hagiography.

There is a McDonald's advert at the bottom of my page...

i must say that maybe assad is s..., but the terrorists who are killing the christians in syria and call themselve people are more s...,
i was in syria and i think moz wasn`t, so great morrissey, where do you get your info? better assad than these jihad warriors who wan`t an islamic state....people are the same.....

He is indeed great on Twitter - lots of brief gnomic utterances, wisecracks and putdowns. The millions just haven't discoverd it yet.
No, he's not, because he doesn't post anywhere. Fake accounts maintained by impersonators are just that, fake accounts.

The fact is you sell Pizza Hut ads in Morrissey's name. You're the troll. He doesn't want this site and yet here it is. You know who I am, too. I'm not banned and I'm not trolling. I'm reacting to your moderator talking about trolls and fake sites. I'm making a legitimate reply to a post by your moderator.

You think you can invalidate the truth by calling me a troll? That's a nice attempt to change the subject but you should stick to calling people trolls on the forums after you ban them, so they can't reply. The fact is, you allow people to flatter you by telling you how you saved Morrissey's career, and if you have ever offered a humble, "You're giving me too much credit," I never saw it.

Now, in this thread, we had a suspect post that was followed up by your moderator blowing his cool and acting like a child, as he does from time to time, and the whole subject changed THEN. Not with my reply. I'm the same person that posted "thanks" right above to the person who posted the translated interview. That was before I saw Uncle Skinny's little meltdown.

The idea of him tweeting to warn someone about an imposter *gasp!* to a person who wore a shirt saying "f*** Morrissey-Solo" is laughable and if you don't get the joke it's because it's on you. It's pretty clear that you don't run the site for Morrissey.

But hey, you get a 1/10 of a cent when someone watches a Pizza Hut ad to post here so I guess you have your reasons.

Stay classy!

Hi Dave *waves* :)

Truth is he is a bitter old twisted man who won't grow old with grace.
I predict he will make a right idiot of himself in his later years and don't forget it was me who told you so

Tony, did the horse Pony foot you in the head - again?
He is not old, He is pure grace, in later years He will Be, and you will be not, as usual.

we'll let you know

Truth is he is a bitter old twisted man who won't grow old with grace.
I predict he will make a right idiot of himself in his later years and don't forget it was me who told you so

He "will"? Mate, he's been making a prick out of himself for at least eight years. He becomes more embarrassing with the passage of time. Hypocrisy is now a matter of routine for him and he can no longer write anything of interest or merit.

Of course, if you're an untouched, socially awkward teenage girl, he seems like a kind of sexy uncle figure, about whom you harbour kinky fantasies, but that's not really the same thing.

'Assad is Shit'

Morrissey is using stage T-shirts instead of Twitter!

He'd be great on Twitter. Brief, gnomic utterances, wisecracks and putdowns. Of course he'd follow no one even as he'd have a million following him.

Can't wait for the autobiography/hagiography.

You probably haven't even looked at MorrisseysWorld. Here's the thing - Morrissey is boring these days. He's bitter and not very witty. MorrisseysWorld is actually better than Morrissey would be with his whining and self-congratulation.

MorrisseysWorld is brief wth gnomic utterances, wisecracks and putdowns. You wouldn't know because you haven't look.

Have a look:

Friday, 4 November 2011
Our Mozzer's hand-picked top 25 Twitticisms

MorrisseysWorld on twitter has been described as 'Almost as good as having Oscar Wilde with us - with loads of free time on his hands and a broadband connection courtesy of those kind DSS people.' Love him or loathe him, Our Mozzer has changed the face of twitter - possibly for ever - but sadly the press haven't noticed this yet; it's very much a Velvet Underground moment: his account should be globally famous but nobody has heard of it. Will he have more followers than Justin Bieber by 2030?

From dreary, self-absorbed 'celebs' telling you what they had for breakfast, how tired they are, and where you can buy, buy, buy their latest perfume - to Our Mozzer's gritty realism, dazzling ironic wit and glumly romantic social commentary. Will twitter ever be the same again? How long will it be before the twitter world finally realises there is a genius in their midst?

These are Our Mozzer's hand-picked top 25 twitticisms from his first few weeks on twitter:

1 The only thing to be in 1983 was handsome. The only thing to be in 2011 is retweetable.
2 It seems to me that love is the act of putting up with someone whom you no longer find interesting and hatred is what inevitably follows.
3 To be successful one has to delude oneself just sufficiently to feel one is terribly important; thence the delusion becomes the reality.
4 Each morning I'm an optimist, and by the evening I'm a realist once again.
5 Socrates wrote "The unexamined life is not worth living." Had he heard one of my records he might well have disagreed.
6 If Elton ever gets round to making his biopic, they should double it up as a Persil ad. One endless round of dirty laundry washed in public.
7 Cynicism is the principal flaw of the cruel, and the greatest virtue of the kind-hearted.
8 Being 52 I probably have fewer brain cells than most of you – but they’re better organised, and the loneliness is driving them to greatness.
9 Life is just like Morrissey: the less you understand of it, the easier it is to love.
10 When I'm kind, I'm called dull; when I'm dull, I'm called awkward; when I'm playful I'm called cruel; and when I'm cruel I'm called witty
11 Did I ruin your life? Did I render you hopelessly dependent on doom-laden pop music? Then it's just as well I'm here!
12 The Smiths remain a curiosity: the content have no need for them, and the malcontents only become more malcontented.
13 I’d rather have syphilis than Morrissey-solow. At least syphilis goes away for about twenty years.
14 The more sex you have, the less it means. In the end you may as well have been Morrissey as Boy George.
15 The American Dream consists of imagining one can be anything at all, while accepting that one is absolutely nothing.
16 If Madonna were a fast food chain, she'd be McDonalds: tasteless meat on display; regrettable style; people keep popping in to use the loo.
17 I am 50% sincerity, 50% insincerity and 50% mistaken.
18 All great poetry is just one word away from an Elton John lyric.
19 Having spent the past two years sitting next to Cheryl Cole, Simon Cowell may well consider Hell a lucky escape.
20 Close your eyes and try to imagine how dangerous Chesney Hawkes would have been if he had had a CAREER. Then switch off the X Factor.
21 If you're not having enough sex, you can think of nothing else. And if you are having enough, you are probably having too much.
22 I could sing like a constipated rodent with a clothes peg on its nose and bleat witlessly over breakbeats but what would Thom Yorke do then?
23 Idealists know the value of everything and the price only of their own dreaminess.
24 I would love to say I've been horribly misunderstood, but I don't understand myself well enough to know
25 Upon death, I shall sigh softly and whisper, ‘No more need to worry anymore. There are no Brit Awards Ceremonies in Hell. - Are there?”

MorrisseysWorld: @Lizzycat4 The British press laud mediocrity and persecute talent, as Oscar Wilde discovered to his very great cost.
MorrisseysWorld: Politics is a wonderful career if you're bored and jobless with no principles left to sell.
MorrisseysWorld: The written word and the singing voice protect me from the ritual humiliation of attempting to speak and listen for the rest of my life.
MorrisseysWorld: @MorrisseysWorld I'm glad ur there, twat (Retweeted by Morrissey)
MorrisseysWorld: I'm having tea and toast with marmite and butter. Do you think I might get more followers if I discuss my basic bodily functions?
MorrisseysWorld: @AIRRAID25 @Lizzycat4 What are my chances of a rose in South America? What are Iran's chances of avoiding an invasion? (In reply to Emotional Air Raid)
MorrisseysWorld: @Purplephlebas Late frost imminent.
In reply to Matt winter
@MorrisseysWorld cheer up son. Daffs nearly out (Retweeted by Morrissey from Matt Winter)
MorrisseysWorld: Honesty is the least fashionable thing there is - except for the latest fashion.
Rutger‏@EcubyanPoet:mad:MorrisseysWorld The most fashionable style is honesty. One's heart makes for an attractive cufflink.
Retweeted by Morrissey
MorrisseysWorld: My fingernails collect the world’s problems, My forehead is heavy as oak, I sigh and I cry, and I see your face is old and grey.
MorrisseysWorld: I'm absolutely incredible until you get to know me - in which case you find I'm 85% water and 15% human waste.

... let's face it Morrissey wouldn't be that witty these days, judging by his interviews/prose

troll

I like Uncleskinny, but I wish he'd calm down a bit!

If someone's sad enough to pretend to be other people on the internet, then I for one pity them.

I know what you mean. For example, Uncleskinny pretends to be a happy, normal guy on the internet, when in reality he's a lonely old carcass who spends his every waking moment taking Smiths quizzes on Twitter, staring at vBulletin, etc. Also, a f***ing drunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not banned and I'm not trolling.

Yes, you were banned, Dave. You simply talked DavidT into deleting your account instead of doing it the usual way. You were banned for stalking people on your troll site.

Then you made a post on AYNIM completely lying about what happened. You were always a lying sack of shit and you always wil be.

Stay classy yourself.

[personal information removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
MorrisseysWorld: @Lizzycat4 The British press laud mediocrity and persecute talent, as Oscar Wilde discovered to his very great cost.
MorrisseysWorld: Politics is a wonderful career if you're bored and jobless with no principles left to sell.
MorrisseysWorld: The written word and the singing voice protect me from the ritual humiliation of attempting to speak and listen for the rest of my life.
MorrisseysWorld: @MorrisseysWorld I'm glad ur there, twat (Retweeted by Morrissey)
MorrisseysWorld: I'm having tea and toast with marmite and butter. Do you think I might get more followers if I discuss my basic bodily functions?
MorrisseysWorld: @AIRRAID25 @Lizzycat4 What are my chances of a rose in South America? What are Iran's chances of avoiding an invasion? (In reply to Emotional Air Raid)
MorrisseysWorld: @Purplephlebas Late frost imminent.
In reply to Matt winter
@MorrisseysWorld cheer up son. Daffs nearly out (Retweeted by Morrissey from Matt Winter)
MorrisseysWorld: Honesty is the least fashionable thing there is - except for the latest fashion.
Rutger‏@EcubyanPoet:mad:MorrisseysWorld The most fashionable style is honesty. One's heart makes for an attractive cufflink.
Retweeted by Morrissey
MorrisseysWorld: My fingernails collect the world’s problems, My forehead is heavy as oak, I sigh and I cry, and I see your face is old and grey.
MorrisseysWorld: I'm absolutely incredible until you get to know me - in which case you find I'm 85% water and 15% human waste.

... let's face it Morrissey wouldn't be that witty these days, judging by his interviews/prose

You are fairly possessed with MorrisseysWorld wit and subtlety. Good for you, son. Fancy a blue rose on your blazer?

we'll let you know

You are fairly possessed with MorrisseysWorld wit and subtlety. Good for you, son. Fancy a blue rose on your blazer?

we'll let you know

I think, this geek "We'll Let You Know" is crucial part of MorrisseysWorld hoax!

I think I'll start become a Rolling Stones addict, rumours are they will play at the opening festival for the London Olymics

at that time Morrissey is on vacation in the Philipines and Hawai, and get paid for an hour of songs he sings almost over a year

I struggled through your advertisement for your site.
Having done so, I cannot imagine anyone would risk further brain damage by visiting your pastiche site.

Kindly refrain from any further communication with me.
I am very sensitive to environmental pollution.

Your scribblings are a triple catastrophe of Fukushima-esque proportions.
How tragic you are to delude yourself that you have a talent with words.
You will only recruit the similarly deluded.

Brummie Boy

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom