Members Pics

nice to see i'm not the only one who thinks the Kewpie-bashing is over the top and sad.

Meh. Nobody's going to listen to what I say, but they should. Thanks for the comment.

First off, congratulations on your new record deal. :D

Secondly, in appreciation of Kewpie, I'd like to relay a tiny story which might shed some light as to how difficult the position she's in might be.

We all have fun here. She on the otherhand doesn't scan the threads for entertainment, she's looking to make sure it's running smoothly, so she's in a certain mindset. I once managed a Starbucks in a bookstore. Our biggest problem was what is referred to in the food industry in America as "roosters." People who buy a cup of coffee and nurse it for three hours. The biggest offenders were students from the local small town university who hasd a false sense of entitlement because most of what they need was handed to them, so they'd push the tables together and have a group of 8 people justify that they purchased their right to sit in the cafe because they bought two frapuccinos an hour ago. It was my job to be the asshole and kick them out, and frequently, they were fellow classmates or regulars I enjoyed the company of. But watching paying customers fork over $12 for a slice of cheesecake and a latte lean against the trashcan to eat it because students were too selfish to see beyond their immediate needs, it forces you to have to bring order and lay down the law. That's what she does. It seems cold when she posts links to old threads on the topic of new questions, but she's being a moderator, she's not in jovial mode, she's in business mode. I mean I can't speak for her directly, but it seems the "Kewpie Hate" is so out of line and childish, it makes me want to kick you out of the cafe. Have some empathy for what she does, not what you expect her to be. THis isn't directed at you mcrick, I happen to like you and know you're just riding on the coat tails of a quasi-scandal with your joke, but lay off Kewpie, she runs a tight ship we should feel priveledged to be aboard.

Does she get paid for this? No. She has no "job" here other than to make sure she is always right. Anyone who disagrees gets banned. Plain and simple. The concept of free and open speech is foreign to her.

Last edited:
Does she get paid for this? No. She has no "job" here other than to make sure she is always right. Anyone who disagrees gets banned. Plain and simple. The concept of free and open speech is foreign to her.

That's a very knowledgeable post from someone with only 20 posts...have we met before? Perhaps you introduced yourself under a different name?

Ahh, but YOU took the time to listen to it :D I never said I wasn't successful. :)

I just listened to the music on your myspace as a result of this post.

It's not my type of music, to be honest. But that isn't to say it's bad. It held my interest.

I'm honestly not trying to take the piss here, but do you know what your music reminds me of? The music that plays in the background of an arty film when the main character has some sort of psychotic moment. It sounds (to me, and I'm not taking the piss) like the music of a breakdown. That's meant to be a compliment, even though it may not sound like one!

Do you write the music as well or just the lyrics?

It's not my type of music, to be honest. But that isn't to say it's bad. It held my interest.

I'm honestly not trying to take the piss here, but do you know what your music reminds me of? The music that plays in the background of an arty film when the main character has some sort of psychotic moment. It sounds (to me, and I'm not taking the piss) like the music of a breakdown. That's meant to be a compliment, even though it may not sound like one!

Your signature link is not available in my country due to copyright restrictions. Or so it tells me.

:)
Thank you for listening.
And actually, I do take that as a very esteemed compliment. It's actually been suggested before that I take upon myself a film soundtrack, but I'm still not sure whether or not it's something I'd want to get involved with. But I would agree, the music is very mad :D

I write and perform everything you hear on each track, except, obviously, the occasional film and field samples.

:)
Thank you for listening.
And actually, I do take that as a very esteemed compliment. It's actually been suggested before that I take upon myself a film soundtrack, but I'm still not sure whether or not it's something I'd want to get involved with. But I would agree, the music is very mad :D

I write and perform everything you hear on each track, except, obviously, the occasional film and field samples.

I wouldn't say "mad" as that has negative connotations. It's thought provoking, because it forces you to listen. I listened to all the songs because the music interested me in some way. Bits of it remind me of dozens of bands.

Did you like Sweetie Pie? I imagine, from what I've heard of your work, you did.

I wouldn't say "mad" as that has negative connotations. It's thought provoking, because it forces you to listen. I listened to all the songs because the music interested me in some way. Bits of it remind me of dozens of bands.

Did you like Sweetie Pie? I imagine, from what I've heard of your work, you did.

Well it brings joy to my heart if I can waste even a little bit of someone's time :D

Thank you again for your kind words.

I do like "Sweetie Pie," yes :) One of the ones who liked it from the very beginning, against all odds. Though, I'm not a fan of Kristeen Young; I do think the version could have benefitted from her exclusion. But that's just me :guitar:

Well it brings joy to my heart if I can waste even a little bit of someone's time :D

Thank you again for your kind words.

I do like "Sweetie Pie," yes :) One of the ones who liked it from the very beginning, against all odds. Though, I'm not a fan of Kristeen Young; I do think the version could have benefitted from her exclusion. But that's just me :guitar:

Just took a listen. Good stuff!

Immediately reminded me of Brian Eno and David Byrne!
hopefully you take that as a compliment!

Just took a listen. Good stuff!

Immediately reminded me of Brian Eno and David Byrne!
hopefully you take that as a compliment!

A take any listen as a compliment, whether the listener likes it or not, because it means that they took time out of their day to consider me, no matter how brief :)

It's just an added bonus if someone decides they like it :) I thank you.

It's rather curious -- I'm always compared to bands/artists that I don't listen to. Whether or not that's a good thing is immaterial really, as long as people are kind enough to listen. :guitar: :D Thanks again.

Tags
*ga23 lose *the chin thing babes! ban benandrus beards r cool cute people piss me off dazzak <3 dazzak come home ebola>>>robby flattery&that fuck me good the bad and the ugly im a abused tag immodesty=ugly no flirting tnx showusyourrack skinner is hot stfusuperhans ydw nekkid pics
Back
Top Bottom