Melbourne - Festival Hall (Dec. 19, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Still Ill / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / November Spawned A Monster / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by M-in-Oz.

• Slightly greyer, but Morrissey still the most loved, review by Michael Dwyer - The Sydney Morning Herald. Link posted by M-in-Oz .
  • Gallery:Morrissey, Festival Hall, December 19 (Photos by Ian Laidlaw, 33 total) - Everguide. Link posted by M-in-Oz.
  • Morrissey - 19th Dec 2012 @ Festival Hall (Photos by CarbieWarbie Photography, 75 total) - Tone Deaf. Link posted by M-in-Oz.

morrisseytd073.jpg

morrisseytd068.jpg

morrisseytd022.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Abby B's gettin' her bike cleaned for a year. :cool:

Re: Article: Melbourne - Vector Arena (Dec. 19, 2012) post-show

Shocking !!!!!!! These muppets should be banned from playing all Smiths songs !!!!!Stop it now boys you are recking my formative years.
Morrissey what are you doing this is A1 Desperate now.
It's time to knock it on the head Steven

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show he sounds better than ever. The crowd were a bit boring and just stood around waiting for something to happen. It's happening people!! When moz handed to mic into the crowd I wish someone would have just acknowledged the fact that boz was in a sling and maybe say some kind words towards him. He's a legend!! Fantastic show amazing night. I was in the "tug of war" for a bit. The girl that got it in the end didn't deserve it.

Sensational night! Could have done without the meat is murder doco, still loved it though.

Swords?????? Can I have a refund Morrissey £9:99 what a load a shiz

I'm sorry! It bugged me all night though, for what it's worth, and I knew it had a grim context, that's all I could recall. Um, played the Dodger in the musical at school, me, so read the book a few times. That scene scared the hell out of me as a kid ... Meanwhile, I don't even have a bike.

Shocking !!!!!!! These muppets should be banned from playing all Smiths songs !!!!!Stop it now boys you are recking my formative years.
Morrissey what are you doing this is A1 Desperate now.
It's time to knock it on the head Steven

It's "wrecking." With a w. And nobody gives a shit about the 80s or how many pimples you popped to This Charming Man.

Great show he sounds better than ever. The crowd were a bit boring and just stood around waiting for something to happen. It's happening people!! When moz handed to mic into the crowd I wish someone would have just acknowledged the fact that boz was in a sling and maybe say some kind words towards him. He's a legend!! Fantastic show amazing night. I was in the "tug of war" for a bit. The girl that got it in the end didn't deserve it.

The 10 minute Meat is Murder snooze fest puts everyone to sleep. I've see it happen half a dozen times. Last night was no different.

Does anyone know what the spoken word song was that was played as the intro before they came on?

Did anyone buy any of the badges? The merch stall ran out of them super quick last night and I didn't get to see them. What was on them?
Festival Hall is an awful venue for Mozz. The atmosphere was very much ZERO. Morrissey needs to play smaller venues that can be filled with only people who love him, not by random with their bored girlfriends.

Does anyone know what the spoken word song was that was played as the intro before they came on?

The Imperfect List

adolf hitler. the dentist. terry & june. f***ing bastard thatcher. scouse impersonator. silly pathetic girlies. silly pathetic woman. macho dickhead. bonnie langford. neighbours. lost keys. phoney friend. ungrateful accusing mate. the royalfamily. stock aitken & waterman. smiling judas. heartbreaking lying friend. myra hindley. acid rain. stinking rich female in furs. disloyal lover. wife & child beater. drunken abuser. racist. bully. the sun newspaper. aids inventor. leon brittan. all nonsense. massive massive oilslick. jimmy tarbuck. loneliness. cancer. hunger. greed. gut wrenching disappointment. evil gossiping fashion bastard. tasteless a&r wanker. hard cold fish. overdraft like a mountain. the jimmy swaggart show. the tory invention of the non-working class. poll tax. commie bashers. mister jesse helms. hillsborough. weird british judges. apartheid. john lennon's murder. anyone's murder. the breakdown of the nhs. the death of the rain forest. heysel stadium. rednecks. rape. homelessness. the all-american way. clause 28. tiananmen square. sexual harrassment. nelson mandela's imprisonment. nancy's term. ronnie's term. miscarriage. where were you?

Last edited:
Wow that was a really, really good gig!
Got to the venue about 8pm and got a reasonably good spot on Boz's side of the stage. Kristeen Young was a bit disappointing; saw her support Moz in Dublin in 2006 where she was much better.. Really missed having her drummer.. It was pointless her even having a keyboard as she just mostly set it to auto and sang away from it to a very unresponsive crowd. Must have been daunting I'm it's own way I'd think.
Imperfect List right on 9pm, Morrissey's voice was the best I'd ever heard it. The sound was a bit crap being festival hall and all, but his voice stood out still. Very impressive set list too giving a great mix of the old and the new. I Know it's over was just stunning... The way he sung the outro was pure perfection. Speedway, Please Please Please..., November and Youngest I thought were the stand outs. LMKY and Paris were probably the "worst" songs.
I don't think the impact he wanted from the Meet Your Meat video was really felt as it was hard to actually see what was going on. The vegetarians were out in force last night, the girl infront of me barely moved all night until that song then she lost her shit and then went back to being a statue afterwards. She was a bit strange, when Moz was handing the mic out and someone got it and said something about vegan I didn't hear it properly (neither did Moz as he asked what she said) but I made a comment to my friend about what I thought it was when this 2 foot 3 girl infront of me turned to me and basically screamed "SHE SAID VEGAN!!" Calm down lady!

More crowd shenanigans happened when Still Ill began a guy came barging through shoving people out of the way to try and get to the front cos he had flowers... I reminded him it wasn't 1983, but he did worse when he shoved this big biker looking dude.. Biker guy had a real go at him but then to flower man's credit he just handed the Biker a flower and the situation just completely resolved lol Biker guy was basically out of moves.
The first shirt that went out caused a big scuffle with security kicking 2 people out (although I didn't see this, my friend that's nearly 7 foot got a birds eye view). The stage invaders weren't many but they got a big cheer when they hugged Moz and security helped them back down gently, nice to see.

Moz wasn't as chatty as when I've seen him before, the "do you know who said this quote" bit was quite funny, prompted a lot of guesses, I said "Tony Abbott" but I heard "Notorious BIG" and "Harold Bishop" directly around me.

But yeah, still gathering thoughts for a proper review but the music, the voice, everything just hit me and it made me realise that even though I don't agree with a great portion of what the man says, even though his newer material isn't as strong as years gone by... He's still my absolute favourite musical artist ever. I just FELT something at that gig I haven't felt in a long, long time at gigs and I see 30-odd gigs a year and seen some incredible acts. None of them made me feel this way when you sing along to every single word. The sad part is now its over, will I ever see him again? In Australia it's very unlikely, maybe elsewhere circumstance and timing dictates. The crowd were a little flatter than I'd have hoped. They ate up The Smiths stuff and early solo songs, some strong voices during certain portions.
The band were great, sound was iffy due to venue, but they were still good. Box was hilarious when he'd come walking up to the front of the stage, arm in sling and just stare at the crowd coldly for ages then toss a bunch of picks out and flash a quick smile.. He did that a couple of times. His arm in a sling didn't effect the sound, impressed he was able to modify how he plays (mostly using the guitar neck).

I planned to take a lot of video since I got this new Nokia phone with incredible camera, but the phone's battery is faulty and it drained so much before I even got in. I got into the arena with 15% left and needed some to get home still. So I got some quick clips which I'm compiling into a mini compilation , the sound is quite good so I'm a bit upset I couldn't take more. Security were stopping people from filming early on in the first 3-4 songs, they ventured right into the crowd to stop people but soon after they gave up.

Abby you remembered quite a lot of specific detail, you weren't on Boz's side too taking notes during the show were you? There was a girl just infront of me who spent a great deal of time writing up quick notes!

Anyways, all in all it was just incredible. It exceeded my expectations.

Oh and who is the girl in the black and white striped top in the picture at the top of this page?? I think I'm in love! Damn she is gorgeous! :p

Proof, if it were needed, that he's just a nostalgia act now.

How?

Proof of being a nostalgia act would be casting aside principles, reforming The Smiths, and touring with them for the rest of his life, playing only Smiths songs while waving gladioli.

Not by simply singing a single a capella verse of Girl Afraid.

Grow up.

Really wish my battery wasn't on its death bed so I could have gotten complete songs. Also need to figure out the auto-focus as that was annoying at points, but decent sound, clips of I know its over, Please please please, November, Hooligan, Still Ill and To Give.

http://youtu.be/rx6T1CANxbw

Did anyone buy any of the badges? The merch stall ran out of them super quick last night and I didn't get to see them. What was on them?
Festival Hall is an awful venue for Mozz. The atmosphere was very much ZERO. Morrissey needs to play smaller venues that can be filled with only people who love him, not by random with their bored girlfriends.

Salford school of hard knocks ! Really ! Morrissey ? L M F A O That is so funny to anyone who lives here in Manchester/Salford really what would he know about it ? Him, Liam and Noel are like a bunch of scousers who
can't wait to leave Liverpool only to bang on a about how good Liverpool is for the rest of their lives. They're about as Mancunion as William Wallace. What a joke.

Sparks "Never turn your back on Mother Earth"
David Bowie "Gene Genie"
New York Dolls "Looking for a kiss"

That's all I saw except for the screaming woman cabaret thing - not sure who that was. Not Garland.

Yeah that screemie was SO annoying.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom