Melbourne - Festival Hall (Dec. 19, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Still Ill / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / November Spawned A Monster / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by M-in-Oz.

• Slightly greyer, but Morrissey still the most loved, review by Michael Dwyer - The Sydney Morning Herald. Link posted by M-in-Oz .
  • Gallery:Morrissey, Festival Hall, December 19 (Photos by Ian Laidlaw, 33 total) - Everguide. Link posted by M-in-Oz.
  • Morrissey - 19th Dec 2012 @ Festival Hall (Photos by CarbieWarbie Photography, 75 total) - Tone Deaf. Link posted by M-in-Oz.

morrisseytd073.jpg

morrisseytd068.jpg

morrisseytd022.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Melbourne - Vector Arena (Dec. 19, 2012) post-show

Same setlist as in Brisbane, I might be wrong, but it was even the same order.

My favourite Morrissey concert since 2002, despite the metallic sound.

Very good up-tempo rendition of You're the one for me fatty.

During the Speedway break, a capella second verse of Girl Afraid.

Morrissey was playful and three, maybe four, made it on stage including one who was rewarded with the Australian flag by Morrissey in person.

Just back to the Hotel room from Festival Hall. Morrissey was in amazing form, his voice sounded strong & beautiful.
I'm pretty sure the set list was the same but someone else can correct me, my memory is fuzzy!
The film before set the anticipation off, followed by the Imperfect List. Morrissey & the band came out together & took a bow, then started 'Shoplifters'.
Early on Morrissey said "drink me in, drink me in, drink me in"
During 'Speedway' he sang a few lines from 'Girl Afraid', with the stage lights dimmed.
First handshakes during 'Alma Matters'
I loved hearing my favourites: 'The Youngest Was the Most Loved' & 'Paris' but crowd was a bit quiet.
Morrissey sang 'To Give...' with such beauty
During 'Ouija Board' he looked emotional especially when singing "she has now gone..." line
Kristeen Young watched the whole show from the side of the stage
Morrissey said something like "Egypt, Mossad. Syria, Assad. England, The Royal Family & got a loud cheer.
Two shirts thrown into the crowd
Morrissey introduced band as being from "slums" eg "this is Jesse from the slum of Mexico...this is Boz the slum King"
Please, Please & I Know It's Over well loved but not Sweet & Tender Hooligan
Australian flag worn as skirt during encore of First of the Gang
Multiple stage invasions

and I need to get to bed!

Libya Gaddafi
Egypt Mubarak
Syria Assad
England the Royal Family

And it's Festival Hall.

Yes! Great show.
Looking at the other shows it does look like the same set list..
I'm trying to put together the set list for http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2012/festival-hall-melbourne-australia-4bda670a.html
I'm sure im missing a few and its out of order but I'm still buzzing. I never thought I'd get to see Morrissey!
The flag was given to one of the stage invaders, after the show I walked into about 5 people in a crazy tug of war for it. Some poor girl was getting thrown around like a rag doll...
I'm trying to remember the songs that were shown before the show, I got 2 of them the NYD one and the first one I shazamed it but what was the bowie song and the other one?

I was surprised how many smiths songs he sung!

Also what was 'the quote' he said " I just have enough light to do what I need to do" something like that.

Great show! 10000x better then I was expecting.

Proof, if it were needed, that he's just a nostalgia act now.

Libya Gaddafi
Egypt Mubarak
Syria Assad
England the Royal Family

And it's Festival Hall.

He really should stop using the Royal Family to keep himself in the spotlight.
If they really upset him that much he should just Fek off and live in a place thats suites him and shut the fek up.
The sooner we get the Royals another Royal yacht Brittania the better it was a crime scrapping it.

i saw the tug of war too, it was bizarre. but they were fighting over Morrissey's shirt which he threw in the encore.

Same setlist as in Brisbane, I might be wrong, but it was even the same order.

My favourite Morrissey concert since 2002, despite the metallic sound.

Very good up-tempo rendition of You're the one for me fatty.

Morrissey was playful and three, maybe four, made it on stage including one who was rewarded with the Australian flag by Morrissey in person.

The prudence never pays part? Define second verse. I was always doodling in poetry class. :p

In the intro to 'Please, please ...' he said something like 'there is a famous quote, which none of you will know' and then said it, followed by 'if anyone knows who said that I will clean their bicycle for a year'. So, you see, I remember everything he said, except for what the quote was. Something about light and work. Anyone recall the quote? Anyone know who said it??

Yes! Great show.
I'm trying to put together the set list for http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2012/festival-hall-melbourne-australia-4bda670a.html
I'm sure im missing a few and its out of order but I'm still buzzing. I never thought I'd get to see Morrissey!
The flag was given to one of the stage invaders, after the show I walked into about 5 people in a crazy tug of war for it. Some poor girl was getting thrown around like a rag doll...
I'm trying to remember the songs that were shown before the show, I got 2 of them the NYD one and the first one I shazamed it but what was the bowie song and the other one?

Also what was 'the quote' he said " I just have enough light to do what I need to do" something like that.

Sparks "Never turn your back on Mother Earth"
David Bowie "Gene Genie"
New York Dolls "Looking for a kiss"

That's all I saw except for the screaming woman cabaret thing - not sure who that was. Not Garland.

He really should stop using the Royal Family to keep himself in the spotlight.
If they really upset him that much he should just Fek off and live in a place thats suites him and shut the fek up.
The sooner we get the Royals another Royal yacht Brittania the better it was a crime scrapping it.

Is that you William? or Kate? Maybe Harry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! Great show.

Your setlist is mostly correct:

He played You Have Killed Me after Shoplifters and Let Me Kiss You after Meat Is Murder

Shoplifters
You Have Killed Me
You're the one for me, Fatty
Alma Matters
Speedway
Everyday Is Like Sunday
How Soon Is Now?
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
One Day Goodbye will be Farewell
To Give (The Reason I Live)
Thowing My Arms Around Paris
Meat Is Murder
Let Me Kiss You
Still Ill
Irish Blood, English Heart
Please, Please...
I Know It's Over
November Spawned a Monster
Youngest was the most loved
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
First of the Gang (encore)

I can't recall the exact wording of the quote either! From what I typed in my phone "there is light enough for what I want to do and enough shadow...", wish I could remember. I couldn't type it in fast enough.

Some of the other songs I recall from pre-show:
Lazy Sunday Afternoon - The Small Faces
Nico - I'm Not Saying
Francoise Hardy - All Over the World
Jean Genie - David Bowie
footage of Edith Warton discussing her clothing/fashion
footage of Pier Paolo Passolini's grave

Oh it took me a while to think of it. But I'm pretty sure that Moz was quoting the character of Bill Sykes just before he murders Nancy in 'Oliver Twist':
... Seeing the faint light of early day without, the girl rose to undraw the curtain.
"Let it be," said Sikes, thrusting his hand before her. "There's light enough for wot I've got to do."

In the intro to 'Please, please ...' he said something like 'there is a famous quote, which none of you will know' and then said it, followed by 'if anyone knows who said that I will clean their bicycle for a year'. So, you see, I remember everything he said, except for what the quote was. Something about light and work. Anyone recall the quote? Anyone know who said it??

"In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't?" - Blaise Pascal

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom