Melbourne - Festival Hall (Dec. 19, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Still Ill / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / November Spawned A Monster / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by M-in-Oz.

• Slightly greyer, but Morrissey still the most loved, review by Michael Dwyer - The Sydney Morning Herald. Link posted by M-in-Oz .
  • Gallery:Morrissey, Festival Hall, December 19 (Photos by Ian Laidlaw, 33 total) - Everguide. Link posted by M-in-Oz.
  • Morrissey - 19th Dec 2012 @ Festival Hall (Photos by CarbieWarbie Photography, 75 total) - Tone Deaf. Link posted by M-in-Oz.

morrisseytd073.jpg

morrisseytd068.jpg

morrisseytd022.jpg

Last edited:
Then why do you bother going back for more.

Many people like myself will NOT have seen it before, and (unfortunately) most people need to see it.

Enjoy your tortured baby animals Christmas dinner darling.

I had egg and chips thank you very much.

Re: Article: Melbourne - Vector Arena (Dec. 19, 2012) post-show

This is not the real 'we'll let you know'. P and DT why are you doing this?

we'll let you know

Sad Son

I know who I am, I think therefore I am the original

w'ell let you know

Re: Article: Melbourne - Vector Arena (Dec. 19, 2012) post-show

I bet he wishes his band could play that one....as it is, I don't think they'd even attempt it.

Oh, good one :D

My friend Felice Vaiani, who has Cerebral Palsy and is a huge Morrissey fan, waited outside in the rain after the Morrissey concert in Melbourne last Wednesday. Pity Morrissey couldn't come out and say hello.

We asked his security guards, who were complete wankers, to let Morrissey know Felice was sitting in her wheelchair in the rain to come out and say hello. But they just waved us away. "Nothing we can do" said one woman who jumped like a scalded cat when I asked her.

Another said: "He doesn't engage in that sort of thing". Like I said - total wanker.

I'm sure (hope) if Morrissey knew Felice was there he would have come and said hello. She even has: "Poor twisted child" tattooed on her wrist. NSAM is her own personal anthem.

Felice had to leave eventually, the taxi to take her home arrived. So I waited on. There were about 40 of us waiting in the rain, including another guy on crutches. Finally Morrissey did come out. He ran quickly towards his silver Merc, shadowed by security wankers, (Was he expecting to be assassinated?).

As he got in he saw us all waiting and gave a weird little salute, then got into his Merc and sped off. Leaving 40 (former) Morrissey fans wondering just who the wanker was. In my head I was composing a new song: "Morrissey on a guillotine"

Then his security wankers gave each other high fives as he left. What?! Is he that much of a pain in the arse they celebrate when they get rid of him for the night? Or was it more like: "Job well done - we got him through these hordes of fans who were going to attack him."

Really - he had more security than Julia Gillard (She;s our Prime minister). Seriously - one hundred percent wankers - the lot of them! Especially the overweight guy with glasses and wearing the Italian tour t-shirt. You know who you are!

Spoiled an otherwise good concert.

To read more about Felice go here - http://www.facebook.com/mzmaihem

Bloody fantastic. Don't get why anyone's complaining. Morrissey was better than I expected. Kristeen Young was amazing as well. The crowd could have let me get up front but hey I made it second row. Woohoo! Finally seen him and I might add the band were on fire!

My friend Felice Vaiani, who has Cerebral Palsy and is a huge Morrissey fan, waited outside in the rain after the Morrissey concert in Melbourne last Wednesday. Pity Morrissey couldn't come out and say hello.

We asked his security guards, who were complete wankers, to let Morrissey know Felice was sitting in her wheelchair in the rain to come out and say hello. But they just waved us away. "Nothing we can do" said one woman who jumped like a scalded cat when I asked her.

Another said: "He doesn't engage in that sort of thing". Like I said - total wanker.

I'm sure (hope) if Morrissey knew Felice was there he would have come and said hello. She even has: "Poor twisted child" tattooed on her wrist. NSAM is her own personal anthem.

Felice had to leave eventually, the taxi to take her home arrived. So I waited on. There were about 40 of us waiting in the rain, including another guy on crutches. Finally Morrissey did come out. He ran quickly towards his silver Merc, shadowed by security wankers, (Was he expecting to be assassinated?).

As he got in he saw us all waiting and gave a weird little salute, then got into his Merc and sped off. Leaving 40 (former) Morrissey fans wondering just who the wanker was. In my head I was composing a new song: "Morrissey on a guillotine"

Then his security wankers gave each other high fives as he left. What?! Is he that much of a pain in the arse they celebrate when they get rid of him for the night? Or was it more like: "Job well done - we got him through these hordes of fans who were going to attack him."

Really - he had more security than Julia Gillard (She;s our Prime minister). Seriously - one hundred percent wankers - the lot of them! Especially the overweight guy with glasses and wearing the Italian tour t-shirt. You know who you are!

At the risk of sounding harsh, I want to say to you that this is the first and only time I have seen Morrissey live and in the flesh.
I have followed him for at least twenty years. I am a single mother and I have bought almost all his albums and it was a really big deal to see him live, I can tell you. I was happy to just see him. I believe we are lucky that he is willing to come all the way to Australia to perform. I believe it is expecting way too much of him to come and sign his name for people he doesn't know. While I am sorry your friend has cerebral palsy, please don't misconstrue my tone for anything other than what it it. I saw you guys waiting outside, might I add some of you were smoking cigarettes as well, what you expected Morrissey to come and talk to you through a f***ing cloud of smoke. Unbeleivable. You need to get a serious reality check. If you expect Morrissey to come and talk to you maybe he's not who you think he is. He does his best and so should you.:cool:

Sad Son

Probably on his period and a bit anemic nothing a good plate of liver and onions washed down with some oysters and Guinness could'nt sort out.
But then again probably just being his wankerful-selfish-self.

we'll let you know

Sad Son

Probably on his period and a bit anemic nothing a good plate of liver and onions washed down with some oysters and Guinness could'nt sort out.

we'll let you know

You are not THE we'll let you know.
So, shut up!

we'll let you know

Sad Son

we'll let you know

At the risk of sounding harsh I have to add something to the Moz leaving the venue in his Merc without coming over and doing the meet and greet and slaps on the back 'n' chat thing. He is not Bono. He is not painting himself as a man of the people you could meet down the boozer for a pint after a gig. He is what he has always been and what any cursory reading of his words would reveal: a clever and literate man who prefers his own company and to be alone with his own thoughts. Not some social rock star. Really, any fan should know what he was like in the studio with The Smiths, coming in after the other members had gone, not often associating with them, writing his words and singing his melodies often in isolation. He writes the songs he writes because that is his world view, odd and charmingly twisted as it may be, a loner's slightly weary and vaguely cynical view of compassion. And frankly (Mr Shankly) him being whisked away post a gig is hardly a unique thing amongst many rock stars anyway. They travel the globe, do gigs and occasional interviews where they are badgered and asked inane questions, and yet we just can't be satisfied with an interview, or a show and the music, we need to touch them and share some kind of personal moment. This feeling that we are owed more, I don't get it. And certainly not from Morrissey.

He is what he has always been and what any cursory reading of his words would reveal: a clever and literate man who prefers his own company and to be alone with his own thoughts. Not some social rock star. Really, any fan should know what he was like in the studio with The Smiths, coming in after the other members had gone, not often associating with them, writing his words and singing his melodies often in isolation. He writes the songs he writes because that is his world view, odd and charmingly twisted as it may be, a loner's slightly weary and vaguely cynical view of compassion. Good on you. I totally agree with you.

At the risk of sounding harsh I have to add something to the Moz leaving the venue in his Merc without coming over and doing the meet and greet and slaps on the back 'n' chat thing. He is not Bono. He is not painting himself as a man of the people you could meet down the boozer for a pint after a gig. He is what he has always been and what any cursory reading of his words would reveal: a clever and literate man who prefers his own company and to be alone with his own thoughts. Not some social rock star. Really, any fan should know what he was like in the studio with The Smiths, coming in after the other members had gone, not often associating with them, writing his words and singing his melodies often in isolation. He writes the songs he writes because that is his world view, odd and charmingly twisted as it may be, a loner's slightly weary and vaguely cynical view of compassion. And frankly (Mr Shankly) him being whisked away post a gig is hardly a unique thing amongst many rock stars anyway. They travel the globe, do gigs and occasional interviews where they are badgered and asked inane questions, and yet we just can't be satisfied with an interview, or a show and the music, we need to touch them and share some kind of personal moment. This feeling that we are owed more, I don't get it. And certainly not from Morrissey.

Oh is that really so ???? You see I remember seeing film footage of him outside his hotel chatting an signing quite happily with fans (Tel-Aviv tour I think) No doubt someone will know, theres always someone with a big nose who claims to know eveything (a bit like youself).
Also at the risk of sounding harsh this lonesome songwriting technique /entering the studio to sing in isolation (with the Smiths) / Boz n session lads waiting for him to show and then do the songs in one take (remember that one "There is know substitute" awkwardness in the air with Visconti ?) After listening to his latest offerings I suggest he could do with re-thinking this being up his own arse-anal, it may help him to produce some decent material which he has,nt done for a VERY long time, (he may even get a record deal if he could 'change and be nice') but I doubt it.
Also I would love to know more about your article !!! Is it based on your thoughts and opinions/Are you a friend of he who likes to be isolated and are explaining by proxy/Are you he who likes to be isolated talking in the third person/or are you just a full of shit box-bedroom-rebel-keyboard-warrior who dreams of being a friend of Pansie-Pete ?

we'll let you know

You are not THE we'll let you know.
So, shut up!

we'll let you know

sad son,

I am the original ' w'ell let you know ' WHY are you doing this?
I will spank you with a wet plimsole for this

we'll let you know.

I feel like I have kind of a pathetic case of "post Morrissey concert depression" in that I'm wondering if that's the last time. I think its more to do with having waited so long and then having an actual date to look forward to, then its over and blah... :p

sad son,

I am the original ' w'ell let you know ' WHY are you doing this?
I will spank you with a wet plimsole for this

we'll let you know.

Ha ha. There is always some git who traipses into the insult territory on any forum, on any topic. Glad to know there are a few of you here. Bless. "Arse-anal". Clever that. Still, for the record and in the spirit of being a sad net tool I will give you a reply, cos I am sure that will give you a tiny thrill ... Moz has, I am sure, ventured into the hugging terrain on occasion. But on balance of "documentary" evidence, from books, interviews, and so on, (like your Tel Aviv thing) most of it suggests he is mostly pretty private. Which you bizarrely kinda then go on to admit in your next paragraph by saying it's not working for him. And suggesting he should change that too: sure, be good to see Moz down the boozer with the lads and getting jiggy wiv it. Cos that always makes for better music. Apparently. And what 'article'? You mean my 'post'? Of course it is based on my thoughts and opinions - as above, I am saying that some things are suggestive. A bit like yours about him recording then I imagine. What a tragedy to actually have a few thoughts of my own and then to post them! And for them to disagree with yours! Outrageous!! And now here we are engaging in the time honoured bollocks of 'here's my evidence/thoughts', 'now here's mine'. What wankery. Love the 'full of shit box-bedroom-rebel-keyboard-warrior' thing followed by the dash of homophobia too. Not even sure what that means - you're hiding behind a keyboard too, genius. Perhaps we should be duking it out on the streets right? Cos this is sooo important. And nowhere do I actually claim to know "eveything". Keep it up champ, you're on a winning streak.

Ha ha. There is always some git who traipses into the insult territory on any forum, on any topic. Glad to know there are a few of you here. Bless. "Arse-anal". Clever that. Still, for the record and in the spirit of being a sad net tool I will give you a reply, cos I am sure that will give you a tiny thrill ... Moz has, I am sure, ventured into the hugging terrain on occasion. But on balance of "documentary" evidence, from books, interviews, and so on, (like your Tel Aviv thing) most of it suggests he is mostly pretty private. Which you bizarrely kinda then go on to admit in your next paragraph by saying it's not working for him. And suggesting he should change that too: sure, be good to see Moz down the boozer with the lads and getting jiggy wiv it. Cos that always makes for better music. Apparently. And what 'article'? You mean my 'post'? Of course it is based on my thoughts and opinions - as above, I am saying that some things are suggestive. A bit like yours about him recording then I imagine. What a tragedy to actually have a few thoughts of my own and then to post them! And for them to disagree with yours! Outrageous!! And now here we are engaging in the time honoured bollocks of 'here's my evidence/thoughts', 'now here's mine'. What wankery. Love the 'full of shit box-bedroom-rebel-keyboard-warrior' thing followed by the dash of homophobia too. Not even sure what that means - you're hiding behind a keyboard too, genius. Perhaps we should be duking it out on the streets right? Cos this is sooo important. And nowhere do I actually claim to know "eveything". Keep it up champ, you're on a winning streak.

Oh dear you don't know anything about 'Pansie Pete' do you? You just went head on with the homophobic stick did'nt you!
Next time you write an essay I suggest you do your research. Slap-dash that.
Come back when you know what your talking about.
Otherwise seeing as you think its clever 'Up your Arse-anal'

Back
Top Bottom