Melbourne - Festival Hall (Dec. 19, 2012) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Dec 19, 2012.

By davidt on Dec 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Still Ill / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / November Spawned A Monster / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by M-in-Oz.

Last edited: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Article: Melbourne - Vector Arena (Dec. 19, 2012) post-show

Same setlist as in Brisbane, I might be wrong, but it was even the same order.

My favourite Morrissey concert since 2002, despite the metallic sound.

Very good up-tempo rendition of You're the one for me fatty.

During the Speedway break, a capella second verse of Girl Afraid.

Morrissey was playful and three, maybe four, made it on stage including one who was rewarded with the Australian flag by Morrissey in person.
    2. M-in-Oz
      M-in-Oz

Just back to the Hotel room from Festival Hall. Morrissey was in amazing form, his voice sounded strong & beautiful.
      I'm pretty sure the set list was the same but someone else can correct me, my memory is fuzzy!
      The film before set the anticipation off, followed by the Imperfect List. Morrissey & the band came out together & took a bow, then started 'Shoplifters'.
      Early on Morrissey said "drink me in, drink me in, drink me in"
      During 'Speedway' he sang a few lines from 'Girl Afraid', with the stage lights dimmed.
      First handshakes during 'Alma Matters'
      I loved hearing my favourites: 'The Youngest Was the Most Loved' & 'Paris' but crowd was a bit quiet.
      Morrissey sang 'To Give...' with such beauty
      During 'Ouija Board' he looked emotional especially when singing "she has now gone..." line
      Kristeen Young watched the whole show from the side of the stage
      Morrissey said something like "Egypt, Mossad. Syria, Assad. England, The Royal Family & got a loud cheer.
      Two shirts thrown into the crowd
      Morrissey introduced band as being from "slums" eg "this is Jesse from the slum of Mexico...this is Boz the slum King"
      Please, Please & I Know It's Over well loved but not Sweet & Tender Hooligan
      Australian flag worn as skirt during encore of First of the Gang
      Multiple stage invasions

and I need to get to bed!
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Libya Gaddafi
      Egypt Mubarak
      Syria Assad
      England the Royal Family

And it's Festival Hall.
    4. mcbain
      mcbain
      Yes! Great show.
      Looking at the other shows it does look like the same set list..
      I'm trying to put together the set list for http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2012/festival-hall-melbourne-australia-4bda670a.html
      I'm sure im missing a few and its out of order but I'm still buzzing. I never thought I'd get to see Morrissey!
      The flag was given to one of the stage invaders, after the show I walked into about 5 people in a crazy tug of war for it. Some poor girl was getting thrown around like a rag doll...
      I'm trying to remember the songs that were shown before the show, I got 2 of them the NYD one and the first one I shazamed it but what was the bowie song and the other one?

I was surprised how many smiths songs he sung!

Also what was 'the quote' he said " I just have enough light to do what I need to do" something like that.

Great show! 10000x better then I was expecting.
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Proof, if it were needed, that he's just a nostalgia act now.
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous

He really should stop using the Royal Family to keep himself in the spotlight.
      If they really upset him that much he should just Fek off and live in a place thats suites him and shut the fek up.
      The sooner we get the Royals another Royal yacht Brittania the better it was a crime scrapping it.
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      i saw the tug of war too, it was bizarre. but they were fighting over Morrissey's shirt which he threw in the encore.
    8. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer

The prudence never pays part? Define second verse. I was always doodling in poetry class. :p
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      good gig last night, offset by terrible venue and boring crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hii-IDA1H0

yes my camera skills suck after 6 pints. If that was you who managed to get on stage during sweet and tender hooligan, here it is.
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      In the intro to 'Please, please ...' he said something like 'there is a famous quote, which none of you will know' and then said it, followed by 'if anyone knows who said that I will clean their bicycle for a year'. So, you see, I remember everything he said, except for what the quote was. Something about light and work. Anyone recall the quote? Anyone know who said it??
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Sparks "Never turn your back on Mother Earth"
      David Bowie "Gene Genie"
      New York Dolls "Looking for a kiss"

That's all I saw except for the screaming woman cabaret thing - not sure who that was. Not Garland.
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Is that you William? or Kate? Maybe Harry?
    14. MORRIZSEY
      MORRIZSEY

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Yes, the prudence one.
    16. M-in-Oz
      M-in-Oz
      Your setlist is mostly correct:

He played You Have Killed Me after Shoplifters and Let Me Kiss You after Meat Is Murder

Shoplifters
      You Have Killed Me
      You're the one for me, Fatty
      Alma Matters
      Speedway
      Everyday Is Like Sunday
      How Soon Is Now?
      Ouija Board, Ouija Board
      One Day Goodbye will be Farewell
      To Give (The Reason I Live)
      Thowing My Arms Around Paris
      Meat Is Murder
      Let Me Kiss You
      Still Ill
      Irish Blood, English Heart
      Please, Please...
      I Know It's Over
      November Spawned a Monster
      Youngest was the most loved
      Sweet and Tender Hooligan
      First of the Gang (encore)

I can't recall the exact wording of the quote either! From what I typed in my phone "there is light enough for what I want to do and enough shadow...", wish I could remember. I couldn't type it in fast enough.

Some of the other songs I recall from pre-show:
      Lazy Sunday Afternoon - The Small Faces
      Nico - I'm Not Saying
      Francoise Hardy - All Over the World
      Jean Genie - David Bowie
      footage of Edith Warton discussing her clothing/fashion
      footage of Pier Paolo Passolini's grave
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous

No but I have been on the Royal yacht ?
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Oh it took me a while to think of it. But I'm pretty sure that Moz was quoting the character of Bill Sykes just before he murders Nancy in 'Oliver Twist':
      ... Seeing the faint light of early day without, the girl rose to undraw the curtain.
      "Let it be," said Sikes, thrusting his hand before her. "There's light enough for wot I've got to do."
    19. Abby B
      Abby B
      "In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't?" - Blaise Pascal