Melbourne, Australia - Festival Hall (Oct. 22, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / How Soon Is Now? / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / All You Need Is Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / Meat Is Murder // What She Said

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey tells concertgoers Trump and Clinton ‘can’t stand the American public’ by Cameron Adams (3 photos by Rob Leeson) - News Corp Australia Network. Link posted by lanterns.

39269_melbourne.jpg
  • Morrissey review: A hair-raising thrill still by Michael Dwyer (3 1/2 stars) - The Sydney Morning Herald. Link posted by Quando Quando Quando.

Last edited:
It was dark. Highlights "Paris", "How Soon Is Now", "Everyday Is Like Sunday". Setlist was same as Singapore however the sequence was moved around. 'What She Said" was a great closer. He was in fine voice and the band were superb.

Just got back. Here in Melbourne for a few days for business and managed to get floor tickets and wiggle up to the 5-6th row. Morrissey was in incredible form. Very chatty. He seemed very happy and thankful to be in Melbourne and said as much. A few good quips, my favorite coming after he sang "You're the One For Me Fatty". He said, "you know that song is about you" and then made a face and said "nasty" or something to that effect. Very funny. His voice was great. The usual setlist--no surprises. Acoustics were good. Band was tight. Was surrounded by a crowd of first timers that had come from Thailand having missed him there. Super elated to have caught this show.

monsieur et madame:

Bonjour!

please trying to locate anyone who attend Monsieur Moz spectacle in Melbourne!!
for attendance investigation purposes!
Merci
Clouseau

Just got back. Here in Melbourne for a few days for business and managed to get floor tickets and wiggle up to the 5-6th row. Morrissey was in incredible form. Very chatty. He seemed very happy and thankful to be in Melbourne and said as much. A few good quips, my favorite coming after he sang "You're the One For Me Fatty". He said, "you know that song is about you" and then made a face and said "nasty" or something to that effect. Very funny. His voice was great. The usual setlist--no surprises. Acoustics were good. Band was tight. Was surrounded by a crowd of first timers that had come from Thailand having missed him there. Super elated to have caught this show.
Well there was Istanbul and IWill See you in Far off Places...not quite Singapore

Setlist looked the same as Singapore yeah, although had Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small ... really prefer the up-tempo version of that track .. doesn't quite work as a ballad. Was hoping for Judy is a Punk too .. alas not.

Definitely the weakest setlist of any show I've seen from him in person. He sounded amazing, in fact I think the sound in general at Festering Hall was the best I've heard it. Jack the Ripper with the fog effect was really cool. Fatty is still always fun. He was in good spirits although wasn't too talkative.

Pretty sure the setlist was

Suedehead/Alma Matters/Speedway/Ganglord/How Soon is Now?/Kiss Me A Lot/I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris/Istanbul/World Peace Is None of Your Business/I Will See Your in Far Off Places/All You Need is Me/The Bullfighter Dies/Ouija Board, Ouija Board/It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small/Everyday is like Sunday/The World Is Full of Crashing Bores/You Have Killed Me/Meat is Murder/ Encore / What She Said

Order could be a little mixed in the middle

Here's hoping next time he shakes up the setlist a lot more but he seems to really be sticking to this combination at the moment

Merci Merci!

for Monsieur Moz spectacle in Melbourne stories! very funny Monsieur Moz: Fatty this is You!! ha ha , Monsieur Moz, a Fatty to Fatty spectacle. top funny form, Monsieur Moz!!

very alarming, no 'top to the rafters' computer stories!!!
please si vous plait, please video scan of empty seats for statistical investigation.

Merci
Clouseau

Merci!

Throw arms around PARIS back in set list?
coincidence? or memorex?:eyes:

Tre bien, Merci
Clouseau.:france:

Setlist looked the same as Singapore yeah, although had Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small ... really prefer the up-tempo version of that track .. doesn't quite work as a ballad. Was hoping for Judy is a Punk too .. alas not.

Definitely the weakest setlist of any show I've seen from him in person. He sounded amazing, in fact I think the sound in general at Festering Hall was the best I've heard it. Jack the Ripper with the fog effect was really cool. Fatty is still always fun. He was in good spirits although wasn't too talkative.

Pretty sure the setlist was

Suedehead/Alma Matters/Speedway/Ganglord/How Soon is Now?/Kiss Me A Lot/I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris/Istanbul/World Peace Is None of Your Business/I Will See Your in Far Off Places/All You Need is Me/The Bullfighter Dies/Ouija Board, Ouija Board/It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small/Everyday is like Sunday/The World Is Full of Crashing Bores/You Have Killed Me/Meat is Murder/ Encore / What She Said

Order could be a little mixed in the middle

Here's hoping next time he shakes up the setlist a lot more but he seems to really be sticking to this combination at the moment

How strange ! o_O
#3 above says Steve was "very chatty" yet you post he "wasn't too talkative " doh:

Oh well never mind Set the Boy Free by Johnny Marr is out in November ! WOO HOOOOOO!:tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::jackolantern:

Funny how Diesel has to get in the front seat :laughing:
Humasexuality ! It can be so cold and cruel at times don't you think ?:tearsofjoy:
Set the Boy Free Steven, FFS ! Lighten up !:sweet:

By the way Set the Boy Free is the title of Johnny Marrs new book out in November.

I reckon it was Crocodile Week this week in Austrialilialia and Steve was going to cancel because there is no singing allowed and he wants to save his voice for the homecoming shows in LA beginning of November. Nancy and lil' Sammy must like something about Austrialililia. I reckon one day I am going to look at this thing called "a globe" and find out where Austrialilialia actually is.

Blikey!, Jake really is moving up the ranks of The Morrissey Marketing Group ltd. PA to Bodyguard and now Driver? Blood Hell. I reckon he will be running the Century City office soon.

Last edited:
How strange ! o_O
#3 above says Steve was "very chatty" yet you post he "wasn't too talkative " doh:

Oh well never mind Set the Boy Free by Johnny Marr is out in November ! WOO HOOOOOO!:tiphat:

Hahaha He's having to sign the books to sell them .Wait until December and check the bargain bin's.
Screenshot_2016-10-22-19-02-57~2.png

How come John Maher looks like Liam Brown or Ian Gallagher or whatever there names are?

Dear Camera, if you are too lazy to even specify, how can I make comparisons between John Maher, (there is more than one), Johnny Marr, Liam Brown, Ian Gallagher or whatever, as you stated?

Do the hard work yourself first. :D
Mind you, chances are your question would still be unanswerable, but than we would know what you were asking in the first place.
Still, funny question. :)

Was Marred there? If so, was he clapping like a seal and bawling his eyes out? Followed by his 'glare'??!

"Fatty" is about us??? I guess he only wants underwear models in the front row. I guess he forgot is demographics.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom