Meat Is STILL Murder!

The Youngest

doesn't eat his friends
I've just watched the Meat Is Murder video on YouTube and I've got to say if Morrissey hadn't already turned me vegeterian I would be now. The video was so horrible I felt like crying at certain parts. I'm so glad I don't eat meat anymore and I could NEVER EVER go back to eating it. Thank you so much Moz! :)

p.s. How did everyone else feel after watching the video (If you have!)

I watched it maybe a week ago.
If I hadn't been vegetarian for four years now, I would have stopped eating meat from the moment I saw the video. It was just horrible!
I cried my eyes out...

i cant find it, can sumone post the address

I love meat. Maybe I should watch it. I don't understand vegetarians.

A weird thing happend to me (on the way to the theare ... HA), in that I became a vegi at 19. It was the ledgendary Terry Hall from The Specials (at that point - The Colour Field) that I met who converted me through his personal conviction (and through the fact I fancied him like mad!) to become a vegitarian.

I was vegi for almost 20 years until one day last winter ..........

I am so saddened by this but I just can't help myself. What' going on?!!

Morrissey wold SO shake his head :(

It's a good thing I don't consider a lobster much more than a vegetable because I went to my fave Japanese place tonight and had a dish called Ise Ebi that was the most righteous meal I've had in ages. That's sauteed lobster tail, scallions and shitake mushrooms in a ginger-garlic sauce over Japanese noodles. Somehow I don't think a Boca Burger could compare, and if lobsters weren't meant to be eaten why do they taste so f***ing GOOD?!

Oh my God ... that was the most horrible thing i've seen in ages. Did that guy drop concrete on a pig's head? That was barbaric.
And they were alive as their stomach's were slit open! But the worst has to be the making of foie gras, where they force the tube down that birds throat.

I've been veggie for nearly two years now, and (though Moz was probably part of the influence, my motivation came from reading a book about farming practices). I will (sort of) agree with the lobster guy above who said it isn't as easy to see fish / sea creatures as 'animals'. For me, fish was the last meat to go from my diet. But if you don't give fish up for the horrific way in which they 'drown' out of water (and how shellfish are boiled alive) then at least do it for the environment / your own health ... practically all fish ingest poison to some degree and, as any biologist will tell you, the further up the food chain you go, the more concentrated the poison becomes.

Most people say it's bacon that turns them back to meat, but you just have to look at the texture of bacon to feel ill ... those lines look like the lines on a human hand because pig skin is the closest genetic match to human skin. Pigs are also more intelligent than dogs, cats and most species of monkey; the only thing stopping them being seen as such is the absence of a posable thumb.
And just one more thing, did you see that cow limping near the start of the video? That's to do with it's udder being so full; dairy cows are treated horribly and are in constant pain. I'm trying to give up milk altogether (not eating chocolate is tough) because the practices surrounding dairy farming are just as sickening as those in the meat industry.

Sorry to go off on one and be a bit preachy, but i find it amazing how we grow up being told what's good for us and 'shielded' from the truth about what's really on our plates and 'how animals die' ... I'm not sure if that was an official video, but it does the trick; food for thought, so to speak.

Yes Meat Is STILL Murder

Let's hear (read) it from Moz -

Heifer whines could be human cries
Closer comes the screaming knife
This beautiful creature must die
This beautiful creature must die
A death for no reason
And death for no reason is MURDER

And the flesh you so fancifully fry
Is not succulent, tasty or kind
It's death for no reason
And death for no reason is MURDER

And the calf that you carve with a smile
Is MURDER
And the turkey you festively slice
Is MURDER
Do you know how animals die ?

Kitchen aromas aren't very homely
It's not "comforting", cheery or kind
It's sizzling blood and the unholy stench
Of MURDER

It's not "natural", "normal" or kind
The flesh you so fancifully fry
The meat in your mouth
As you savour the flavour
Of MURDER

NO, NO, NO, IT'S MURDER
NO, NO, NO, IT'S MURDER
Oh ... and who hears when animals cry ?

Surely you can get that, I worked it out before I'd left primary school!:cool:

meat may indeed be murder, but f*** man
we live in a world where if judged by the daily practice of millions and their/our governments
murder is rarely treated as murder
i have novel idea
how bout encouraging treating humans more humanely
and letting the practice of refraining from eating meat speak for itself
rather than providing anymore fodder for the already ascendant forces of militarism, sexism, racism and classism that are only strengthened by so many being alienated by agressive vegetarianism in one form or another

sadly, the example of Upton Sinclair, a vegetarian, has little been followed
http://www.louisville.edu/a-s/english/haymarket/stanton/vegetarian.html

Trouble loves me said:
I'm trying to give up milk altogether (not eating chocolate is tough) because the practices surrounding dairy farming are just as sickening as those in the meat industry

Me too. I've been veggie for 17 years and have always agreed with being vegan in principle but I find it so much harder than it was to go veggie. It's the pizza that gets me every time, also cannot eat quorn any more which is what I practically live on now and if you want a sandwich when you're out - forget it! I reckon I could turn into the world's only fat vegan as I end up eating chips all the time. Anyway, Moz inspired me to try again at the Oxford gig. One lapse early on but I've managed it for over a week now. Any tips on eating out most welcome!

yes, i've seen that video before but i don't plan on ever giving up meat. sure, what the meat industry does to animals is cruel and technically speaking, taking the life away from ANYTHING is murder... whether it be a human, animal, or plant. species feed off other species and that is how the circle of life works, so i don't see eating animals morally wrong at all. i do think the meat industry has too much power in todays society, and i DO encourage people to eat less meat and dairy so we are no longer extremely dependent on products that come from animals. but that's just my humble opinion...

i became vegeterian 15 years ago, and it was even before i have known who Morrissey is.
just thought that i do not want put all those chunks of corpses in me no more
because YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT
and that's it.

After watching Meet Your Meat I tried going vegitarian and I lasted about two weeks. I dont know what my problem was. It is hard to switch that part of my lifestyle, it took extra time that I think was my down fall. Plus I am so unorganized that I dont budget my time well enough to meal plan. Anyway...I love bacon lots.

zom

mis anyos mozos said:
I don't think Morrissey had anything to do with the making of it though, do you? I'm sure he'd approve of it, but it seems unofficial

Yeah, I'm almost certain you're right about that.

I was a vegetarian long before I'd ever heard of Morrissey, but I dunno, I find Meat is Murder pretty ridiculous in every respect (the song, not the whole album). 'Heifer whines could be human cries'? Is that really the best comparison he could think of, 'could be'? And those animal noises, I've always found them truly comic. Ah well. I know the song has converted many people.

love, math+

I've been vegetarian for 6 years (pre Moz liking) but I can't watch things like that- because I am really scared of chickens! I know its a weird fear but I can't even watch them on telly hehe.

I can't watch things like that, I find them too upsetting. I'm vegan and as active as I can be for the animal rights cause, though.

Back
Top Bottom