Meat is Murder/Strangeways Here We come box set?

everydayslikesunday

Hi

I apologise if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find any info on this site.

Does anyone know if this is genuine?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-Meat-Is-Murder-Strangeways-Here-We-Come/release/11124790

My gut feeling they are official releases in non-official packaging like the Half A Person set from a few years back? There are a few for sale on Ebay but mostly from the same seller? They actually look really nice but not worth it if not official. Those anyone have anymore information?

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Hi

I apologise if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find any info on this site.

Does anyone know if this is genuine?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-Meat-Is-Murder-Strangeways-Here-We-Come/release/11124790

My gut feeling they are official releases in non-official packaging like the Half A Person set from a few years back? There are a few for sale on Ebay but mostly from the same seller? They actually look really nice but not worth it if not official. Those anyone have anymore information?
I believe this to be a legitimate Warners (France) release.
They (sonically) are the 2008 Marr remasters and the product was released in 2017.
They contain a link to a digital Warners download of the same albums too.
Regards,
FWD.

Can't locate the original French site, but similar from Poland:
http://www.warnermusic.pl/album/meat-is-murder-strangeways-here-we-come

billybu69

Subscriber
They are genuine French Warners release, I bought from Amazon France. They are copies of the Rhino remasters as FWD said ROURH 106, and ROURH 81 in a clear plastic sleeve with an obi. Odd release really just the 2 packaged together with no mention of when or if they'll release the others.

Attachments

dirtee rephlex

Outside your house
They are genuine French Warners release, I bought from Amazon France. They are copies of the Rhino remasters as FWD said ROURH 106, and ROURH 81 in a clear plastic sleeve with an obi. Odd release really just the 2 packaged together with no mention of when or if they'll release the others.
They won't release others, it was just a release plan that included various 2 LP packs of different artists and yes they're legitimate official releases.

everydayslikesunday

Thank you all for your knowledge, thank you especially to billybu69 who gave me the idea of looking for a copy from Amazon (France). They are still selling them and I was about to buy one when it struck me that Amazon (UK) might also sell copies. It was long shot as it was a French release but worth a look I thought and to my delight they had 2 copies left, now 1 ;-) £33.04 and delivered in about 14 hours, I can't complain.

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for your knowledge, thank you especially to billybu69 who gave me the idea of looking for a copy from Amazon (France). They are still selling them and I was about to buy one when it struck me that Amazon (UK) might also sell copies. It was long shot as it was a French release but worth a look I thought and to my delight they had 2 copies left, now 1 ;-) £33.04 and delivered in about 14 hours, I can't complain.
5 on Discogs all under 30 quid

Top Bottom