'Meat is Murder' PETA computer game + Morrissey comment

Authorised (I guess, by Moz at least), Smiths computer game, complete with 8-bit style soundtrack, from PETA. Their blurb, from Twitter/Facebook:

"This game is the biggest social crusade of all as we safeguard the weak & helpless from violent human aggression. You don't get that from Pokémon GO," #Morrissey
Save animals from slaughter in ‎PETA's new game featuring #TheSmith's "Meat is Murder."

http://features.peta.org/meat-is-murder-game/

38927_peta_mim_game.jpg

Play the Smiths and PETA’s “Meat Is Murder” Video Game - Pitchfork
Morrissey: “This game is the biggest social crusade of all, as we safeguard the weak and helpless from violent human aggression. You don’t get that from ‘Pokémon Go.’”

Link posted by Roberto Ferdenzi / Facebook:

This Beautiful Creature Must Die: what is Morrissey's animal rights game like? - The Guardian
By Tim Jonze
Peta has launched a game approved by the Smiths frontman, complete with a bleepy rendition of Meat Is Murder – but is it any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be delighted when I hear of the first person who declined a sausage after playing this.

After this game, I don't know. But you have to think twice before eating a sausage if you have the information in your system. You know you are taking a concious decision which produces murder when you eat meat.

Maybe a nicely produced game targeted to pre-teens, with accurate information and some images showing cruelty, like The Vegan Sims. It's easier with very young people.

The big problem is the lack of food alternatives.

I will be delighted when I hear of the first person who declined a sausage after playing this.

Eating a bacon sandwich right now while playing it.

Of course the pig was already dead so don't give me any crap about me causing its death. I'm one guy.

Sami P

Is this game actually made to show how hard is it to save the animals (read: convince people) because I can't get over 7 points :joycat:

After this game, I don't know. But you have to think twice before eating a sausage if you have the information in your system. You know you are taking a concious decision which produces murder when you eat meat.

Maybe a nicely produced game targeted to pre-teens, with accurate information and some images showing cruelty, like The Vegan Sims. It's easier with very young people.

The big problem is the lack of food alternatives.

Utter bosh. Meat is less murderous than Dairy, which Morrissey gorged on for over 30 years before being exposed as a Crank-Fraud by me & the gang. He had all the information about milk and cheese in his system but only changed when we threatened to reduce his public persona to ridicule, claiming suddenly to be Vegan without any explanation of how or why he suddenly realised that singing 'Meat Is Murder' for 3 decades whilst slaughtering cows for cheese meant he had absolutely zero moral authority to lecture anyone else. And he allowed himself to be censored by Eavis & Bono at Glastonbury - to kick-start his career, but it didn't even work. It rained and he looked a total idiot. He remains a total idiot and his arbitrary moralisms remain uneducated, emotionalist and irrational. f*** Morrissey. What kind of idiot would come to moral conclusions about diet by playing a computer game? Morrissey probably thinks 'the kids' are going to go for this but the only reason they play video games is to slaughter anything and everything. Having heard the carnage from my son's teenage bedroom for years, the idea that this will have cultural impact is beyond absurd, just like everything Morrissey touches in his increasingly batty twilight.

Last edited:
Children, and adults for that matter, are very heavily influenced by this sort of medium such as gaming, of course they are.

Been a bit of a "gamer" my self, in my time, but of course nowadays busy with other fantastic things!
Im an expert at tomb raider and resident evil ! Im absolutely wonderfull at them ! the new resident evil on the PS4 looks absolutely incredible!!! stunning graphics and visuals !

Cant wait 2 get stuck into that! they,ve gone back 2 basics and its now a haunted mansion 2 go around and solve puzzles ect!

Awwww use 2 love "the serect of monkey Island" and "rainbow islands" on the amiga 500, going back a few years there lol ! :)

Tomb raider 3 had me stuck at one point for days, done my head in, but I sussed it out in the end!

But I dont know why no one has done a game like this before 2 help educate and inform youngsters ect, perhaps the programmers are 2 busy developing games like grand theft auto , were you go around stealing cars ect and attacking people with base ball bats ect and were you even get bonus points for actually raping and murdering prostitutes ect! :( not my cuppa tea this game!

But I agree, think a vegan sims game is a great Idea were by the kids learn allsorts of wonderfull stuff about the health benefits of becoming veterinarian and vegan and about protecting the rights of animals ect !

The world is moving forward for the better !!!!

I know loads of kids now who have turned vegetarian which is the first step ! :)

Last edited:
It's quite fun tapping away on a touch screen monitor, but how do you 'save' the big animals? I keep zapping them with my sparkly love rainbow, and nothing happens.

It's quite fun tapping away on a touch screen monitor, but how do you 'save' the big animals? I keep zapping them with my sparkly love rainbow, and nothing happens.

you have to hit them a bunch of times...like 7 or 8.
I realized after a while that you don't have to actually hit the animals - just have the pointer somewhere in the box they appear in when you click.

Morrissey could launch a gory game version of 'The Bullfighter Dies' for his reprisal of WPINOYB: lots of footage of matadors being gored with the gamer as the bull's horns. That would probably get more reaction. This MIM game sucks. But the music's an improvement on current band versions of Ye Olde Smiths Classic That Lures The Punters In.

Is the new WPINOYB a 'Director's Cut' thingy I wonder? New tracks, remixes, new running order? Or just the same old dog's dinner playlist that was Take 1? We shall see. I am SO excited....

Link posted by Roberto Ferdenzi / Facebook:

This Beautiful Creature Must Die: what is Morrissey's animal rights game like? - The Guardian
By Tim Jonze

Peta has launched a game approved by the Smiths frontman, complete with a bleepy rendition of Meat Is Murder – but is it any good?

For those who have forgotten Morrissey and Tim Jonze have a history. He is the writer who Morrissey successfully sued for portraying him as racist. A couple of years later when Morrissey discovered he and Jonze were staying at the same hotel, Jonze was asked to leave at the request of Morrissey's manager, Merck. True To You statement.

He has apparently learned his lesson and only gets in one small dig at Morrissey. :D

For those who have forgotten Morrissey and Tim Jonze have a history. He is the writer who Morrissey successfully sued for portraying him as racist. A couple of years later when Morrissey discovered he and Jonze were staying at the same hotel, Jonze was asked to leave at the request of Morrissey's manager, Merck. True To You statement.

He has apparently learned his lesson and only gets in one small dig at Morrissey. :D

Incorrect. There was no admission by the NME merely an acknowledgement that Morrissey had chosen to take offence at being called out over his trolling of the immigration issue. It would be helpful if you actually read articles you quote to bolster your erroneous claim that 'Morrissey successfully sued':

"the matter of the libel case was now closed and that the settlement did not involve payment of any damages or legal costs."

Unlike with the disasterous case of Mike Joyce, it appears Morrissey listened to legal counsel and accepted their advice not to pursue the matter to The High Court of London.

Morrissey is not a racist but he has egregiously bad form in using the issue of immigration to troll and inflame the debate around immigration. His comment on Chinese people being a 'sub-species' was regarded by some as conclusive evidence of racist views, I chose to see it as conclusive evidence that Morrissey was/is and probably always will be an incorrigible troll and a hugely inept one at that.

Tags
meat is murder game

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom