McCartney blames the Chinese for their 'medieval' wet markets

:thumb:

Yes, animal activists are known to say ‘outrageous’ things in order to give a voice to the voiceless. Since it’s not something that’s brought up much in our educational systems, media, etc.

I’m sure most people did not know about the treatment of animals in China before his statement. So it worked.

Just like most people didn’t think much about animal slaughter before they heard Meat is murder, a song that has turned many into vegetarians.
That wasn't really what I meant. I think he just enjoys dropping verbal hand grenades for (general) effect. He likes words and he likes to provoke. And actually, I wouldn't necessarily say it worked with the China statement because much of the response was aimed at him and was negative. But I agree about Meat is Murder.

That wasn't really what I meant. I think he just enjoys dropping verbal hand grenades for (general) effect. He likes words and he likes to provoke. And actually, I wouldn't necessarily say it worked with the China statement because much of the response was aimed at him and was negative. But I agree about Meat is Murder.

Negative? I wonder.

He didn’t explain/defend himself after that comment, so we can take it that
he doesn’t care, or that he’s learnt that people will think what they want to think regardless of what he says or doesn’t say.

And yes some views can provoke. And in general I’m sure he enjoys it, what comes with it? maybe a feeling of setting himself apart from people that he doesn’t feel he has much in common with.

:thumb:

Yes, animal activists are known to say ‘outrageous’ things in order to give a voice to the voiceless. Since it’s not something that’s brought up much in our educational systems, media, etc.

I’m sure most people did not know about the treatment of animals in China before his statement. So it worked.

Just like most people didn’t think much about animal slaughter before they heard Meat is murder, a song that has turned many into vegetarians.
You honestly think that Morrissey's statement is the reason people knew about China's animal markets? He was talking about something he saw on television. It's been known for a while.
I will grant you that using attention getting language does get attention but it alienates a lot of the people that you most want to win over to your side. People that already think KFC is worse than a mass murder aren't really the ones you want to go after to change things. You need someone that is still going to KFC to realize what they're eating and supporting.
I think that a lot of the actions of PETA and to a lesser extent Morrissey are not really doing anything but getting attention. And so now when you talk about "wet markets" it's associated with racism when it's not really.
It's complicated because I have Facebook friends who will post "Stop the Dog Slaughter" and then a half hour later it's "I Love Bacon!" Sometimes I comment that it's time to stop all the slaughter but it's usually ignored. Or people think that the way "we" slaughter animals is somehow okay. I mean it probably is a little less horrific, maybe, but there is some racism involved when people want to act like what "we" do is okay but what "they" do is bad. So really invoking racism to get attention, which is exactly what he did, is probably a selfish action that has very little positive effect. And I don't think it helped him much either.

You honestly think that Morrissey's statement is the reason people knew about China's animal markets? He was talking about something he saw on television. It's been known for a while.
I will grant you that using attention getting language does get attention but it alienates a lot of the people that you most want to win over to your side. People that already think KFC is worse than a mass murder aren't really the ones you want to go after to change things. You need someone that is still going to KFC to realize what they're eating and supporting.
I think that a lot of the actions of PETA and to a lesser extent Morrissey are not really doing anything but getting attention. And so now when you talk about "wet markets" it's associated with racism when it's not really.
It's complicated because I have Facebook friends who will post "Stop the Dog Slaughter" and then a half hour later it's "I Love Bacon!" Sometimes I comment that it's time to stop all the slaughter but it's usually ignored. Or people think that the way "we" slaughter animals is somehow okay. I mean it probably is a little less horrific, maybe, but there is some racism involved when people want to act like what "we" do is okay but what "they" do is bad. So really invoking racism to get attention, which is exactly what he did, is probably a selfish action that has very little positive effect. And I don't think it helped him much either.

I didn’t know.

.. using attention getting language does get attention but it alienates a lot of the people that you most want to win over to your side. People that already think KFC is worse than a mass murder aren't really the ones you want to go after to change things. You need someone that is still going to KFC to realize what they're eating and supporting.

Yeah, Morrissey is not a politician.

And we don’t really know if he felt there was any negative outcome because of his comment.

Linda was down..
Paul: Yeah! She liked the attitude more than anything. She and Morrissey used to correspond quite a lot. I never really saw the letters, but they both sort of had similar attitudes about animal welfare. She was very punky in her attitude. We never got around to it, but she would have liked to have done something a bit more… [Paul impersonates a very aggressive punk track!] That kind of thing! She would have liked that, but we never got around to it, as I said."

Linda was down..
Paul: Yeah! She liked the attitude more than anything. She and Morrissey used to correspond quite a lot. I never really saw the letters, but they both sort of had similar attitudes about animal welfare. She was very punky in her attitude. We never got around to it, but she would have liked to have done something a bit more… [Paul impersonates a very aggressive punk track!] That kind of thing! She would have liked that, but we never got around to it, as I said."

Poor Linda. ?

Maybe it's time to shake our mental chains and begin to condemn bad things, no matter where they happen. As we live in the same world everything may affect us. Animals don't know about borders and cultural behaviors. They look at us as the same species that mistreats them, because they are wise and know that human races don't exist.

Maybe it's time to shake our mental chains and begin to condemn bad things, no matter where they happen. As we live in the same world everything may affect us. Animals don't know about borders and cultural behaviors. They look at us as the same species that mistreats them, because they are wise and know that human races don't exist.

I condemn you, you bad thang you!

TerribleWarmIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, Morrissey is not a politician.

And we don’t really know if he felt there was any negative outcome because of his comment.
It doesn't matter what he felt. I realize "we can't/don't really know" is like a get out of jail free card whenever he says/does something that anyone questions but it's pretty clear that the comment was not well received. You've been saying that the comment was made to raise awareness and change people's minds. Thank god Morrissey is not a politician and if he would leave politics alone completely he'd be doing himself a huge favor, but your point was that he's trying to make changes. To do that you have to be somewhat diplomatic. You can be totally right but if you alienate everyone to get attention you are a troll.

It doesn't matter what he felt. I realize "we can't/don't really know" is like a get out of jail free card whenever he says/does something that anyone questions but it's pretty clear that the comment was not well received. You've been saying that the comment was made to raise awareness and change people's minds. Thank god Morrissey is not a politician and if he would leave politics alone completely he'd be doing himself a huge favor, but your point was that he's trying to make changes. To do that you have to be somewhat diplomatic. You can be totally right but if you alienate everyone to get attention you are a troll.

He was right tho. Maybe we need to do to them what we did to Japan? Drop a couple bombs on them and blow them out of the Stone Age.

ask you,Fake Cham??
the fb 'friends' say stop killing dogs but mmmmmm we love bacon??
for real FC?
peeps dont need confusion thats why they avoid seeking psycho babbles:crazy:

He was right tho. Maybe we need to do to them what we did to Japan? Drop a couple bombs on them and blow them out of the Stone Age.
Yes if we could go back to the days when the United States was the only country with atomic weapons we could make a perfect world by killing everyone else. Maybe let England live but make it a state.

Yes if we could go back to the days when the United States was the only country with atomic weapons we could make a perfect world by killing everyone else. Maybe let England live but make it a state.

Yeah, I mean, it couldn’t hurt. Just drop a couple and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom