McCain's VP Choice

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that was funny!! LOL @ "phone a friend" :p Fey has her Palin's annoying voice down pat!

Did you see Darrell Hammond as Clinton on Weekend Update? That was also hilarious. :D But the skit that had me crying w/laughter was Judy Grimes: She is totally just kidding. Watch that clip. Tell me if you think it's funny. Maybe I was just buzzed and tired. Kristen Wiig is a great addition to SNL.

I just went back and watch some clips. The sketch of the debate was disappointingly not very funny. I love how Darrell Hammond has McCain arm movements down though. his Bill Clinton however was FANTASTIC. hilarious. I love when they have to keep themselves from laughing.

the Judy Grimes sketch was really good...just kidding...actually I didnt like Kristen Wig at first, just kidding, no I did, just kidding no I didnt. but shes really grown on me, just kidding :p

seriously though, she reminded me of the micromachines guy, it was impressive.

Putinsheadrears.jpg

It's the same old story since WW2. The Government needs a "visible" enemy to scare the American People into buying their lies to justify their actions.

First it was the Communists, Then It Was Hussein (1990). Then it Was The Terrorists (2001). Hussein Again (2003). Terrorists Again. Now that we're fed up and have seen through their lies and the innocent lives that have been cost, what do they do?

It's The Russians again? Seriously, does anybody actually believe that Russia is going to start trouble with us? Please.

"Do The Russians love their Children too?" - Sting

It's the same old story since WW2. The Government needs a "visible" enemy to scare the American People into buying their lies to justify their actions.

First it was the Communists, Then It Was Hussein (1990). Then it Was The Terrorists (2001). Hussein Again (2003). Terrorists Again. Now that we're fed up and have seen through their lies and the innocent lives that have been cost, what do they do?

It's The Russians again? Seriously, does anybody actually believe that Russia is going to start trouble with us? Please.

"Do The Russians love their Children too?" - Sting

now its the bailout .........

you know that Paulson said that 700 billion was just a random number he pulled out of his ass, right? he had no real reason to pick that number. he just "picked a huge number." that was a quote of one of his advisors or someone that they asked. that speech by Bush the other night was to scare people. you dont use words like "panic" if you dont want people to actually PANIC.

Didn't they have some fake terror alerts during the last election? I wonder if they'll do that again

now its the bailout .........

you know that Paulson said that 700 billion was just a random number he pulled out of his ass, right? he had no real reason to pick that number. he just "picked a huge number." that was a quote of one of his advisors or someone that they asked. that speech by Bush the other night was to scare people. you dont use words like "panic" if you dont want people to actually PANIC.

I saw on TV last night. 60 minutes or something that was talking about how Iraqi businesses can operate now without fear of paying "protection" money or something like that. Okay, so we've accomplished some Good there, but at what Cost? Maybe their economy is doing better, but how much has it cost us? How soon can we expect a check from Iraq to cover our expenses there? Not to mention the population control that has been enacted by shipping people over there to die in combat. I seriously believe that the Government realized how much money it was dolling out each year with the GI bill and had to come up with a way to ensure that less people would actually collect on it.

I saw on TV last night. 60 minutes or something that was talking about how Iraqi businesses can operate now without fear of paying "protection" money or something like that. Okay, so we've accomplished some Good there, but at what Cost? Maybe their economy is doing better, but how much has it cost us? How soon can we expect a check from Iraq to cover our expenses there? Not to mention the population control that has been enacted by shipping people over there to die in combat. I seriously believe that the Government realized how much money it was dolling out each year with the GI bill and had to come up with a way to ensure that less people would actually collect on it.

In all fairness, the casualty rate in this war is so low that if that's really what they were aiming for, it's yet another epic fail on the administration's part. :o

In all fairness, the casualty rate in this war is so low that if that's really what they were aiming for, it's yet another epic fail on the administration's part. :o

It's not like they're going up against a real army. Of course the casualties are low.

It's not like they're going up against a real army. Of course the casualties are low.

that's because its not really a war. its an occupation. thats why this "winning" and "victory" talk is such bullshit. you cant "win" an occupation. they have yet to define "victory." no actually, I take that back, they keep changing what "victory" means so we can stay there longer.

It may be low compare to other wars, but the fact that young americans are being lied to and dying in this war is a disgrace. It's like they are being assassinated by their own government.

that's because its not really a war. its an occupation. thats why this "winning" and "victory" talk is such bullshit. you cant "win" an occupation. they have yet to define "victory." no actually, I take that back, they keep changing what "victory" means so we can stay there longer.

That's right. The US will never win the war because there is no such thing as "winning" when it comes to Iraq.

It's impossible to define what "winning" looks like, because they're fighting "against terrorism" which is so subjective and so generic, therefore unattainable.

It's just like when the republicans take credit for the surge... claiming that "it worked".

Ok. Define "worked".
ZZzzzZZZzzzzzzZZzzzzzzz..... :)

Currently on NJ's 101.5, they're debating on how Mrs. Palin has lack of experience, no current platform & socially inadequate however, what's "funny" to me is how the DJ is stating to women callers that, "you're just not voting for b/c she's prettier than you".

Isn't this ridiculous?!?!?!?!? :eek:

Finally, they're backing it up w/ another ridiculous (yet, funny) poll:

Who's more sexy?: Palin or McCain

ROFLMBO....:D

BOTTOM LINE: This whole election is just unreasonable. Seriously speaking, it's race against sex....scary.

Palin seen naked in Chicago.

(made ya look :p)

I need to get to that Ale House and check it out. Maybe have a beer. :D

Femme fatale!

OPAKFATWA_P1.jpg

Flirting with Palin earns Pakistani president a fatwa

With some overly friendly comments to Gov. Sarah Palin at the United Nations, Asif Ali Zardari has succeeded in uniting one of Pakistan's hard-line mosques and its feminists after a few weeks in office.

A radical Muslim prayer leader said the president shamed the nation for "indecent gestures, filthy remarks, and repeated praise of a non-Muslim lady wearing a short skirt."

Feminists charged that once again a male Pakistani leader has embarrassed the country with sexist remarks. And across the board, the Pakistani press has shown disapproval.

What did President Zardari do to draw such scorn? It might have been the "gorgeous" compliment he gave Ms. Palin when the two met at the UN last week during her meet-and-greet with foreign leaders ahead of Thursday's vice presidential debate with opponent Sen. Joe Biden, the Democratic vice presidential nominee.

But the comments from Zardari didn't end there. He went on to tell Palin: "Now I know why the whole of America is crazy about you."

"You are so nice," replied the Republican vice presidential hopeful, smiling. "Thank you."

But what may have really caused Pakistan's radical religious leaders to stew was his comment that he might "hug" Palin if his handler insisted.

Though the fatwa, issued days after the Sept. 24 exchange, carries little weight among most Pakistanis, it's indicative of the anger felt by Pakistan's increasingly assertive conservatives who consider physical contact and flattery between a man and woman who aren't married to each other distasteful. Though fatwas, or religious edicts, can range from advice on daily life to death sentences, this one does not call for any action or violence.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/1002/p04s01-wosc.html

Tags
backwoods barbie
Back
Top Bottom