McCain's VP Choice

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
art.palin.podium.gi.jpg

Deja Vu?

For The Record, Mondale lost in the biggest landside in Election History. 525-13, and only received 40.6% of the vote.

Also, Mondale's "promise" to raise taxes sounds eerily similar to McCain's promise to keep us Iraq, despite public opposition.

art.palin.podium.gi.jpg

Deja Vu?

For The Record, Mondale lost in the biggest landside in Election History. 525-13, and only received 40.6% of the vote.

Also, Mondale's "promise" to raise taxes sounds eerily similar to McCain's promise to keep us Iraq, despite public opposition.

I don't know about the comparison, but it's interesting. At one point this seemed like McCain's election to lose, and it seems that is exactly what he is doing. His "100 years in Iraq" statement, and then his choice of this extremist seem like arrogance or maybe he is just out of touch.

I don't know about you guys, but just based upon looks... Sarah Palin is a fox. Politics-wise she is repulsive though.

EDIT: But you know when it comes to politicians the bar for attractiveness is set pretty low.

She kind of reminds me of Laura Roslin :guitar:

26911roslin-1.jpg

Her first actions include organizing all FTL-capable ships together and convincing Commander William Adama to abandon a retaliatory attack on the Cylons. President Roslin and Billy Keikeya, her aide/press secretary/chief of staff, establish a working office space aboard her transport, renamed Colonial One (which the series' production team intentionally designed to resemble Air Force One). She immediately clashes with Commander Adama, the ranking Colonial military officer. They make an uneasy truce - that Adama will lead the military and the fleet's ships, while Roslin will preside over the fleet's personnel and look after the civilians' well-being.

For the first few weeks, she acts as the sole voice of government, attending meetings and issuing orders alone. Soon after the conflict depicted in the episode "Bastille Day", Roslin bows to popular pressure and agrees to establish a new Quorum of Twelve.

Another proof that in addition to all standards that men have to meet in order to advance their careers, women also have to be pretty...

The comparison is that Old Guy picks younger woman as his running mate. They run on platforms that have extremely unpopular sentiments (High Taxes for Mondale, Continuing the War for McCain). Mondale lost by a landslide, which set back women's political ambitions for over 20 years.

So, I'm wondering if McCain loses (which I'm sure most of us are hoping for), if it will be another 20 years before another Presidential candidate choses a woman to be his VP. This coupled with Hillary's disastrous campaign (she may have gotten a lot of votes, but she ran it like a train wreck with no clear direction) is likely to have an impact on women in politics for some time to come.

On the other hand, McCain is gambling that having a woman on his ticket will make him look more like a supporter of women's rights than Obama. Which is exactly the gamble I expected him to take, albeit I was expecting him to chose Rice (but she wisely declined to get involved, whether she was asked or not).

Too bad so many people are so shallow.

It's just damn annoying. and yes these things do matter in modern society. why do you think good speakers lead in polls???

and i think someone's ability to be a good performer is more important than someone's ability to be a certain gender or race.

Most dealings with international affairs is performance and how others perceive you. it's the truth, may be sad to some, but it's the truth. It's a major reason why Bush failed .

Last edited:
It's just damn annoying. and yes these things do matter in modern society. why do you think good speakers lead in polls???

and i think someone's ability to be a good performer is more important than someone's ability to be a certain gender or race.

Most dealings with international affairs is performance and how others perceive you. it's the truth, may be sad to some, but it's the truth. It's a major reason why Bush failed .

your a smart!

I can't say I'm entirely comfortable with the idea that this woman could be a mere heart-attack away from the Oval Office, and the biggest responsibility she's had to take thus far is whether to buy choc-chip or double choc-chip cookies for the week's council meeting.

Coiff.

McCain has just realized that due to his senility, he picked the wrong Palin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
backwoods barbie
Back
Top Bottom