McCain's VP Choice

I look forward to watching the VP Debate.

I wonder if anyone will have the balls to ask her a "Kitty Dukakis" question about abortion.

I like this one. Doesn't she really look like her?!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7XndhZUqFvs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7XndhZUqFvs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

her son, Track. his middle name is Enfield. I am not even remotely shitting you guys. Track Enfield. Trig? Trig Paxson Van Palin. cuz its like Van Halen. I couldn't make this stuff up.

her son, Track. his middle name is Enfield. I am not even remotely shitting you guys. Track Enfield. Trig? Trig Paxson Van Palin. cuz its like Van Halen. I couldn't make this stuff up.

Are you effin kidding me?! :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why not, Puck or High Stick? or Zamboni? :rolleyes:

Gawd nugz...I've heard enough already. :rolleyes:

Van Palin. Srsly. Biden should grill her on what she was smoking.... :rolleyes:

you have noooo idea how excited I am for these debates. Corrissey, did you see the Gibson interview??!! omg, seriously. I can't wait for part 2 tonight!!

you have noooo idea how excited I am for these debates. Corrissey, did you see the Gibson interview??!! omg, seriously. I can't wait for part 2 tonight!!

I'm not sure I can watch any more of it. She's truly a horror. The worst part is, Gibson is a lightweight. If she's doing this badly now, there's no telling how brutal it's going to get when she faces a real journalist.

For example, on the God question, there was an obvious follow-up.

P: "But what Abraham Lincoln had said, and that's a repeat in my comments, was let us not pray that God is on our side in a war or any other time, but let us pray that we are on God's side."

G: "And you think our actions would fall in line with being on God's side".

P: "Yes, I do".

G: "But how can you say that if you don't know the mind of God?"​

Of course, she probably won't face a real journalist if McCain has anything to say about it.

Last edited:

I didn't -had a meeting last night & missed it. I caught some snippets on the news tho. Not sure I'll be around for Part 2 either. Not that I care. She's like listening to Bush speak. I don't want to (other than to watch them f*** up). And her voice is sooo grating :sick: I hope Biden BURIES her.

I didn't -had a meeting last night & missed it. I caught some snippets on the news tho. Not sure I'll be around for Part 2 either. Not that I care. She's like listening to Bush speak. I don't want to (other than to watch them f*** up). And her voice is sooo grating :sick: I hope Biden BURIES her.

Biden doesn't have to do a thing. Biden just has to be quiet and let her talk.

Biden doesn't have to do a thing. Biden just has to be quiet and let her talk.

People who love Palin do so because she's just like them. It's Bush all over again - someone they can relate to, who "feels their pain." I don't think most of them care if she knows the difference between preemptive and preventive war.

On the other hand, Biden will seem like just another Washington insider hack who, for all his experience, is a member of the elite. He will score no points with conservatives, who often read sophistication as weakness.

Most of all, it seems that folks on the right confuse belligerence with strength. Palin scores huge points there; we see it again and again, and it is always a tragic mistake.

I'll be watching the debates through my fingers...

People who love Palin do so because she's just like them. It's Bush all over again - someone they can relate to, who "feels their pain." I don't think most of them care if she knows the difference between preemptive and preventive war.

On the other hand, Biden will seem like just another Washington insider hack who, for all his experience, is a member of the elite. He will score no points with conservatives, who often read sophistication as weakness.

Most of all, it seems that folks on the right confuse belligerence with strength. Palin scores huge points there; we see it again and again, and it is always a tragic mistake.

I'll be watching the debates through my fingers...

Right, which is why Palin's selection speaks volumes about McCain. His campaign basically dropped the pretence of dignity and integrity and instead went back to the same old "culture war" battle lines drawn years ago. They went to the mattresses. But I don't think the Republican Party is as monolithic as we fear. I still remember the days when Republicans would heartily approve of intelligent candidates like Biden. If there are enough of those people left, they might switch and turn the election in Obama's favor. Her comments about going to war with Russia, the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac blunder, the lumping together of Iraq with Al-Qaeda, not knowing the Bush Doctrine-- surely it will convince some fair-minded Republicans out there that McCain's campaign has sold its soul to the more radical elements in the party.

But there I go again, assuming they're reasonable. Just after I wrote there used to be Republicans who insisted on smart, highly qualified candidates, I flashed back to Dan Quayle. Hey, it's not like that kind of thinking hasn't cost us an election or three. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Today's Mark Morford's column makes me laugh and shudder at the thought of Palin at the helm.

Are You an elitist? 18 revealing ways to know for sure

1. You don't talk like a normal person. Only normal people talk like normal people. Sarah "no questions please, I'm Alaskan" Palin, according to House Minority leader John Boehner, she talks like a normal person... if by "normal" you mean "chillingly antagonistic toward anything resembling progress or political insight or women's civil liberties."

2. According to the GOP, lower-middle-class voters with minimal educations really like it when people who think they can run the most powerful nation on the planet and steer massive military juggernauts and immense economies and affect the destinies of millions, don't actually speak like they have any idea how the hell to do it. Honey, if the Bush years proved anything, it's that the dumber you sound, the more effective you are at leading the country. Into the sewer. Did you know this already? Typical elitist...

Mark Morford

Fact Check: Palin Wrong on Former VP Credentials

ABC News' Lisa Chinn reports: During her interview with ABC News' Charlie Gibson Thursday Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin attempted to deflect a question about the fact she has never met a foreign head of state by saying that "many" other vice presidential nominees in history hadn't met a head of state either.

However Palin was mistaken, at least where recent history is concerned.

Every vice president over the last 30 years had met a foreign head of state before being elected.

"Have you ever met a foreign head of state?" Gibson asked Palin Thursday.

"I have not," Palin said, "and I think if you go back in history and if you ask that question of many vice presidents, they may have the same answer that I just gave you."

However Palin, who obtained her first passport two years ago, would in fact be the first vice president in 32 years who hadn't met a foreign head of state, if she were elected.

The current Vice President Dick Cheney is a former Secretary of Defense and met foreign leaders in that capacity.

Former Vice President Al Gore was a member of the Senate Armed Forces Committee and went on many congressional trips abroad, known as CODELS, where he met foreign leaders.

Former Vice President Dan Quayle was also a member the Senate Armed Committee and went on many CODELS.

Former President George H.W. Bush was the Ambassador to China before he became a vice president and eventually president.

Walter Mondale, who became vice president in 1977 under President Jimmy Carter, was a senator for 16 years before becoming VP and met foreign leaders.​

LESS QUALIFIED THAN DAN QUAYLE? :eek:

Sarah Palin is absoloutely sickening.

And her reply to the whole Iraq/god question, was sooooooooooooooo rehearsed. They clearly were anticipating it. It's a ridicolous answer that doesn't make any sense at all. It's just well worded and crafted to make it seem like it's smart. She would've made the assosciation with Lincoln when she originally said it, if she truly meant it.

Tags
backwoods barbie
Back
Top Bottom