May 2nd London Mayoral Elections

MunchyBrain

Born Against
I decided that it was time to promote another one of my various political causes that nobody cares about, so here gos. :D

"NO TO THE CROOK, THE TOFF, THE COP AND THE FASCIST

‘Everyone knows the politicians are lying,corrupt, self-serving parasites - it’s time we let them know -THIS IS OUR LONDON not theirs, their party’s or their paymasters. On Friday May 2nd at City Hall we will confront our enemies at the Mayoral election results reviving a great radical London tradition - ITS TIME TO TAKE TO THE STREETS AND CLAIM BACK OUR CITY’"

MEET @ 6PM OUTSIDE THE GLA BUILDING ON SOUTHBANK.

24pmq0l.jpg

28b4lqr.jpg

2vaglnc.jpg

k3stis.jpg

You should ask all your family members, relatives and neighbours who have voting right to go to vote instead of posting a thread in here. :D

Sadly I don't have it. :(

I decided that it was time to promote another one of my various political causes that nobody cares about, so here gos. :D

‘Everyone knows the politicians are lying,corrupt, self-serving parasites - it’s time we let them know -THIS IS OUR LONDON not theirs, their party’s or their paymasters. On Friday May 2nd at City Hall we will confront our enemies at the Mayoral election results reviving a great radical London tradition - ITS TIME TO TAKE TO THE STREETS AND CLAIM BACK OUR CITY’"

24pmq0l.jpg

28b4lqr.jpg

2vaglnc.jpg

k3stis.jpg

well, I can't vote there, but the posters are fun to see. Is "Toff" like "Tory"?

wait, I looked it up.

toff (tf)
n. Chiefly British Slang
A member of the upper classes, especially one who is elegantly dressed:

Noun 1. toff- informal term for an upper-class or wealthy person
nob
man of means, rich man, wealthy man - a man who is wealthy

Who are you actually supporting in the election? Don't tell me, you're not supporting anyone, right? 'Cause you're so radical and 'post-politics.' Voting's for nerds...

Please. I'm all for your banner-waving, Sid Vicious-idolising anarchy...until it gets to an actual election. Then it's just revealed as the hopeless, naive, and frankly pathetic waste of time it really is. These elections matter, and if you think you can change the world by not voting then you're even more out of touch than Boris Johnson. Do I think any of the candidates are perfect? No, but that doesn't mean I won't vote for whomseover I believe to be the best option in comparison. If Boris Johnson wins this election, our great city of London could be irreperably damaged. I, for one, will be taking the first plane out of here if that happens. I get that people are disollusioned, but please, have an opinion rather than a collection of punk maxims.

Coiff.

PS - This reminded me to post the "To all Londoners" thread which I meant to the other day. Cheers for that.

Last edited:
Who are you actually supporting in the election? Don't tell me, you're not supporting anyone, right? 'Cause you're so radical and 'post-politics.' Voting's for nerds...

Please. I'm all for your banner-waving, Sid Vicious-idolising anarchy...until it gets to an actual election. Then it's just revealed as the hopeless, naive, and frankly pathetic waste of time it really is. These elections matter, and if you think you can change the world by not voting then you're even more out of touch than Boris Johnson. Do I think any of the candidates are perfect? No, but that doesn't mean I won't vote for whomseover I believe to be the best option in comparison. If Boris Johnson wins this election, our great city of London could be irreperably damaged. I, for one, will be taking the first plane out of here if that happens. I get that people are disollusioned, but please, have an opinion rather than a collection of punk maxims.

Coiff.

PS - This reminded me to post the "To all Londoners" thread which I meant to the other day. Cheers for that.

1) I actually hate Sid Vicious, and the Sex Pistols

2) Some of the people going on this DO vote, but they just want to show that they're not happy with the non-choice they've had, and that there isn't a single politician who represents the views of normal people.

Last edited:
Munchy is 14 years old, sadly she's unable to vote this time.

Now nobody is going to take me seriously. :(

I think that was probably MunchyBrain's decision whether she wanted that to be known or not, you shouldn't be giving out other people's information. In any case, it doesn't make any difference to me whether she's 14 or 40, or whether or not she can vote. She's still able to form and articulate her opinion, something she does well and often from what I've seen.

1) I actually hate Sid Vicious, and the Sex Pistols

2) Some of the people going on this DO vote, but they just want to show that they're not happy with the non-choice they've had, and that there isn't a single politician who represents the views of normal people.

Fair enough. I respect their complaints wholeheartedly if they vote as well, but if they don't then it seems to me there isn't much ground for complaint. If you want a change, do something, but your voice is worth nothing (well, not quite nothing) if you don't try and see the best of a bad situation.

By the way, if you think none of the candidates represent the views of ordinary people, I suggest you take a look at Lindsey German, the Left List candidate. She'll be getting my vote.

Coiff.

24pmq0l.jpg

28b4lqr.jpg

2vaglnc.jpg

k3stis.jpg
ummmmmmmmmmmmm, why is the demo on the second when voting is on the 1st? :confused:

They announce the results on the 2nd, as I said, this isn't about getting people not to vote.

As for the Left List candidate, I recognise that she is probably the best of a bad bunch (hence why she is not targeted on the stickers).

They announce the results on the 2nd, as I said, this isn't about getting people not to vote.

As for the Left List candidate, I recognise that she is probably the best of a bad bunch (hence why she is not targeted on the stickers).
*shrugs* Ken's done ok if you ask me, and I've lived her for years.

Now nobody is going to take me seriously. :(

In a strange way, I respect you more for this. I know other Solo members has expressed this before, and I'm just going to reiterate it, but many people including myself have given up on protesting. Things never seem to change and it's very easy to be apathetic. While I still financially contribute to many pressure groups, I'm certainly not as active as I used to be. These days I simply vote for the least worst candidate or tactically vote if I'm in fear of the Tories winning a seat wherever I am living at the time.

I decided to ressurect this thread, because it's only, like, a week away, even though it's painfully obvious nobody here is interested. :D

I think the reason for this is because few people on here are from London and therefore care very little! You only need to read the epilogue of Marcone's Pies and Prejudice to find out what the rest on the UK thinks of London and the London based media. At present the newspaper's are swamped with articles on the London election and the majority of people reading those papers can't vote and rarely visit London. That London-centric view infuriates the rest of the UK to such a degree that you can't imagine! (But I can't say much as I'll have a London address within a few weeks!)

Anyway - keep up the good protesting work! :)

I agree, The Left-List caddidate gets my vote

Ken ain't perfect but he's done more than OK.
The Evening Standard has been a shameless propaganda organ for BJ. Their bias against Ken has made them look ridiculous.
Not Boris, please. What a disaster that would be..:(:(

I'm rushing back form Cambridge on 1st May, because I want my vote to count.

Thanks, Munchykins for the thread. :p

I think that was probably MunchyBrain's decision whether she wanted that to be known or not, you shouldn't be giving out other people's information. In any case, it doesn't make any difference to me whether she's 14 or 40, or whether or not she can vote. She's still able to form and articulate her opinion, something she does well and often from what I've seen.

Coiff.

I agree, how dare a mod or anyone for that matter give out personal information without consent, surely it's a breach of the TOS? Should a public apology not be the order of the day after the person in question has completed their ban?

love

Grim

Are you having a bad day or just showing paternal instinct towards younger members?

Munchy discloses her birthday on her profile which isn't a secret.

I just found Coiff's reply was rather harsh.

You and some others missed, but cornelius blaze posted her and MadamChaos' joint birthday thread last week.

Last edited:
Are you having a bad day or just showing paternal instinct towards younger members?

Munchy discloses her birthday on her profile which isn't a secret.

You and some others missed, but cornelius blaze posted her and MadamChaos' joint birthday thread last week.

I don't know what a bad day is tbh! Paternal instinct maybe but that was subconcious act if so.

You did undermine her arguement though without permission & would you not think that it could be an harrassment? If she was happy to disclose her information in this thread then surely she would have? If you look at her reply to you you'll see one of these :( what do you think that means?

love

Grim

If you look at her reply to you you'll see one of these :( what do you think that means?

it might mean that she's 14 years old and getting upset & melodramatic about something that a grown-up person might not have time or inclination to think about very much.

in fairness to her, i don't think she was being sufficiently naff to think of it as "harrassment", though.

Last edited:
Tags
london politics
Back
Top Bottom