Maui, HI - Maui Arts and Cultural Center's Castle Theater (May 18, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

• Morrissey at Castle Theater | Maui, Hawaii | 5/18/2012 - The Rock Subculture Journal. Review, photos, videos by Jason DeBord.
  • Photo from brendanms / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

maui_pass.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Maui, HI - Maui Arts and Cultural Center's Castle Theater (May 18, 2012)

oh, how I wish I could be there....and Honolulu too.
What a band. They go from strength to strength. You only have to see Youtube and
Morrissey ~ Japan Tour 2012 24th April Zepp Tokyo to see and HEAR that.
Morrissey is just truly amazing.

ps. it' raining (again) here in England, so don't come back for a while !

Re: Article: Maui, HI - Maui Arts and Cultural Center's Castle Theater (May 18, 2012)

Setlist?

How Soon is Now?,
You Have Killed Me,
Alma Matters,
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris,
You're The One For Me, Fatty
Everyday is like Sunday,
Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me,
First of the Gang to Die,
People Are The Same Everywhere,
Meat is Murder
Let Me Kiss You,
To Give (Is The Reason I Live),
Black Cloud,
I Will See You in Far Off Places,
Ouija Board, Ouija Board,
Scandinavia
I Know It's Over,
When Last I Spoke to Carol,

e: Still Ill

Great concert, Boz in silver dress, band in matching 'action t-shirts' some great chatter from Morrissey who was in great voice with a really BIG quiff today!

At one point he seemed to make yet another reference to MorrisseysWorld when he said "Boz will NOT be changing his outfit, despite popular demand!"

his singing during i know it's over was magnificent, wow what a beautiful way to draw things towards a conclusion, plenty of smiths songs

also Morrissey smiled at the end and waved

I didn't see any roses

Sabby

review taken from http://www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

thanks to Sabby and that site

apparent point of reference for Boz's change of dress is the fake interview granted by Morrisseysworld to http://www.followingthemozziah.blogspot.com

Can morrissey please play gang lord tomorrow in Honolulu? Pushing my luck, boxers!!!

Nobody knows.

Wow...the working promo picture of James Dean as a child - what is that for? Are they available to purchase? That is just beautiful!! Can't wait to see/ hear more about the show!

How Soon is Now?,
You Have Killed Me,
Alma Matters,
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris,
You're The One For Me, Fatty
Everyday is like Sunday,
Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me,
First of the Gang to Die,
People Are The Same Everywhere,
Meat is Murder
Let Me Kiss You,
To Give (Is The Reason I Live),
Black Cloud,
I Will See You in Far Off Places,
Ouija Board, Ouija Board,
Scandinavia
I Know It's Over,
When Last I Spoke to Carol,

e: Still Ill

Great concert, Boz in silver dress, band in matching 'action t-shirts' some great chatter from Morrissey who was in great voice with a really BIG quiff today!

At one point he seemed to make yet another reference to MorrisseysWorld when he said "Boz will NOT be changing his outfit, despite popular demand!"

his singing during i know it's over was magnificent, wow what a beautiful way to draw things towards a conclusion, plenty of smiths songs

also Morrissey smiled at the end and waved

I didn't see any roses

Sabby

review taken from http://www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

thanks to Sabby and that site

apparent point of reference for Boz's change of dress is the fake interview granted by Morrisseysworld to http://www.followingthemozziah.blogspot.com

Like f*** it was. Stop it with your utter, utter bullshit.

P.

Good show.

Morrissey drew a wide and diverse Maui audience, ranging from 50-year old white males, all the way to 18-year old white males. Actually there were females and a h of asians & mixed locals, but the majority of the crowd def. looked a bit over the hill.

Kristeen Young opened to an less than half empty concert hall with a 40 min set, felt bad for her but she carried on like a champ. Moz blasted through the setlist and was very chatty, handing the mic off to ppl. in the pit. No crowd sing-alongs unlike some of the epic Indo concert footy and the man seemed to notice during Everyday Sunday. Hopefully Oahu will be more receptive.

Best part was the encore. About a dozen stage rush attempts with about half of them being successful hugs. Security dropped the hammer with effective cross face chicken wings and big boots. Leis were thrown on stage and Moz reluctantly picked them up and put them on only to rip them apart and throw the flowers into the audience. One shirt toss and 4 drum sticks were other freebies.

Bummer he didn't play There is a Light. Setlist is missing Shoplifters.

"In your land of sunshine...I hope I brought a little shadow" - Moz

"In your land of sunshine...I hope I brought a little shadow" - Moz

Lol. :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom