Have you matured?

• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
D

DAVIE

Surely people mature through physical changes, but do many people actually mature mentally, socially and emotionally? Do we really? Or do we simply think we have? Is "maturing" simply a label to put on people who have grown older?

Depends on the time of day, if my needs are being met, if I feel safe. SOmetimes I am the voice of absolute confidence and reason. Sometimes I am a whiney little kid. Literally. Just depends. So I guess I'd say no, I haven't matured since sometimes I feel vulnerable like a child. Not all the time though.

"The only difference between children and adults is
that there is no one to take care of us." Gary Warne

Maturing often seems to be used synonymous with 'accepting limitations'.

If I think about what has been called "mature", it seems to be a linear arrangement - not necessarily a coming to terms - of inner logic with outer realities.
If this is so, it takes time and the ability to reflect experience, otherwise you just become accepting without drawing out what's latently there.

I doubt I have accepted I have matured....I am forced to mature due to my age, but even maturing your 20s? I think even when your 25 your still mentally and emotionally immature than some who has reached the age of 40. With that in hand, I know many people over the age of 40 who are still immature and will always be that way...

I doubt I have accepted I have matured....I am forced to mature due to my age, but even maturing your 20s? I think even when your 25 your still mentally and emotionally immature than some who has reached the age of 40. With that in hand, I know many people over the age of 40 who are still immature and will always be that way...

Never grow old Davie,never,ever grow old

Surely people mature through physical changes, but do many people actually mature mentally, socially and emotionally? Do we really? Or do we simply think we have? Is "maturing" simply a label to put on people who have grown older?

if you could write like this at age 5, then no - you haven't matured.

Do I detect someone failing at being funny?

I don't know what you detect - but consider this: not maturing emotionally, socially or mentally is considered a medical condition.

You wouldn't have been able to ask that very question if you hadn't "matured". And those that didn't mature, won't be able to answer your question.

That's all I wanted to say.

I don't know what you detect - but consider this: not maturing emotionally, socially or mentally is considered a medical condition.

You wouldn't have been able to ask that very question if you hadn't "matured". And those that didn't mature, won't be able to answer your question.

That's all I wanted to say.

Thank you, I must say that is more understandable for me to read :lbf:

I think most people don't ever mature. It first dawned on me when I was a kid and was watching our local politicians being all ridiculous on TV. They were exactly like stupid cowardly 10 year old boys in front of their school principal. Like they did some mischief and didn't know how to save their asses. "No, sir, it wasn't me, sir, it was Johnny, I have no idea how this country all of a sudden found itself in ruins'. And I thought 'Jeez, they are like the boys in my class. And I actually thought we WOULD grow up.'
I voted 'No', but that was an act of being overly self-critical. I'm now stronger that I ever was before. That stems from a great thing about maturing: I got to realize that the world is not as frightenly kafkaesque as I thought it was. There are rules and regulations and doing the right things will actually keep you on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom