Matt Walker FB/IG: Studio La Fabrique pictures shared (May 7, 2020)

ad1fcd4964c35c06499883883a410d2e.jpg

8343f85f1cda06d6f5978668062b1468.jpg73e9427648e095cdcadf23f7dd759c80.jpged0053183cf4216fdc61f2bd9e8621b3.jpg6935288146e8fb102931d240d5b5f488.jpg85486c96e3ae3b9c0972091af1a98f64.jpg7a69714142931701528c525fa99181ee.jpg39100e0039563cf1eab4f7effe48d2c0.jpg

"tbt. studio la fabrique 2019.

#iamnotadogonachain #studiolafabrique #officialtamadrums #zildjiancymbals"

Not something that gets shared often - so worthy of including here.
A few snaps of the studio setup during the Dog sessions.
Regards,
FWD.

Update: May 8, 2020 - Matt added another 10 images here:

I wish I could get into Nick Cave. I'm sure I'm missing out on something.
If you don't like a singer's voice then you don't like a singer's voice. It really is that simple.
Nick Cave's is awful.
It's the reason why I don't listen to Radiohead, B Dylan and many others. No big mystery, really.

If you don't like a singer's voice then you don't like a singer's voice. It really is that simple.
Nick Cave's is awful.
It's the reason why I don't listen to Radiohead, B Dylan and many others. No big mystery, really.

Not quite. Sometimes a song, if finds you at the right moment, right place, can re-evaluate your attitude towards a singer/band. If it happens, it's a fantastic moment. I am sure there are Morrissey fans out there who couldn't stand his voice for long then once suddenly they ticked. This is the real magic of music.

The Labrador picture... looks suspiciously like the St Paul asylum where Van Gogh was committed as a bit of mentalist. It's probably not but it's a beautiful part of the world and easy to see how musicians/ artists must really love St Remy de Provence.
PS Hope Morrissey is never there in August as they have a bullrunning festival round the town.

Floor plan, guide and gallery here:

No sign of the World Peace bike in the gallery, but it certainly is in idyllic countryside.
Regards,
FWD.
There's photos with Radiohead recording A Moon Shaped Pool there which was released four years ago today.

Update - May 8, 2020:

Another 10 scenic shots shared by Matt:

95d5e7dcd0c4d71bbf7c809975465c99.jpg

Any music readers know what song Tibbles is lying on? :)
Regards,
FWD.

Update - May 8, 2020:

Another 10 scenic shots shared by Matt:

View attachment 56332

Any music readers know what song Tibbles is lying on? :)
Regards,
FWD.

nice pics especially the first.im sure somebody here will be able to work out the song by the sheet music.

Good album
A great album! As much as I love Morrissey, I think I’d have to rate Nick Cave even higher as a lyricist (And The Bad Seeds are a better band than Moz has had backing him in a long time).

Ok will do. The only one I own is that Flowers in the abattoir one. I probably got the name wrong.
Abattoir Blues and The Lyre of Orpheus is the best Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds album! (Actually a double album).

His sound has changed a lot from the first Bad Seeds album, From Her to Eternity, in 1984 (even that was a big change from his previous band, The Birthday Party), and varied so much over the years that it’s hard to say where to start or even point to one album as emblematic of the whole. Listening to From Her to Eternity (very bluesy & more traditional rock and punk) and his latest, Ghosteen (nearly all analog synths, almost no guitar, bass or drums), it‘s hard to imagine they were made by the same singer/songwriter (though the Bad Seeds lineup has changed a lot since 1984, especially with Warren Ellis taking Mick Harvey’s place for the last dozen or so years as Cave’s main songwriting partner; other than Harvey and Blixa leaving though, they’ve had a pretty stable core lineup since the early ‘90s).

Perhaps the best place to start is the 3-disc, career-spanning compilation, Lovely Creatures, released in 2017, to get a good flavor of the whole arc of Cave’s career and artistic progression.

Abattoir Blues and The Lyre of Orpheus is the best Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds album! (Actually a double album).

His sound has changed a lot from the first Bad Seeds album, From Her to Eternity, in 1984 (even that was a big change from his previous band, The Birthday Party), and varied so much over the years that it’s hard to say where to start or even point to one album as emblematic of the whole. Listening to From Her to Eternity (very bluesy & more traditional rock and punk) and his latest, Ghosteen (nearly all analog synths, almost no guitar, bass or drums), it‘s hard to imagine they were made by the same singer/songwriter (though the Bad Seeds lineup has changed a lot since 1984, especially with Warren Ellis taking Mick Harvey’s place for the last dozen or so years as Cave’s main songwriting partner; other than Harvey and Blixa leaving though, they’ve had a pretty stable core lineup since the early ‘90s).

Perhaps the best place to start is the 3-disc, career-spanning compilation, Lovely Creatures, released in 2017, to get a good flavor of the whole arc of Cave’s career and artistic progression.
abattoir blues/the lyre of Orpheus is my favourite as well!
cannibals hymn, hiding all away, nature boy, there she goes my beautiful world, let the bells ring, breathless, so many amazing songs. the only one I don't love is fable of the brown ape, because it kind of scares the shit out of me

Okay I'll give the lovely creatures thing a go then. I bought Abattoir Blues/The Lyre Of Orpheus on double CD when it came out but never exhausted its potential so I should give it a re listen.

Last edited:
abattoir blues/the lyre of Orpheus is my favourite as well!
cannibals hymn, hiding all away, nature boy, there she goes my beautiful world, let the bells ring, breathless, so many amazing songs. the only one I don't love is fable of the brown ape, because it kind of scares the shit out of me
Fable is probably the weirdest song on the album. Supposedly about Blixa (Apparently his middle name is Emmerich, hence the “Farmer Emmerich” in the song. I don't know if that’s true, or what the song really means). The only song I usually skip on the two albums is Get Ready, For Love - the rest is brilliant.

Speaking of Blixa, Einstürzende Neubauten has a new album coming out in the next week or two. The first couple of tracks released on YouTube so far are pretty good. They've changed their sound a lot too since the ’80s, when they used to “play“ power drills, jackhammers, and other assorted machinery on their songs (if you can call some of them that!).

Fable is probably the weirdest song on the album. Supposedly about Blixa (Apparently his middle name is Emmerich, hence the “Farmer Emmerich” in the song. I don't know if that’s true, or what the song really means). The only song I usually skip on the two albums is Get Ready, For Love - the rest is brilliant.

Speaking of Blixa, Einstürzende Neubauten has a new album coming out in the next week or two. The first couple of tracks released on YouTube so far are pretty good. They've changed their sound a lot too since the ’80s, when they used to “play“ power drills, jackhammers, and other assorted machinery on their songs (if you can call some of them that!).
thanks for the info. ill be checking that out! I love blixa.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom