Matt Walker end of tour blog

Black Eyed

Isn't he gorgeous !!
Morrissey's best ever drummer has put an end of tour blog on his Myspace. Very witty and I found the end sentence very well put and touching :)

the official count. 78 shows. 19 countries.

by some amazing feat of faith and perseverance

we have made it to the end of the years of refusal tour.

not without a few speed bumps of course. but as far as i know, there were no arrests and no trips to the emergency room. not to say injuries were not sustained, but a few scrapes and bruises are to be expected. ( that being said, i haven’t heard the full account of last night’s end of tour blow out, which ended for me by man-handling certain band members into the hotel lift to protect them from our rage filled taxi driver ....)

the last 2 shows were great. i personally think the set we’ve been doing is pretty challenging for the audience, especially for those who are not hard core fans. but from the people i spoke to after the show it seems we held our own and then some. a couple of glamorous moments were had as well. at the after show on tuesday night i had the pleasure of spending a few minutes speaking with stella mccartney and liv tyler, who were both very beautiful and very sweet. and last night, we were introduced by one of my musical heroes, chrissie hynde. that’s pretty damn hard to top.

last night, m asked us what our favorite show of the tour was. for me, our 2 nights at the barrow-lands in glasgow stand out, as well as the whole german run. maybe bremen?

warsaw was quite good as well. so, i guess i don’t really know. in the few weeks i’ll poke around youtube and see what’s out there. my brain is fuzzy and my body is worn down but my heart is buzzing in anticipation of getting home and reuniting with my family.

Morrissey's best ever drummer has put an end of tour blog on his Myspace. Very witty and I found the end sentence very well put and touching :)

the official count. 78 shows. 19 countries.

by some amazing feat of faith and perseverance

we have made it to the end of the years of refusal tour.

not without a few speed bumps of course. but as far as i know, there were no arrests and no trips to the emergency room. not to say injuries were not sustained, but a few scrapes and bruises are to be expected. ( that being said, i haven’t heard the full account of last night’s end of tour blow out, which ended for me by man-handling certain band members into the hotel lift to protect them from our rage filled taxi driver ....)

the last 2 shows were great. i personally think the set we’ve been doing is pretty challenging for the audience, especially for those who are not hard core fans. but from the people i spoke to after the show it seems we held our own and then some. a couple of glamorous moments were had as well. at the after show on tuesday night i had the pleasure of spending a few minutes speaking with stella mccartney and liv tyler, who were both very beautiful and very sweet. and last night, we were introduced by one of my musical heroes, chrissie hynde. that’s pretty damn hard to top.

last night, m asked us what our favorite show of the tour was. for me, our 2 nights at the barrow-lands in glasgow stand out, as well as the whole german run. maybe bremen?

warsaw was quite good as well. so, i guess i don’t really know. in the few weeks i’ll poke around youtube and see what’s out there. my brain is fuzzy and my body is worn down but my heart is buzzing in anticipation of getting home and reuniting with my family.

nice one. thanks for that. odd that Moz should ask something as prosaic as 'which was your favourite show'! didn't realise it was the end tho. wonder what he liked in particular about the German shows...

Cheers Matt, you're an absolute amazing drummer. Glad you enjoyed the tour. Most of the gigs were amazing. My favourite was probably Great Yarmouth. Thank you!!

Thanks for seeing that and posting it! So sweet!

:DI'm over the moon that he would highlight those nights!! I mean, I agree, but I am biased...!

Cheers Matt, you're an absolute amazing drummer. Glad you enjoyed the tour. Most of the gigs were amazing. My favourite was probably Great Yarmouth. Thank you!!

Geek.

:DI'm over the moon that he would highlight those nights!! I mean, I agree, but I am biased...!

I remember the reviews and comments on the main board after those shows as sounding absolutely spectacular! Maybe I'll try to watch some youtubes this weekend from those.

I feel super-jealous of people who get to go to shows in the fall! :( It's only been 4 months since mine and it seems like 4 years already. :tears:

I agree as well. After loads of shows on this current tour, I also think the two Glasgow gigs were definitely a couple of the best, by far. Berlin also stands out, as does Belfast. Barrowlands is such a great venue too.

I remember the reviews and comments on the main board after those shows as sounding absolutely spectacular! Maybe I'll try to watch some youtubes this weekend from those.

I feel super-jealous of people who get to go to shows in the fall! :( It's only been 4 months since mine and it seems like 4 years already. :tears:
This wasn't my video and its not the best quality but it captures the best 1 minute 5 secs of the year for me and never fails to make me grin like a lunatic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QpeM9-AKAM

I think for the Scottish fans the relief of him returning to the Barras after the warehouse-sized SECC is evident as soon as the first note is played...In comparison it felt like he was playing my front room...!

Thanks, Black Eyed -nice find. Such a kick ass drummer! :guitar: :bow:

Should we start calling Morrissey "M" now? (I like it) Moz is even too much to say... ;)

I'd be nervous if I had a ticket to the Birmingham show with all this talk of "end of tour." Unless he's going to change refusal into acceptance or some crazy thing. :rolleyes: (A girl can dream.)

Bremen? Why? I was there. The show was only - in my view - mediocre. The Show in Odense in Denmark the next day was much better and a lot more intimate than the big Pier 2.

My best show of the tour:
Odense, Denmark

interesting that he highlights bremen..berlin was wild and hot while bremen was receptive but polite (not pushy in the front for example) but was not in the overdrive mode as morrissey gigs should be...but it was a good concert;-)

the sex pistols drummer was also there (post from main board)

Re:The Sex Pistols drummer Paul Cook (Score:1)
Paul was there with his friend Mark,- me whom makes the films for his new band Manraze. I look young, but not young enough to be his son. Backstage Moz met Stella McCartney for a long chinwag and an awestruck Liv Tyler whom just smiled adoringly at the master.
I got to meet my childhood fancy and of course was slightly tougue tied as the Mozman was flanked by 2 nasty geeks. I reminded Moz of how I first paid 25p to see him perform in my SU bar at Sheffield Uni andI'm still coming now.
I think Moz didn't like it that my Westwood shirt was more English gentlemanly than his raggedy one that he was wearing backstage and consequently tounge tied him-nicethought anyhow!

I thought the sound was awful but loved the show.mark
markthemanager -- Wednesday July 22 2009, @12:50AM (#337032)
(User #22819 Info)

and an awestruck Liv Tyler whom just smiled adoringly at the master.
:)

Back
Top Bottom