massive morrissey/the smiths collection being sold on ebay..starts tonight 7.00pm uk

I'm off to live abroad soon so the collection must go..53 smiths singles starting tonight, 55 moz singles starting tomorrow night and much much more to follow..some nice raritie's included.good luck guy's. Aboyfromthoseuglynewhouses(Daz)

Re: massive morrissey/the smiths collection being sold on ebay..starts tonight 7.00pm

Link?

Re: massive morrissey/the smiths collection being sold on ebay..starts tonight 7.00pm

That's an impressive collection - shame you are having to sell it, but I wonder if there are some gems that you are keeping hold of?

I'll be keeping my eye on one or two of these that I don't have in my collection.

Good luck with the sale and the move.

Dave

Jesus, I've never seen such a collection. How sad to have to sell all of this for a hardcore fan obviously such as yourself. Puts my collection for sale to shame. Good luck!

Ooh, selling that has gotta hurt! It really must be love!! And to think of the 'shall I, shan't I?' dilemma I've been having regarding my Pregnant promo! I shall postpone sale of mine until your extravaganza is over.

Good luck with the sale and the move.

Is it just me or are some of these items selling at crazy prices, like 2 to 3 times the normal amount they sell for on ebay? I've been interested in some of the items and have bid on some but they have been skyrocketing. $84 for a Jack the Ripper 7", over $200 for a My Love Life promo 7", over $400 for a French There is a Light.. 7", etc. Good for the seller, he's gonna make lots of money but I've been really surprised by some of those prices.

Is it just me or are some of these items selling at crazy prices, like 2 to 3 times the normal amount they sell for on ebay? I've been interested in some of the items and have bid on some but they have been skyrocketing. $84 for a Jack the Ripper 7", over $200 for a My Love Life promo 7", over $400 for a French There is a Light.. 7", etc. Good for the seller, he's gonna make lots of money but I've been really surprised by some of those prices.

Geez, may be time to sell my French "There is a Light...".

this stuff is going to keep going up. people are going to put away this stuff and less and less going to come to market

He is going together raped with them eBay/PayPal fees though.

All his items appear to be in EX Condition which is not always the case. So that is a point in his favour.

Cheers Moz

All his items appear to be in EX Condition which is not always the case. So that is a point in his favour.

Cheers Moz

That's true but some of those prices are very high. My theory is that when one person has a big collection like this, it just attracts more buyers than a random person selling one item. For example, if I'm specifically searching for There is a Light 7" and I come across his auction, then I end up clicking on the link to see what else this seller has for sale and I see a bunch more good stuff. I feel like I've seen this in the past where a person with a ton of good items like this gets really high prices for them. Like you said, the condition helps and people probably trust that this is a diehard fan who has kept them in good shape.

He is going together raped with them eBay/PayPal fees though.

He's made it back on postage costs, £3.75 for a 12" is enough.

He's just quoted me £3.75 for a signed for packaged - not much profit (if any) in that once you add a decent record envelope.

Dave

Do you think £39 shipped to the U.S. is fair for 2 12" and 7 7" records?

OK, Not to big to say I was wrong, I'm sorry for the remark i made as to £3.75 being enough, and insinuating profit would be made. My package arrived today and I must say it was the one of the best packed items i've received, the stamp was for £3.66, the mailer and vinyl sleeve was way more than 9p so this cost the seller to send me this.

A side note I would have been happy if I had bought this if it had been described as mint or as new, item under described.

OK, Not to big to say I was wrong, I'm sorry for the remark i made as to £3.75 being enough, and insinuating profit would be made. My package arrived today and I must say it was the one of the best packed items i've received, the stamp was for £3.66, the mailer and vinyl sleeve was way more than 9p so this cost the seller to send me this.

A side note I would have been happy if I had bought this if it had been described as mint or as new, item under described.

So are you going to photograph and post under 'your latest buy...'?

I've haven't paid for mine yet as there are other items coming up that I'm interested in.

Dave

It's nothing very exciting Dave just 12" hole filling having said that nearly completed UK 12" vinyls Now just the ones that go for £30+ left to get, and I have to admit that galls me to be giving that for a £5 record. I like many fell into the CD thing back in the day and ignored the vinyl which I love. So there's gaps, and its costing me. I Mean I'm from the era when albums where £3.99 and single 99p (£1.49 for a 12" single)(please see signature). Having said that I still love opening a new vinyl package and checking it out, although not as much as the trip home on the number 50 bus to Duchy rd (Salford) clutching that plastic carrier bag. It's pathetic but I still take a trip into Manchester to buy that new special release from town, although I wouldn't know what bus to get these days.

I'll post pics in latest buy, i'll keep you in suspense as to what it is till you get over there, just like being on a number 50 bus.

Hi guys, its the fan selling the collection here..it is all in pretty good shape and if any one thinks i'm charging too much for postage well thats too bad, i'm sending them very well packed and insured.I Need items to be signed for as there are too many cheap dogs on ebay that think they can get a free ride, if the post is too much for you then please dont bid, i'm not taking chances, it's took too long to put this lot together to get messed about.Proper collectors among'st you will understand.A LOT OF THIS IS BETTER THAN I'VE DESCRIBED AS I'M NOT LOOKING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF-JUST NEED TO SELL DUE TO MOVING ABROAD SOON. Good luck to any bidders, any problems give me a shout via ebay.Daz

I've just gone back and taken a look at what is left for sale... bloody hell, there's loads left... There isn't much that I don't have (one or two things that I will be bidding on) but it scares me to think how much I will have spent on my collection over the years... Thankfully, my partners only knows about half of it!

Dave

Back
Top Bottom