Marvel Studios (Morrissey mentioned in Ant-Man & the Wasp trailer) - Morrissey Central

(Mention at 0:52)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/marvel-studios

Posted a couple of times via SER on social media - now linked to on Central.
Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE July 6:

Posted by BoyWithTheThornInHisSide:

So I saw the latest Ant-Man tonight, and was surprised that there were a couple of Morrissey references to be found within! Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) actually has "Everyday is Like Sunday" as his ringtone! And there's a quick flashback story that Luis (Michael Peña) tells that involves a jukebox that only plays Morrissey songs. I stayed through the end of the credits and in addition to "Sunday", "The First of the Gang to Die" was also listed (though I don't remember hearing it). I've got to say, I might have been the only one in my theater who got the references, but I was delighted! The movie was pretty good (the standard popcorn fare with large doses of humor), but made only cooler by Morrissey! What do you guys think? He must have signed off on it, right? Do you think he's "selling out" or is he actually just embracing his recognition as a popular icon? I vote for the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Let's remember the good times rather than the foreigner-hating arsehole he's become. I wonder how all his Mexican 'fans' like his current anti-immigration, racist appeasing stance? I'd wager this film was made before Moz became a bigoted tool.

MOZ gets mentioned by the OTHER SUPERHEROES.:rock:

Skinny must just have developed a symptom. (from a bad fungi):laughing:

Yeah. Let's remember the good times rather than the foreigner-hating arsehole he's become. I wonder how all his Mexican 'fans' like his current anti-immigration, racist appeasing stance? I'd wager this film was made before Moz became a bigoted tool.

If anybody complained, she'd be like "adios!"

LA Mexican here. Personally, I find his comments vile and inexcusable. Unfortunately, until Morrissey expands his anti-Islamic rhetoric to include Hispanics, there won't be much of a backlash from his Hispanic fan base.

FFS ye all need to lighten up. Its a reference to Moz, similar to The Cure Disintegration from Ant Man. At least half the people on this site hate Moz. So why bother? Same scratched boring broken record coming from ye the whole time.

Being anti-immigration is cool. It shows you value different cultures and want them preserved. Here in the UK mass immigration from Africa and the Middle East is set to turn the English into an ethnic minority in their own country. In accommodating other cultures, English culture itself will be swallowed up and foreigners will have to compromise their own cultures. Nobody gains anything. But too many people live their lives without any insight of what happens beyond five minutes into the future.

I think Mexicans have something far worse to focus on right now than Morrissey being an asshole, but you know...

EDIT: Hey Eric- are you all for stealing children away from parents and internment camps then? Jesus f***ing Christ... I wish the jam on my toast were as thick as some of the people on this site.

Last edited:
MOZ gets mentioned by the OTHER SUPERHEROES.:rock:

Skinny must just have developed a symptom. (from a bad fungi):laughing:
Dude, it's Ant-man. I mean, he's really kind of the Aquaman of the Marvel Universe, but they let him play with the big boys sometimes. He's not exactly top-tier I wanna-be-that-guy-when-I-grow-up material.

Reckon this brings back memories mate. Lil' Sammy loved comic books when was a kid. I reckon Jack and lil' Sammy trading comic books, Calabasas Little League, all night bon fires roastin' marshmallows on Malibu getting baked listening to Spacemen 3. Top mental inn nn n n n it.

Dude, it's Ant-man. I mean, he's really kind of the Aquaman of the Marvel Universe, but they let him play with the big boys sometimes. He's not exactly top-tier I wanna-be-that-guy-when-I-grow-up material.

So true. His movie was funny though. It was a good idea to make that one comedic

So true. His movie was funny though. It was a good idea to make that one comedic
Honestly, I can't think of a modern Marvel movie (since they started the whole MCU business) that wasn't enjoyable on some level. Everybody needs some good dumb fun sometimes.

Honestly, I can't think of a modern Marvel movie (since they started the whole MCU business) that wasn't enjoyable on some level. Everybody needs some good dumb fun sometimes.

I don’t mind them but I get annoyed when so many people I know think they’re like amazing or a big event on some serious level. They’re very corney and honestly I think for the most part the acting is terrible but a few I’ve enjoyed. Paul Rudd is funny and the newest Thor movie was surprisingly funny (loved Jeff goldblume). I have read many many superhero comics in my youth though and it’s fun to watch them from time to time

I don’t mind them but I get annoyed when so many people I know think they’re like amazing or a big event on some serious level. They’re very corney and honestly I think for the most part the acting is terrible but a few I’ve enjoyed. Paul Rudd is funny and the newest Thor movie was surprisingly funny (loved Jeff goldblume). I have read many many superhero comics in my youth though and it’s fun to watch them from time to time
Quiet. You don't want to mention toxic fandom on a site like this...

I'd wager that you're a moron. Two reasons because I know you pretend to like evidence except when it's actually presented and then you pretend not to see it.
1) Morrissey's anti-immigration stance has nothing to do with "Mexicans" since his comments about immigration are always about England. He is an immigrant in the US and is against Trump. He has a song called "Mexico" that expresses his feelings about Mexicans. Nowhere in that song is there a line like "shelve your northern dreams." Morrissey isn't trying to stop Mexicans from coming to the US.
Now the irony here is that you see all "foreigners" as being sort of a homogeneous group. "Foreigners" is a really funny way to label immigrants when you're trying so hard to be the savior of the human race here. Also, while the word "Mexican" is not derogatory the word you might be looking for is "Latino" as in "Morrissey's Latino fanbase." Not all Latinos are Mexicans and unfortunately "Mexican" is sometimes used here the way "Paki" is used there. It's a word that shouldn't mean anything bad but it's used as a slur.
2) When do you think this film was made? Because "Bengali In Platforms" is thirty years old and clearly states "shelve your Western plans" and "life is hard enough when you belong here." In other words "stay where you is," as he puts it in another song. It's explicitly anti-immigration and it was made decades before this film that has you staying so pressed.

Oh, look in the mirror mate.

FFS ye all need to lighten up. Its a reference to Moz, similar to The Cure Disintegration from Ant Man. At least half the people on this site hate Moz. So why bother? Same scratched boring broken record coming from ye the whole time.

Yep, I was also reminded of the snippet of Plainsong in the final battle scenes of Ant-Man.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom