Martin Shkreli claims to have unreleased Smiths songs and will release them soon

You could start with cheaper drug costs, you reprehensible vermin. Let's aim higher.

Not even unreleased smiths nirvana music would have me say anything nice about this guy. He can keep them

I have no actual idea of what he has. But I'm guessing, it's stuff that is technically unreleased but that most of us have heard. All the demos/alternate version of stuff that have leaked in the last few years. Not sure what he could really have beyond that.

im sorry, i have never heard of this guy before, why is he an idiot?

I have no actual idea of what he has. But I'm guessing, it's stuff that is technically unreleased but that most of us have heard. All the demos/alternate version of stuff that have leaked in the last few years. Not sure what he could really have beyond that.

my thoughts exactly.

Apart from the Elvis cover, maybe he has the full version of this?

needs a bullet between the eyes

Eh, I watched a stream he made last night and he kind of won me over. He is definitely a bit of a troll, but I think he had some good intentions.
His company Turing Pharmaceuticals, according to him, was planning on making their money by developing new drugs for rare diseases that other companies don't care about or put anything into development for. He said Turing was going to spend 70% of revenue of research for these drugs (which is a lot by biotech company standards) and the way he was going to raise a lot of that money (besides ripping off investors, what he was eventually arrested for in case you thought justice was being served for the price jacking) was buying Daraprim which was a relatively cheap and easy drug to make and raising the price for maximum profit. He said the price would basically be a hit on insurance companies and not regular people, Turing does sell to hospitals at discounted rates but insurance companies ended up passing the price along to users with co-pays anyway. Daraprim is a simple drug with no patent preventing any other company from stepping up and making a generic, but regulations make the cost of entry pretty high and most pharmaceutical companies don't see the point in developing for that small market for such little profit. But anyway, Shkreli stepped down from the company in December and whatever happens with Daraprim, or Turing in general, is out of his hands now. I still think it was neat of him to try pouring money into research for other rare diseases that often get overlooked but I get why people would question his intentions and dislike him too.
Hopefully, he releases that Smiths stuff soon.

if all of the above is true, i suppose i may have to reconsider my opinion on him

Yes. When it comes to accused con-artists who are on bail, I find that the best thing is just to take their side of the story at face value.

Tags
the smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom