Martin Luther King "I Have A Dream" speech 45 years old today

Musley

wild and free
I have just read the speech in full and was moved to tears just reading it, I can't imagine how it must have felt hearing him speak it out loud.

it'll sure make the fact that Obama makes his acceptance speech tonight, even that more moving. I might have to whip out the kleenex for this one :o

it'll sure make the fact that Obama makes his acceptance speech tonight, even that more moving. I might have to whip out the kleenex for this one :o

Is that coincidence or do you think it was planned?

Is that coincidence or do you think it was planned?

well I have a feeling that they scheduled the week of the Convention way before we knew Obama would be the democratic candidate (only a couple months ago), so I'm gonna have to go with coincidence on this one.

well I have a feeling that they scheduled the week of the Convention way before we knew Obama would be the democratic candidate (only a couple months ago), so I'm gonna have to go with coincidence on this one.

Well, like you said, it may be time to get the tissues out:tears::tears:
After reading the speech it makes you realise why so many black people still distrust and hate the whites. I felt a bit ashamed, so I don't know what the German people must feel about the Holocaust. God I am being serious this morning!

I certainly hope the speech anniversary receives its rightful media reporting today, rather than the usual 'celebrity' non news events that fill the papers.

Jukebox Jury

After reading the speech it makes you realise why so many black people still distrust and hate the whites. I felt a bit ashamed, so I don't know what the German people must feel about the Holocaust. God I am being serious this morning!

Most Germans are incredibly embarressed about the Holocaust, kind of in denial to themselves. Germany has really strong Antifa groups, and that is counteracted with a lot of neo-nazis as well. Basically every country in Europe has worse Nazi problems than the UK though, which is nice. I know antifascists who don't go back to their home countries because it's two dangerous. People from Italy and places. This went really off-topic, sorry.

don't be silly why should you feel ashmed about something that happen before you was born.

I certainly hope the speech anniversary receives its rightful media reporting today, rather than the usual 'celebrity' non news events that fill the papers.

no it be a side note....the important news is the chap being called a liar on X factor!

Last edited by a moderator:
don't be silly why should you feel ashmed about something that happen before you was born.

Collective responsibility, & stuff... When you belong to a "genocidal nation" (or race) then it is your fault and people will make sure to scold you for it. It's common knowledge, ask anyone :p

Obama was wonderful tonight. he mentioned MLKs speech briefly, at the end of his speech. it was good stuff. :)

Back
Top Bottom