Marr plays Smiths - NME (November 4, 2021)

Sure, but I was referring to the style that JM is known for. That said, he’s definitely on my guitarists top 3.
I think he does alright for a guy who’s probably never considered himself a singer.

As for the guitar work…nobody does it better. Oh, and by the way, I like Morrissey, too.

Yes no one does it better than the guitar style that Marr of course plays best and brought to The Smiths.

His guitar playing and song composition during The Smiths has been inspirational to many, will always be.

This is a good point. Whenever Morrissey does the Smiths he seems to undermine the song. Not only is the instrumentation subpar, the vocals are missing passages or changed to something stupid like Trumpshifters of the world. And his HSIN featured what seemed like high pitched barking or something equally unpleasant. At least Johnny honors the song and his voice is strong and effective.

You may want to re-listen to some Smiths era live performances and you will find that some variation of those 'noises' has always been part of his live singing style.

Besides that, is this what 'undermining the song' sounds like...? If so, I'm all for it.

:straightface:
is that a green velvet pajama shirt hes got on?⚧
did he cut up a curtain?🔰

:hammer:

He just screams for a Smiths reunion. Nothing in the world he wants more, inspite of what he says.
If you're referring to Johnny, I don't get that impression at all. He seems to enjoy where he's at and what he's doing... and he's already booked out for a good portion of 2022 (assuming COVID doesn't through a major wrench).

I'm so glad that Moz doesn't want to play with marr. Will never reunite with this leech that tries to keep his low career up playing the smiths tunes that co wrote with Moz. Definitely marr is a crashing bore

You may want to re-listen to some Smiths era live performances and you will find that some variation of those 'noises' has always been part of his live singing style.

Besides that, is this what 'undermining the song' sounds like...? If so, I'm all for it.

Yes, Morrissey tended to resort to making noises when he went off key on stage or had a voice crack during the Smiths. But I didn't appreciate it during half the song now. It's just not called for and I know he had some voice training and he can do better.

Him trying to sing Morrissey's lyrics is wrong on so many levels. It's absurd.

Musical perfection :love: ~ if you strip out the entirety of the vocal {hesitate to use the term 'singing'}. í have honestly heard drunk & high students render this lyric with greater meaning & import than here. í know that he {co}wrote the song, so it's kind of his dibs, but if you squint a certain way, it's the kind of vocal that could be taken as a slap in the face. Not quite Bernard Manning, but in that postcode.

But í would plight my troth to that guitar work.

As for the..barnett, í will only say this ~ it reminded me immediately of 2 things ~ a fella í went to school with called Chas Crawford, a trendy kind of hard nut who appeared with it first. In those days, round our way, they were called 'streaks'. They looked cheap and ridiculous then. And now. But nobody said as much to CC then as he had a well deserved reputation for 'chibbing'. So í feel bad for pointing it out re:JM, given his own glorious handiwork displayed here.
It also reminded me of my 'Aunt' Bridie ~ not an actual Aunt, just a gin buddy of my Mum's ~ who turned up at one of their 'sessions' with a similar hair do and the reaction was such that she didn't come back for the next 2 months...

ps ~ Rule #1 - the drummer should never be better dressed than the 'singer'.

Geezus a bit harsh no?

I'm so glad that Moz doesn't want to play with marr. Will never reunite with this leech that tries to keep his low career up playing the smiths tunes that co wrote with Moz. Definitely marr is a crashing bore
Morrissey sings Smiths songs to

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom