Marr on his current relationship with Moz- intriguing stuff!

Maurice E

This from the Herald interview. Thought it deserved its own thread. It's pretty much the most positive thing I've seen Marr say about their friendship since the split...

"I ask if his meeting with Morrissey in Cheshire was business, revolving around the catalogue. "We wouldn't get together on a business level, because the business isn't that important and we both know that."

Contrary to speculation the pair have met over the years since Marr left the band, something he doesn't regret. Now tee-total he went through a phase of heavy drinking to cope with the strain. Marr achieved his aim of becoming a hit-maker with Morrissey, racking up 19 singles and four albums in five years. Despite the acrimonious split, they've never lost touch: "We do have that shared legacy. If you meet up with the idea of hanging around for a couple of hours and it turns into five or six then that's got to say something. There are fewer fences to be built than people like to believe or would even want to believe."

oh for a photo of the two of them together in the pub!

Last edited:
PLEASE can no one in the journalism industry take my idea of getting them together in one room for a photoshoot and an interview together!? Seriously. It would be so perfect..:tears:

PLEASE can no one in the journalism industry take my idea of getting them together in one room for a photoshoot and an interview together!? Seriously. It would be so perfect..:tears:

I'd rather have a picture of them both on the same stage together (no one put an old picture up:))

I mean they are both friends again now and a reunion between them two would be so special for all the fans and the music industry, i dont want a Smiths reunion, just a MOZ/MARR reunion

I'd rather have a picture of them both on the same stage together (no one put an old picture up:))

I mean they are both friends again now and a reunion between them two would be so special for all the fans and the music industry, i dont want a Smiths reunion, just a MOZ/MARR reunion

Well seeing as Marr says this is unlikely at the moment, I'd settle for what could be more plausible :D
What could be so harmful about an interview with pictures? Neither of them has voiced anything against it -- take the hint, music journalists! :thumb:

Well seeing as Marr says this is unlikely at the moment, I'd settle for what could be more plausible :D
What could be so harmful about an interview with pictures? Neither of them has voiced anything against it -- take the hint, music journalists! :thumb:

Really.......baby steps!

First the photo, then the world tour :guitar:

Maybe this is crazy talk, but I'm just happy to know that they're still friends. I've learned over the years that friendship can be very fragile. A Smiths reunion is somehow less important to me than seeing that bond intact. Then again, I'm one of those odd fans who slightly prefers Morrissey's solo catalog to The Smiths. A quasi-reunion with Moz/Marr and some other hired musicians would be a fairly plausible idea, though. I wonder if they've ever considered it.

Last edited:
An interview wouldn't work because it would inevitably concentrate on all the things they disagree on. They probably avoid such subjects when they meet informally and just stick to safe topics.

An interview wouldn't work because it would inevitably concentrate on all the things they disagree on. They probably avoid such subjects when they meet informally and just stick to safe topics.

Hmm well how about we set up cameras for whenever they meet informally? Goddamit I want to see them in the same camera frame again!! :o

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one". One day...

I was a dreamer once. Reluctantly, I've come to the conclusion that it's more likely that Marr would reunite with Matt Johnson, if ever, than Morrissey.

Last edited:

Mojo did a short piece this month on the Housemartins - first time they'd all been together for about 20 years.

Do they have anything to sell? No. An imminent reformation? No. Just a brief interview to talk about the old days, couple of photos, then they all went off in their separate ways. Brilliant.

Come on Mojo - get on to M & M.

Dave

Jesus, just got mini goosebumps at the thought of a just a silly current pic of Morrissey and Johnny Marr together. I mean, I know what they both look like now but, one of them together at a pub or whatever...f***in AMAZING.
Marr is a no shit honest real guitar player, he's the real deal, and Morrissey is the GREATEST lyricist of ALL TIME...the music they can still create now-TODAY is absolutely mind blowing. Yes, most of us would still want a Smiths reunion however, Im totally open for a MorrisseyMarr one aswell.

I absolutely do believe there will be a Morrissey/Marr reunion within the next three years. I really do. By which I mean a musical one, either recording or performing.

Peter

I absolutely do believe there will be a Morrissey/Marr reunion within the next three years. I really do. By which I mean a musical one, either recording or performing.

Peter

Don't! You'll jinx it! :(

Yes, most of us would still want a Smiths reunion however, Im totally open for a MorrisseyMarr one aswell.

not strictly true, Jill.
more of us would actually prefer a Morrissey/Marr thing than a Smiths reunion (according to polls of people round here at least).
there's so match bad blood between Marr/Morrissey and Joyce Michael that, regardless of the wrongs and rights of the court case, most fans would actually rather just see the two of them back together (with supporting musicians) than the full band.

not strictly true, Jill.
more of us would actually prefer a Morrissey/Marr thing than a Smiths reunion (according to polls of people round here at least).
there's so match bad blood between Marr/Morrissey and Joyce Michael that, regardless of the wrongs and rights of the court case, most fans would actually rather just see the two of them back together (with supporting musicians) than the full band.

PS the promoters know this too. when they offered money for a reunion a couple of years ago, they stipulated that only Marr and Moz need be involved...

We dont need a Smiths reunion because it would never work with Joyce Micheal, although i would be happy to let Andy join in the reunion thing though. Just a Moz/Marr reunion would be all people ask, i mean to be fair Moz and Marr WERE The Smiths

Back
Top Bottom