Marr discussions

now all we need is Morrissey, and any drummer, and we got The Smiths!

Nice to see Johnny throwing Andy a crumb of limelight.

The Killers like most bands are dismissible and won’t make any lasting mark on music history. Fact.

Dismissible by you, maybe. But their song "Mr. Brightside" has been on the UK charts for FIVE years and it clearly has meaning for a lot of people. So they have already made their mark on musical history. Fact.

The Killers are one of the increasingly small number of guitar-based bands that make sense for Johnny Marr to play with, not that he is confined to that genre, but their shows together are doing gangbusters in the US - lots of sold out arenas and great reviews.

Dismissible by you, maybe. But their song "Mr. Brightside" has been on the UK charts for FIVE years and it clearly has meaning for a lot of people. So they have already made their mark on musical history. Fact.
‘meaning for a lot of people’ may be a fact, but it is not a fact that they will make a mark on musical history. When I say make a mark on musical history, I mean, help to change music as we know it.
The Killers are one of the increasingly small number of guitar-based bands that make sense for Johnny Marr to play with, not that he is confined to that genre, but their shows together are doing gangbusters in the US - lots of sold out arenas and great reviews.
As always, loads of pop shit sells out arenas, it means nothing.

:sleeping:

‘meaning for a lot of people’ may be a fact, but it is not a fact that they will make a mark on musical history. When I say make a mark on musical history, I mean, help to change music as we know it.

As always, loads of pop shit sells out arenas, it means nothing.

:sleeping:

Haha, Gotcha!

ah, so you didn’t mean what you said, and were just trolling. Ok, got you.

He doesn’t seem bitter about the Smiths at all. Did you watch the video interview? He’s had the career he’s always dreamed of and earned the respect and friendship of many musicians he admires. He seems really happy with his lot in life.
While I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, the career he’s dreamed of is quite a stretch. While Johnny’s been no doubt successful, it’s from his peak between 1983 and 1987. I get that electronic had a hit record, but really who even really remembers them or talks about it? I’ve often felt he resented living in the shadow Morrissey’s brilliance during The Smiths, and even afterwards. While I don’t mean to compare, I wouldn’t even say Morrissey has had the career he’s dreamed of, but he’s the closest.

Thanks for posting that article about "Mr. Brightside", I've often wondered about that song's insane long-term success here in the UK. (Especially as I find the song almost completely lacking in appeal or interest.)

Has anyone else picked up that Andy doesn't look well? There was a Instagram post earlier this with Johnny where he looked really gaunt and I don't recall seeing him wearing a cap too often. He's my favourite Smith so I'm hope I'm talking cobblers but you can see him saying to the guys he's OK when he first joins them onstage and he doesn't seem too steady on his feet.

Has anyone else picked up that Andy doesn't look well? There was a Instagram post earlier this with Johnny where he looked really gaunt and I don't recall seeing him wearing a cap too often. He's my favourite Smith so I'm hope I'm talking cobblers but you can see him saying to the guys he's OK when he first joins them onstage and he doesn't seem too steady on his feet.
Heroin’ll do that

I did see and think that as well. Hoping his health is good...

Marr’s HSIN sounding absolutely immense. Moz’ version sounds tinny in comparison. Still hoping they iron things out one day.

Marr’s HSIN sounding absolutely immense. Moz’ version sounds tinny in comparison. Still hoping they iron things out one day.

Depends on whether you watch it on you tube or not, Morrissey opened with it in Manchester and I've never heard it sound that good at past Morrissey performances. Morrissey's current line up is just as talented as Johnny's in my opinion.

Last edited:

Hi Johnny, your best bet is to reach out directly to M's management rather than use this forum.

Hi Johnny, your best bet is to reach out directly to M's management rather than use this forum.
I have often wondered about that, esp when a random anonymous person shows up and just starts attacking me over Marr.

Fender Limited Edition Johnny Marr Jaguar in Fever Dream Yellow

"This Fender Limited Edition Johnny Marr Jaguar comes in a bold Fever Dream Yellow finish and is the latest version of his signature guitar. The original version came out in 2012 and has been one of the most popular signature offset models in the company’s history."

Does he really have THAT much hair still, that it needs to stick OUT and AWAY from his head and face for the sheer hair-count-per-inch bona fide, natural born density of it all?

-OR-

Are all of the interviews over the past few years with strange comments interspersed throughout just cunningly disseminated into the public domain to intentionally DEFLECT from the fact that we may actually unknowingly be facing….

A secret toupee???

Back
Top Bottom