Marr discussions

So are you guys the same person or what? Not sure who to respond to. I forgot all about this project, whoops. Anyway, have Johnny with Kylie holding his album. And no, he doesn't have to Photoshop it.

She's polite, couldn't reject a gift, it must be at her home getting dusty and wrapped in its original plastic cover

Ah I see, what did I tell ya? you could only find four people wearing Marr shirts, just four.

Sorry, was at the beach all day. Here's another one, actor Laurie Kynaston, recently seen in "Sandman" - did you guys watch it? I didn't really enjoy it, I think Neil Gaiman does better with kids books.

She's polite, couldn't reject a gift, it must be at her home getting dusty and wrapped in its original plastic cover

Well you know she said she would like to collaborate with him and found him "totally adorable".

that’s only five. I thought you said you did research professionally? surprised they haven’t fired you yet.

What an unkind thing to say! After thinking our lovely conversation was deleted, I stumble across your response in an unexpected area of the forum and what do I get? Nothing nice. But anyway, to show off my research prowess, here's something much more interesting than a t-shirt. It's the Johnny Marr signature Jaguar played by none other than Al Jardine of the Beach Boys. As you may or probably may not know, the Jaguar was originally marketed as a surf guitar and having Johnny's model (on the right in Metallic KO finish) played by a Beach Boy is the ultimate compliment!

Ah, so no more shirts? One would think with all of his… ‘success’ that there would be many more proudly wearing Marr shirts. Oh well, facts are facts and …

Moz wins again !

:tiphat:

Moz wins in the t-shirt department? He does deserves many accolades for his merchandising, I'll give him that. But wait, there's more! Here's author, presenter and super Smiths fan Julie Hamill in her JFM t-shirt. Respond and I'll post more!! Or I might post more anyway. Aren't you enjoying our fun back and forth?

Moz wins in the t-shirt department? He does deserves many accolades for his merchandising, I'll give him that. But wait, there's more! Here's author, presenter and super Smiths fan Julie Hamill in her JFM t-shirt. Respond and I'll post more!! Or I might post more anyway. Aren't you enjoying our fun back and forth?

that’s only six. Just give up, you won’t find many more.

that’s only six. Just give up, you won’t find many more.

I do have more! But don't be so impatient, I want to talk some more about the Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar. Before the guitar was released in 2012, there was a lot of chatter. Players don't like signature guitars where the artist has just put on a new color of paint and signed it. Rumor had it that Johnny had put a lot of work into his Jaguar. In a masterstroke of marketing, he had given one to Ed O'Brien who played it on tour with Radiohead, creating even more of a demand for this guitar. The funny thing is that the Jaguar is a short scale guitar, only 24" and Ed is 6'5" so it looks tiny in his hands.

This is Lori Majewski, writer and Sirius XM host in JFM shirt with the man himself and co-host Nik Carter.

dude that’s only seven, not a very impressive
tally so far.

Fender are doing quite a lot of promo for what appears to be just a new limited edition colour. Think maybe they are giving it a boost as it's 10 years since it originally came out?

Johnny Marr's entire career post-Smiths feels like a giant letdown and I suspect he knows this too. It feels like it's a source of his bitterness towards The Smiths.

Johnny Marr's entire career post-Smiths feels like a giant letdown and I suspect he knows this too. It feels like it's a source of his bitterness towards The Smiths.
He doesn’t seem bitter about the Smiths at all. Did you watch the video interview? He’s had the career he’s always dreamed of and earned the respect and friendship of many musicians he admires. He seems really happy with his lot in life.

Back
Top Bottom