Marr discussions

F

F*ck Marr

MORRISSEY is on tour, by himself and some sold out shows.
And at the same time the small john f dumbhead marr is opening the shows for an anti Morrissey band. Everything in its right place.

And at the same time the small john f dumbhead marr is opening the shows for an anti Morrissey band. Everything in its right place.

Johnny Marr just played for 50,000 over the weekend with Pearl Jam. He is in his right place, if you say so.

And yessssss M is on tour and sold out dates while the small john f dumbhead marr is opening shows nowadays. Successful careers indeed.

And yessssss M is on tour and sold out dates while the small john f dumbhead marr is opening shows nowadays. Successful careers indeed.
Marr is a parasite, like a little flea waiting to jump on the next big dog

That is a very unhealthy grudge you have there.
Metaphorically, you are drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Move on.

You’re better than that. 🙂
Janice, I can appreciate if you are a fan of Marr's, but I didn't do anything wrong. Public figures are regularly criticized here without so much as a peep from anyone, except when it comes to Marr (and maybe some people get a litte upset about Moz, but I don't really notice, since it's not usually directed at me - well, I did get a little blowback criticizing how Moz handled the Der Spiegel thing, no big deal tho). His behavior is ridiculous and desperate, esp when he said Moz only wrote that open letter for attention because he doesn't have anything going on, which turned out to be completely false; Moz has a lot going on - solo shows, Cruel World, the Vegas residency and now a UK tour, without an album deal. Johnny has released a double album and cannot tour on it and is making some really unfortunate choices that just highlight his problem.
It is my understanding this site is about the Smiths, Morrissey and anyone in the Smiths, which includes Marr, and it is ok to praise or criticize. He really looks foolish just opening for or jumping on stage for other people's large crowds. It's really hard to believe that in summer in the UK he can't manage some solo gigs to support his new album, but the problem seems to be that when he plays his new songs, the audience just goes silent and they only react positively to the Smiths songs, Electronic songs and covers he does. I also can't believe he can't get some solo gigs here in the US since his ticket prices are so cheap, I think he could continue to do the 1,000 capacity venues. People really do like small, intimate shows esp with nostalgia acts, there is a great market for it.

This is the last time I wish to address it and I wish to end this conversation here, because I won't be changing how I post. Thank you for understanding. :)

Janice, I can appreciate if you are a fan of Marr's, but I didn't do anything wrong. Public figures are regularly criticized here without so much as a peep from anyone, except when it comes to Marr (and maybe some people get a litte upset about Moz, but I don't really notice, since it's not usually directed at me - well, I did get a little blowback criticizing how Moz handled the Der Spiegel thing, no big deal tho). His behavior is ridiculous and desperate, esp when he said Moz only wrote that open letter for attention because he doesn't have anything going on, which turned out to be completely false; Moz has a lot going on - solo shows, Cruel World, the Vegas residency and now a UK tour, without an album deal. Johnny has released a double album and cannot tour on it and is making some really unfortunate choices that just highlight his problem.
It is my understanding this site is about the Smiths, Morrissey and anyone in the Smiths, which includes Marr, and it is ok to praise or criticize. He really looks foolish just opening for or jumping on stage for other people's large crowds. It's really hard to believe that in summer in the UK he can't manage some solo gigs to support his new album, but the problem seems to be that when he plays his new songs, the audience just goes silent and they only react positively to the Smiths songs, Electronic songs and covers he does. I also can't believe he can't get some solo gigs here in the US since his ticket prices are so cheap, I think he could continue to do the 1,000 capacity venues. People really do like small, intimate shows esp with nostalgia acts, there is a great market for it.

This is the last time I wish to address it and I wish to end this conversation here, because I won't be changing how I post. Thank you for understanding. :)
He did play some solo gigs, to support the new album. In May I think.

Are Pearl Jam an anti Morrissey band? I'm no fan of them but I must have missed them slagging Moz off?.🤔....can you elaborate?

Eddie Vedder said recently that the unreleased new Morrissey album was good didn't he?

Playing with Pearl Jam is a badge of disgrace. Jogging with Liam Gallagher might redeem things, though.

Playing with Pearl Jam is a badge of disgrace. Jogging with Liam Gallagher might redeem things, though.
Really? Also playing with Pearl Jam that night were Andrew Watt and Josh Klinghoffer who both worked on BOT with Moz.

Johnny Marr just played for 50,000 over the weekend with Pearl Jam. He is in his right place, if you say so.

The 50,000 did not go to watch Marr, they went to watch Pearl Jam, a band who are not anti-Morrissey, just friendly with Marr.

The 50,000 did not go to watch Marr, they went to watch Pearl Jam, a band who are not anti-Morrissey, just friendly with Marr.

Johnny played a well-received set earlier in the day so at least some of those people were there to see him and his version of the Smiths songs. He did go down a storm playing with Pearl Jam though - did you see that video? He's still an amazing player!

My favourite comment on this thread has been the disgruntled poster who is neither Moz nor Marr stating ‘the keyboard player isn’t even sexy’, quite enjoyed that but yes, lots of Anti-Marr vibes going down.

You know who has a sexy new keyboard player? Johnny Marr does!

More Morrissey dates, which should get the good children excited, has now become a Johnny Marr topic. Puddled this place. :crazy:
It's been 35 years since they stopped working together, and some people are still obsessed with Marr. Let it go - however well or badly either Morrissey or Marr's musical career is going, it has zero impact on the other. This idea that one of them has to be 'winning', and the other 'losing' - like it's a competition, is nuts.

It's been 35 years since they stopped working together, and some people are still obsessed with Marr. Let it go - however well or badly either Morrissey or Marr's musical career is going, it has zero impact on the other. This idea that one of them has to be 'winning', and the other 'losing' - like it's a competition, is nuts.
Who’s got everything now 😁

🤣🤣 yes 50000 were there for the small john, yeah right. Tho he's just an accessory for the bands, he always needed someone else's, and that's a fact.

Back
Top Bottom