Marketing director at Melville House sends open letter to Morrissey

I love the effort, but Morrissey hates when people try too hard to be friendly. It's a no-go for Melville.

I think that was written to attract attention to the publisher and not really to get Morrissey's attention. I doubt that Moz would find that the letter's "clever" use of his lyrics would make him want to hitch his wagon to Melville.

This letter is utterly absurd and can hardly be taken seriously! Was it intended to be?! It is quite funny though!

I also think its nice to hear other publishers courting Moz.

I just think they could have reduced the Smiths puns a bit. Hahaha.

How to NOT attract someone like Morrissey to your publishing house.

Moz should just choose the best deal instead of worrying about status and image. But who asked me anyway?
:p

I think that was written to attract attention to the publisher and not really to get Morrissey's attention. I doubt that Moz would find that the letter's "clever" use of his lyrics would make him want to hitch his wagon to Melville.

Zzzzzzzzz. That looks like it was written in 5 minutes, and the lyric references are the most obvious ones imagineable. "I was a vegetarian" is a wee bit eyebrow-raising. Overall unimpressive.

They used to say that some DJs wanted to be rock stars but weren't good enough, it appears that some publishers want to be writers, this is ball-twistingly excruciating to read.

Ooooo guess what, Zeljka Marosevic writes poetry:

O I feel your love,
As if my face had been dipped
Into honey.
Thick droplets dripping from my lashes,
Leaving smears of heavy gold,
Distorting my gaze.

Frankly Ms. Marosevic.........

This is the literary equivalent of Richard Hawley singing Morrissey's lyrics back to him at the guitarist audition -- instant turn off (for Moz).
Having said that, I'd still like to see what a Morrissey/Hawley track would sound like.
Googling him just now, it sounds like he's having a bit of a comeback.

Anyway, as a poster above said, if you try too hard to befriend Morrissey, you're out.

Rather cringeworthy. And surely docked massive points by Moz if he ever read it for not including a single solo career lyric!

It is a stupid letter. It sounds like written my a teenager. Was he using The Smiths lyrics to show he's a long term fan? Not a good move I think. I don't think Morrissey would be impressed by it, specially after making it public too.

'Lyrics' gives too much credit, these were just song titles pulled off Wikipedia. Well I wonder if what she said was a miserable (yawn).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom