Mark Nevin shares photo including Morrissey, Kirsty MacColl and Peter Hogg (Camden, 1991)

Mark Nevin shares the photo from his Facebook artist page:

Here is an old picture from my kitchen in 1991 (around the time we did
Kill Uncle) with Peter Hogg, Kirsty MacColl, me and Morrissey - we
went out to see Suede doing one of their first gigs after this - I
think it was a the White Horse in Camden (maybe not??) - not sure of
the name of the pub - it might be flats now - it was in Camden anyway.​

camden_1991.jpg

L to R - Peter Hogg, Kirsty MacColl, Mark Nevin, Morrissey - Hartland Road, Camden 1991

Last edited:
Nice, I wish I could of seen that Suede gig.:)

That looks a lot later than 1991. I would have guessed 1994, just judging by Moz' face.
Peter Hogg looks a bit...threatening. Wasn't he the one who used to go out "picking up boys" according to Mozipedia?

wow, f.y.i., on next March, Suede are going to show in Indonesia, for their second time ;)

i always love Moz fresh face in his old days

Rent-a-chap! This is only the second ever photo of him other than the one in Morrissey Shot, isn't it? He's like some endangered species that went extinct after the Kill Uncle tour ended (to Amy above, Nevin and Hogg were long gone from camp Morrissey by 1994).

Whend ex-band members such as Gary and Spencer were asked about him, the reaction was not too good. Was it Spencer that said "Sometimes it gets lonely on the road"?

I'd forgotten how much I miss Kirsty before seeing this photo. I can't believe it's already been ten years.

I attended most of the Suede gigs in London around that time, and saw Morrissey in the audience twice, at the Falcon (Feb 91 ?) and Camden Palace (May ?). Not exactly sure of the months, it was a long time ago, but this probably has to be one of these 2 nights. So yes, of course, definitely 91. I even spoke (well, mumbled) to Morrissey at the Camden Palace, one night I will remember all my life !

Looking for The Hogg

While searching for the the mysterious Mr. Peter Hogg I stumbled across this facebook account:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Peter-Hogg/562457008
From my point of view Mr. Hogg is the person on the left side hugging an unknown beauty and ain't that good old Paul Rutherford of FGTH fame (Rage hard anybody?) on the right side? There is also a link to "Morrissey-Official". Might be fake but i don't think so.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Mark Nevin shares photo including Morrissey, Kirsty MacColl and Peter Ho

Rent-a-chap! This is only the second ever photo of him other than the one in Morrissey Shot, isn't it? He's like some endangered species that went extinct after the Kill Uncle tour ended (to Amy above, Nevin and Hogg were long gone from camp Morrissey by 1994).

Whend ex-band members such as Gary and Spencer were asked about him, the reaction was not too good. Was it Spencer that said "Sometimes it gets lonely on the road"?

Hi - yeah I know they were long gone, I was just saying that Moz' face seemed older considering when the photo was taken :). 1994 was..the Jake Era of course.

Please have some respect for Kirtsty, me thinks its
an not ever seen public pic, but with Kirsty made it special

Peter Hogg, wasn't he around 2nd part the Smiths days also, rent-a-chap
is also not very nice, and the more I see why Morrissey doesn;t like
this site, and it's not David T

I dunno Hogg, any of you met him, is he a monster? kick around if went
to near Morrissey, more flaming?

c'mon

give it a rest

and enjoy the picture

The facebook page is probably correct as Hogg was also friends with Paul Rutherford and FGTH.

As for the above complaint about "Rent-a-chap" being nasty - that was actually Morrissey's name for Hogg, taken from a Kenneth Williams Julian and Sandy sketch.

Re: Article: Mark Nevin shares photo including Morrissey, Kirsty MacColl and Peter Ho

No offense, but other than your point about Kirsty, what are you on about?

"Rent-a-chap" was Morrissey's own credit for Hogg in the Kill Uncle tour book.

Please have some respect for Kirtsty, me thinks its
an not ever seen public pic, but with Kirsty made it special

Peter Hogg, wasn't he around 2nd part the Smiths days also, rent-a-chap
is also not very nice, and the more I see why Morrissey doesn;t like
this site, and it's not David T

I dunno Hogg, any of you met him, is he a monster? kick around if went
to near Morrissey, more flaming?

c'mon

give it a rest

and enjoy the picture

When ex-band members such as Gary and Spencer were asked about him, the reaction was not too good. Was it Spencer that said "Sometimes it gets lonely on the road"?

3355-1-1.jpg

sandiegoe.jpg

restaurants92.jpg

restaurants92001.jpg

I read in a fanzine(jammy stressford or a chance to shine) where someone who is a american event mangager who also did organize the morrissey gigs talks about in an radio interview
where snippets was printed there about"some people who dont have no need to be there on the road beside keeping the artist happy" like in morrissey`s case

That looks a lot later than 1991. I would have guessed 1994, just judging by Moz' face.
Peter Hogg looks a bit...threatening. Wasn't he the one who used to go out "picking up boys" according to Mozipedia?

It's not 94. Moz wasn't working with Nevin in 94. It's 91 aka Kill Uncle. Not too hard to work out if u think about it for one millisecond :)

FFS try reading and then try looking!

Something you are not too good at, aren't you, because if you would you'd have noticed that the way and order that the information was presented here, did not make it obvious at first that they were not the same person, especially as Mark Nevin and Kirsty MacColl were also on the picture.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom