Mark E Smith autobiography

Stanley the 2nd

Just finished reading the new autobiography by Mark E Smith, and what an excellent read it was. The funniest thing I've read for a long time and full of amusing stories and his observations on the human species. There were a few mentions to The Smiths and Morrissey, unsurprising really. The first one was that Moz was spotted backstage at a Chuck Berry/Jerry Lee Lewis concert in Manchester where Moz in his best suit was waiting around to speak to his "new best friend" Chuck. The most amusing one though was of The Fall playing in New York around the time of 9/11 where there were lots of posters of Morrissey around the city advertising a concert. One member of the band thought that the pictures were of his Uncle George, probably due to jet lag or something! Sounds more amusing when it's told in Smith's inimitable style. An amusing read if you are a fan of The Fall or not.

But Morrissey didn't play anywhere near New York in 2001! And it's nearly impossible that posters would have still been up from his early 2000 show. :confused: He didn't play in NYC again until 2004.

This is the ghost written ramblings of our local pub drunk. Don't expect any of it to make sense!

Which pub is that then???

Peter

I meant the pub drunkard, of this Manor!

Although you will find him propping up the following bars (or stood outside since the smoking ban!);-

The Woodthorpe (as featured in the video of Theres a Ghost inmy House

The Red Lion (Prestwich)
The Railway and Naturalist (Prestwich)
pretty much all Prestwich pubs come to think of it?

and until the knocked it down The George.

EDIT: Forgive me! I'm forgetting my absolute favourite pub in Prestwich (and the one I go in the most), The Church.

Last edited:
Just finished reading the new autobiography by Mark E Smith, and what an excellent read it was. The funniest thing I've read for a long time and full of amusing stories and his observations on the human species. There were a few mentions to The Smiths and Morrissey, unsurprising really. The first one was that Moz was spotted backstage at a Chuck Berry/Jerry Lee Lewis concert in Manchester where Moz in his best suit was waiting around to speak to his "new best friend" Chuck. The most amusing one though was of The Fall playing in New York around the time of 9/11 where there were lots of posters of Morrissey around the city advertising a concert. One member of the band thought that the pictures were of his Uncle George, probably due to jet lag or something! Sounds more amusing when it's told in Smith's inimitable style. An amusing read if you are a fan of The Fall or not.

I've ordered it . Anyone reckon he'll do any book signings???:eek:

I've ordered it . Anyone reckon he'll do any book signings???:eek:

I can't see him doing that?

The Fall were due to play tonight, with John Cooper Clarke (Maxwell Hall, Salford). It's been postponed for the second time (problems with the building?). I'm quite pleased as I'm off down to London (via Leicestershire) for a few days, and would have missed it.

Actually, thats just reminded me to email my mate who I might not know, and turn up!

I can't see him doing that?

The Fall were due to play tonight, with John Cooper Clarke (Maxwell Hall, Salford). It's been postponed for the second time (problems with the building?). I'm quite pleased as I'm off down to London (via Leicestershire) for a few days, and would have missed it.

Actually, thats just reminded me to email my mate who I might not know, and turn up!

MES was down to appear at Manchester's old Virgin store, now Zavvi, in the Arndale last Friday, according to the MEN.
Dont know if he turned up though.

I love the new album. I haven't yet got the book yet but this thread has reminded me to do so, so thanks for that.

Back
Top Bottom