Marilyn Manson ATTACKS My Chemical ROmance!

D

Dave

Should this just be a private message to Slum Mum?

dogs-ice-cream.jpg

Marilyn Manson brands My Chemical Romance 'sad and pitiful'
The shock rocker lays into Gerard Way's band
05.Jun.07 3:20pm

Marilyn Manson has stuck the knife into fellow goth types My Chemical Romance, claiming they're ripping him off.

In an interview with The London Paper he revealed that the song 'Mutilation Is The Most Sincere Form Of Flattery', from his new album 'Eat Me, Drink Me', is about Gerard Way's outfit. It features the blunt lyrics, "f*** you, f*** you".

He elaborated on his attack on the band, saying, "I'm embarrassed to be me because these people are doing a really sad, pitiful, shallow version of what I've done.

"If they want to identify with me then here's a razor blade. Call me when you're done and we'll talk."

The swipe comes days before the two acts are set to share a stage, albeit one day after one another, at the Download Festival at Donington Park. MCR headline on Friday, with Manson playing before headliners Linkin Park the day after.

NME.COM will be coming live from both the Isle Of Wight and Download festival sites this weekend, so stay tuned for exclusive news, blogs and pictures from both events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slum Mum will be crushed though or angry. ;)

Here they give his new record a good review and then say he is irrelevant. And of course they have to drag out rumors from 12 years ago. I think rock journalists have it easy.

I haven't listened to Manson since Mechanical Animals way back in the late 90's ......... I agree Manson is irrelevant these days. I don't plan on listening to his new album..... unless someone gives it to me for free.

PS: Slum Mum will be fine, it's best for her to get the harsh truth now than later ;)

"If they want to identify with me then here's a razor blade. Call me when you're done and we'll talk."

is it me or has this man made an entire career out of being bland?

Marilyn Manson is old now, 'the kids' are into newer bands like MCR. That's maybe why he doesn't like MCR

well done Manson Mcr are majorly distasteful, i would love to Know what Moz thinks of their cover of Jack The Ripper

Isn't what he's done a really sad, pitiful, and shallow version of what Bowie's done?

I don't think so. Bowie is one of Manson's inspirations, but I don't really see any similiarities between the two except for the obvious costumes. :)

Isn't what he's done a really sad, pitiful, and shallow version of what Bowie's done?

more like Klaus Nomi...but really there is no comparison.

I dont know much about that chemical romance band, other than that ive heard some of their music, they're annoying and very boring and i'd never be caught dead listening to their music. i think it's embarrassing to like that band, all people that i know that like them are well, really ignorant kids who don't know anything about music and arts and originality!!!

Marilyn Manson has made a career out of insulting others. Which is not neccesarily a bad thing. ;)

who has felt insulted by him?

more like Klaus Nomi...but really there is no comparison.

I dont know much about that chemical romance band, other than that ive heard some of their music, they're annoying and very boring and i'd never be caught dead listening to their music. i think it's embarrassing to like that band, all people that i know that like them are well, really ignorant kids who don't know anything about music and arts and originality!!!

I agree with you, and also I'd like to say that people who listen to this shit band deserve to die from a shot wound to the face.....except for Slum Mum:o

its an ok song, Mutilation Is The Most Sincere Form Of Flattery;

Hey
There's no rules today.
You steal instead of borrow.
You take all the shapes that I make.
And you think
That you thought
All the thoughts
That I thought you,
Don't you?
Mutilation's the most
Sincere form of flattery.
If you want to be me,
Then stand in line like the rest.
Now, do you know what I mean?
The young get less bolder
The legends get older
But I stay the same
As long as you have less to say
Do you think that I wouldn't say this?
You know that I play this better than you.
f*** you
f*** you
f*** you too
f*** you
f*** you
f*** you too
Do you really think that I wouldn't say this?
Rebels without applause
I sell my shadow to those
Who are standing in it
They think I would
Bitch about them
Thinking they are
The shit
When they can't
Even step
In it
The legends get older
But I stay the same
f*** you
f*** you
f*** you
f*** you
f*** you too
The legends get older
But I stay the same
f*** you
f*** you
And
f*** you too
The legends get older
But I stay the same
f*** you
And
f*** you
f*** you too
f*** you
And
f*** you
f*** you too
Do you really think that I wouldn't say this?

Alice Cooper was quoted as saying something along the lines of "How original...blah, blah, blah" when referring to Manson. Inferring that Manson was ripping his act off. I don't particularly care for Manson, MCR or Cooper.

Back
Top Bottom