Margaret Thatcher dies at 87

Margaret Thatcher dead

Subject of the Viva Hate song " Margaret on the Guillotine" has died today
British Prime Minister from 1979 until 1990 (?)
Morrissey also infamously wished her demise in the Brighton bombing of 1984
Wonder if we'll get comment on True to You?

Re: Margaret Thatcher dead

Just saw this.
I reckon he will post on true to you. It would be too hard for him to resist temptation!

TRAMP THE DIRT DOWN.

I just actually cheered when I heard the news, doubt I'll ever react to anyone else's death like that again.

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

Re: Thatcher dies

I was about to post on the made me smile thread.
But if the truth be told I'm esastic.
I'm not one for hating people but for her I'll make an exception.
I hope she burns in hell for the damage she did to peoples lifes.

I was about to post on the made me smile thread.
But if the truth be told I'm esastic.
I'm not one for hating people but for her I'll make an exception.
I hope she burns in hell for the damage she did to peoples lifes.

^^All of this^^

P.

Last edited by a moderator:

I cried when I heard the news - with joy! :-D

RIH, Maggie T.

Better still

A day to celebrate.

Thatcher

I was inspired to pick up my guitar play one of my favourite songs today form Viva Hate! I wonder if a quote will follow?

TRAMP THE DIRT DOWN.

I just actually cheered when I heard the news, doubt I'll ever react to anyone else's death like that again.

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

TRAMPING HARDER (just to make sure)

The fact that Reagan got his, and Thatcher got hers (ie long, slow, debilitating, degrading, painful demises) is about the only thing that could convince me that there is a benificent and righteous higher power at play in this universe.

How about a campaign for Costello for Number 1. That would be beautiful. If Ant & Dec can do it....

I said no comment, but that was ironic. Kissinger on BBC News. The circus begins. It's odd that I was thinking about Blair's war crimes, then Thatcher's death was brought to my attention. She was the opposite side of Scargill's coin, both of them fed on conflict. She trashed this country with alien neoliberal Chicago economics which almost destroyed the Saxon and Celtic tribes. She flaunted her association with once corrupt South American dictator, Pinochet, despite her breathtaking 'democratic' spiel against Argentine generals. I thought this was coming following the Telegraph article yesterday on how she really, really hated Apartheid but just didn't tell anyone about it. Now, the Interweb melts down and a reverse-Diana effect erupts. How I wait to see the massed throngs of neoliberal warmongers on the Streets of London flowing their tears and throwing their flowers. She was a flake, history will judge her harshly, other than bringing Gorbachev to his senses. We now live with a legacy of exhausted oil and gas revenues which she used to churn the unemployed to incapacity and back with The Fully Monty and Auf Wiedersein Pet the motifs of that wasted chance to re-tool the Industrial Working Class rather than abandon them. Her house-price boom and house-selling chicanery now haunts trainee nurses and there's no sign of any house-build from her supposed proteges, the hapless Coalition. The 1970s were a nightmare, rubbish on the streets, dead unburied, but the opportunist just had to pervert St Francis on the steps of No 10. History will judge her short-termism very harshly, as harsly as it will her co-dependent nemesis, Scargill. The deep mine shafts could have been kept open, now it's too late. We will trash this island with windmills and nuclear when coal is the fuel of the next 50 years. If we'd have retrained our miners as engineers to efficiently and safely burn that resource, China's development would have been on a safe trajectory. but now, we had the Big Bang and financial alchemy from spivs in suits. Scargills in Suits as Vince Cable rightly identified the banksters in The City who hold us to ransom. She was so obviously traumatised by her childhood and her daughter's comments on her childhood years with The Leaderene were carefully noted. All death's are to be mourned, but some are mourned less than others. As Morrissey so devastatingly condemned her regime before the inanities of his comments on the Brighton bombing and the fatuous 'Margaret On The Guillotine'.

"Poor old man
He had an "accident" with a three-bar fire
But that's OK
Because he wasn't very happy anyway
Poor woman
Strangled in her very own bed as she read
But that's OK
Because she was old and she would have died anyway
DON'T BLAME"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A23PQCndPYU

Last edited:

The fact that Reagan got his, and Thatcher got hers (ie long, slow, debilitating, degrading, painful demises) is about the only thing that could convince me that there is a benificent and righteous higher power at play in this universe.

How about a campaign for Costello for Number 1. That would be beautiful. If Ant & Dec can do it....

Just listening to news, she died this morning.

Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies, aged 87 - BBC News

Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher has died "peacefully" at the age of 87 after suffering a stroke, her family has announced.

Excerpt:

David Cameron called her a "great Briton" and the Queen spoke of her sadness at the death.

Lady Thatcher was Conservative prime minister from 1979 to 1990. She was the first woman to hold the role.

She will not have a state funeral but will be accorded the same status as Princess Diana and the Queen Mother.

margaret_thatcher.jpg

Bradder68 also posted:

Subject of the Viva Hate song "Margaret on the Guillotine" has died today.

Morrissey also infamously wished her demise in the Brighton bombing of 1984
Wonder if we'll get comment on True to You?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom