Margaret Dale

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Many of you may know Margaret Dale, a fan who travelled the world to see Morrissey. It's just been reported on the Facebook page of Happy Martyr, for whom she maintained websites, that Margaret was found dead in her apartment last Friday. I met Margaret when she came to Bradford to see Morrissey, and she's been a reassuring presence via Facebook for a long time. Shocking news. A desperate time for her family and friends.

P.

Oh my god. We are now just hearing this terrible news.

She got to hug Morrissey in Davis. Rest in peace you little charmer.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Glad she got a hug. :tears:

Margaret embarked on a labour of love, putting all Morrissey's lyrics in a hardback book, she went to great lengths to ensure even the unreleased songs were transcribed properly. She wanted to give the book to Morrissey. She kindly sent me a copy. It must have cost her a fortune to do it.

P.

Margaret embarked on a labour of love, putting all Morrissey's lyrics in a hardback book, she went to great lengths to ensure even the unreleased songs were transcribed properly. She wanted to give the book to Morrissey. She kindly sent me a copy. It must have cost her a fortune to do it.

P.

She had that on a zip drive in her pocket when we met him. When I walked her to the tattoo parlor she lamented she didn't give it to him, a copy of his lyrics. I told her I thought he might already have a copy of his own lyrics, but she was so determined that he needed them organized and she had done that. I told her I thought she would probably meet him again since she had such good luck that day and she could give it to him then. THen she talked about putting them in a book, which I suppose you now have a copy of, Peter? :( I saw her outside San Diego and said hello, but she didn't recognize me, or didn't want to talk.

This is all very sad.

This is the lady that keep the list at the shows. She was always very nice and a pleasure to be around. Rest in Peace Margaret! You were one of a kind!

Her last hug, first invasion of the night @ 1:35.

She's in a way better place. That sounds so cliche but I can't wait to die.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a time and a place for your god mongering, this is neither.

...unless some of the sadly-deceased woman's friends or family post here and are religious, in which case you're being a bit of a dick, to say the very least. Whether you're religious or not is irrelevant to the thread. Would you gatecrash a church funeral of mourners and mock them for their beliefs? I know you like to repeatedly tell everyone you don't believe in God, but please, have some f***ing dignity.

...unless some of the sadly-deceased woman's friends or family post here and are religious, in which case you're being a bit of a dick, to say the very least. Whether you're religious or not is irrelevant to the thread. Would you gatecrash a church funeral of mourners and mock them for their beliefs? I know you like to repeatedly tell everyone you don't believe in God, but please, have some f***ing dignity.

I think the word you were looking for was respect.

I have plenty of respect for the friends and family of Margaret. So much respect that I wouldn't insult them by telling them that she is in a better place now. This negates the very real value of her life on earth. A life that was meaningful to her and to those who loved her.

No, instead I would, and will say, in case any should read this thread, I am deeply sad for your loss. Margaret will be missed by many.

I met Margaret many times over the years and she was a bit rude to me as well as quite a few people I know. Regardless, this is sad news as I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Judging by her last Facebook post, I am assuming she took her own life, if anyone knows for sure? That is truly awful if that is the case, and I wish her friends and family well. It's too bad we didn't get off to a very good start. Glad she got to embrace Moz a few weeks ago, as it sounds like she needed it.

I think the word you were looking for was respect.

No, I meant 'dignity'. By trying to pissing over this thread, without consideration for the feelings of others, you do atheists and atheism a disservice.

I have plenty of respect for the friends and family of Margaret. So much respect that I wouldn't insult them by telling them that she is in a better place now. This negates the very real value of her life on earth. A life that was meaningful to her and to those who loved her.

Never mind the fact, then, that her family and friends might be religious and that, amid the desolation of bereavement, they might want to console themselves with the thought that their friend/daughter/sister is in "a better place". I think that their feelings take precedence over your opinions about religion. (If you insist on replying to this, at least have the elementary moral decency to comment on what I'm saying in your atheism thread, and without reference to this poor woman's death.)

I met Margaret many times over the years and she was a bit rude to me as well as quite a few people I know. Regardless, this is sad news as I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Judging by her last Facebook post, I am assuming she took her own life, if anyone knows for sure? That is truly awful if that is the case, and I wish her friends and family well. It's too bad we didn't get off to a very good start. Glad she got to embrace Moz a few weeks ago, as it sounds like she needed it.

I just looked at her facebook page, not easy to read. :( I only had one dinner with her, she was very odd, more different than most, but not unkind to me. Very determined and smart. I know she was a vetrinarian, I wonder if she didn't have access to the most peaceful way to exit. That thought is at least comforting in this strange situation. Rest in peace.

Margaret was a sparky soul online but in actual social situations, appallingly shy, thus sometimes coming over as rude. We had many a long conversation by email and via Facebook and we exchanged gifts by post but we couldn't manage much of an exchange when we eventually met because I'm almost as socially awkward as Margaret was. Still, we had a laugh about it when were safely back online. :D Margaret also had an impressive set of tattoos, a nice pair of legs and looked good in a sleeping bag. I liked her. R.I.P., you strange, funny girl.

She had that on a zip drive in her pocket when we met him. When I walked her to the tattoo parlor she lamented she didn't give it to him, a copy of his lyrics. I told her I thought he might already have a copy of his own lyrics, but she was so determined that he needed them organized and she had done that. I told her I thought she would probably meet him again since she had such good luck that day and she could give it to him then. THen she talked about putting them in a book, which I suppose you now have a copy of, Peter? :( I saw her outside San Diego and said hello, but she didn't recognize me, or didn't want to talk.

This is all very sad.

It's very sad to hear about this. Was Margaret a member here?

Back
Top Bottom