Margaret Dale - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

See also:

Related forum thread:

Last edited:
I really wonder what goes on in your head skylarker.
Obviously you have never suffered from a mental illness; the mental pain and anguish it brings with no chance to escape.
Perhaps you do suffer from an illness in hindsight, your lack of empathy is astonishing which is the trait of many mental illnesses.
Anyway, point is perhaps you should respect the death of somebody, whether you know them or not.

Death is death. There's nothing to respect about it. It's a biological function like breathing and shitting. The respect comes, if at all, after an evaluation of the life that precedes it. In the case of Margaret Dale, I fail to see anything worthy of respect. That's my opinion. If that seems lacking in empathy to the point where you feel qualified in making a dimestore psychoanalysis about my mental state, well...try to imagine how much sleep I'll be losing over that tonight.

In about three minutes he's going to read this and get a tiny brain boner at the way he can insult you and call you a pussy. Then he'll go into badass mode and type out a response he thinks is really witty hoping NOT that it will hurt you so much as it will impress Viva Hate, then he might erase it and retype it. He might post it and delete it later, it's all about impressing Viva though, not really the thoughts discussed on this thread or the people involved.

With you and your inane tripe it's basically at a point for me where every syllable typed in response to you seems like a fart in the wind. But I will say that if you don't see how glaringly obvious you make it that I get under your skin, then you need even thicker glasses.

As for the whole Viva Hate bullshit you shat out...that's your hangup, not mine. You're obsessed with the fact that he hates you and that he demolishes you every f***ing time you open your mouth here. So naturally anyone you see as "aligned" with him, whatever that means, you're gonna take up arms against. It isn't my fault that he met you in person and thinks you're a sad f***ing joke. That's got naught to do with me, kid. Take it out on him.

Or, what the hell, feel free to continue...I find it funny that you put way more thought, time, and effort into discussing my posts here than I do into making them.

You're a winner, baby. All the way.

Anyway lets get back to' The Hamburgstrop'
His true colours came out there did'nt they ? A reall incite into his bitterness I thought, what does he expect if he's taking the piss out of the blokes homeland ? Sad thing was the crowd reaction cheering his exit for sticking up for his country.
Another nail in the coffin for Morrissey when I saw that footage I'm afraid ! The guy just can't do anything right these days, just imagine what he's like when he logs on to the 'Hateful creche' to read the comments (No wonder he's ill).
I never thought someone like Moz would end up in such a car crash like this.
Boz ! So funny/toughguy.

Ham Burg

I really wonder what goes on in your head skylarker.
Obviously you have never suffered from a mental illness; the mental pain and anguish it brings with no chance to escape.
Perhaps you do suffer from an illness in hindsight, your lack of empathy is astonishing which is the trait of many mental illnesses.
Anyway, point is perhaps you should respect the death of somebody, whether you know them or not.

I very much agree with this.If you have never suffered with mental illness how could you understand what it`s like.You can`t escape what goes on in your head.It can be a never ending agony.What right do you have to judge somebody for this?Also what gives the right to judge what somebody chose to do with their life?She wasn`t hurting anybody.If Morrissey`s music gave her joy and made her happy again who are you to judge her?She is worthy of respect because she was a person and there are people who loved her and valued her friendship.I really wonder why a person like you comes here.I don`t know why someone so cold and seemingly devoid of empathy could understand Morrissey`s words.I think Margaret took comfort in his music.Lot`s of us do.I don`t think that there is any shame in that.In fact Morrissey`s music comforts me and I will never be ashamed of that.

I very much agree with this.If you have never suffered with mental illness how could you understand what it`s like.You can`t escape what goes on in your head.

Actually you can. It's called therapy, medication, and confiding in loved ones.

It can be a never ending agony.

So agonizing, yet she retained the wherewithal to follow Morrissey around on tour. Interesting.

What right do you have to judge somebody for this?Also what gives the right to judge what somebody chose to do with their life?

I'm not "judging" anyone. I'm passing my opinion into an online bowl of other opinions. Mine are just less complimentary. Haven't you heard...opinions can differ and people can disagree? It's amazing!

She wasn`t hurting anybody.

Actually, she was. She was neglecting herself, her actual psychological and physical needs, and most of this neglect was transposed into her gaytarded Morrissey fixation. She would still be here today, I'd imagine, if an iota of the energy and devotion she put into that fop was spent instead on addressing her personal situation which, clearly, was a grave one...literally, in the end.

But instead, it's easier to escape into a fantasy world where you obsessively follow around some paunchy has-been alt-rock millionaire who doesn't give a f*** about you so you can hear him sing songs about being unloved and misunderstood.

If Morrissey`s music gave her joy and made her happy again who are you to judge her?

Yeah, she clearly was filled with joy and happiness. Morrissey heals all wounds. And yet...

She is worthy of respect because she was a person and there are people who loved her and valued her friendship.

If she didn't put enough faith and gratitude into these people to even stay alive and enjoy their companionship, then why should I curtail my comments to suit them?

I really wonder why a person like you comes here.

I come here for the same reason anyone comes here. To discuss Morrissey. Deal with it.

I don`t know why someone so cold and seemingly devoid of empathy could understand Morrissey`s words.

You mean the words he writes about loneliness, being misunderstood, being out of place in the world, etc etc blah blah blah, while he sits on a huge pile of money and is adored obsessively by huge legions of fans?

Maybe it's because I don't care about his words...I like the songs. As songs. See, that's the difference between you and me. I appreciate him as a singer; as a purveyor of recorded sound on media I can occasionally indulge in and enjoy as recorded pop music. That's the end of it for me. I don't need to "understand" or "empathize" or "connect" with Morrissey. He's a singer who doesn't give a f*** about me and that's fine. I'm not 16. I don't need to believe he is some demigod sage who exists to provide a balm for the dis-affected and the acne-ridden. I don't care about him as a personal source of healing or therapy or companionship...that's kid stuff. That's what I have actual real-life friends and family for.

I think Margaret took comfort in his music.Lot`s of us do.I don`t think that there is any shame in that.In fact Morrissey`s music comforts me and I will never be ashamed of that.

Have fun with that.

In about three minutes he's going to read this and get a tiny brain boner at the way he can insult you and call you a pussy. Then he'll go into badass mode and type out a response he thinks is really witty hoping NOT that it will hurt you so much as it will impress Viva Hate, then he might erase it and retype it. He might post it and delete it later, it's all about impressing Viva though, not really the thoughts discussed on this thread or the people involved.

Get over it.

Actually you can. It's called therapy, medication, and confiding in loved ones.

So agonizing, yet she retained the wherewithal to follow Morrissey around on tour. Interesting.

I'm not "judging" anyone. I'm passing my opinion into an online bowl of other opinions. Mine are just less complimentary. Haven't you heard...opinions can differ and people can disagree? It's amazing!

Actually, she was. She was neglecting herself, her actual psychological and physical needs, and most of this neglect was transposed into her gaytarded Morrissey fixation. She would still be here today, I'd imagine, if an iota of the energy and devotion she put into that fop was spent instead on addressing her personal situation which, clearly, was a grave one...literally, in the end.

But instead, it's easier to escape into a fantasy world where you obsessively follow around some paunchy has-been alt-rock millionaire who doesn't give a f*** about you so you can hear him sing songs about being unloved and misunderstood.

Yeah, she clearly was filled with joy and happiness. Morrissey heals all wounds. And yet...

If she didn't put enough faith and gratitude into these people to even stay alive and enjoy their companionship, then why should I curtail my comments to suit them?

I come here for the same reason anyone comes here. To discuss Morrissey. Deal with it.

You mean the words he writes about loneliness, being misunderstood, being out of place in the world, etc etc blah blah blah, while he sits on a huge pile of money and is adored obsessively by huge legions of fans?

Maybe it's because I don't care about his words...I like the songs. As songs. See, that's the difference between you and me. I appreciate him as a singer; as a purveyor of recorded sound on media I can occasionally indulge in and enjoy as recorded pop music. That's the end of it for me. I don't need to "understand" or "empathize" or "connect" with Morrissey. He's a singer who doesn't give a f*** about me and that's fine. I'm not 16. I don't need to believe he is some demigod sage who exists to provide a balm for the dis-affected and the acne-ridden. I don't care about him as a personal source of healing or therapy or companionship...that's kid stuff. That's what I have actual real-life friends and family for.

Have fun with that.

Yes it takes meds,therapy and support.But let me tell you it`s not that easy.First you try to find the right med or combination of meds.That takes time and trial and error.The try dealing with the side effects.Let`s see this one turns you into a drooling zombie,this one makes you feel nothing at all.The next one makes you sleep all the time The other one makes your mouth so dry it`s actually painful.This one makes your stomach hurt and makes your hands shake.One can make you develop type 2 diabetes.Does this sound fun?The ones that actually work stop working after awhile.Then one day after trying all those your doc says to you "maybe we should try ect".Can you understand how scary that is to hear.Yes I go to therapy,take meds and have my family.I see the worry on their faces and it twists me up inside.They are not happy pills.You can`t just say hey I`ll take two of these in the morning and I`ll be cured.It just doesn`t work that way.

If listening to Morrissey makes someone who is struggling feel understood and comforted who are you to tell them they should feel any different?What the hell is it you?You didn`t live her life or my life.Everyone doesn`t live in your little narrow minded world where empathy and kindness do not exist.All people don`t believe as you do.And thank God for that.

Yes it takes meds,therapy and support.But let me tell you it`s not that easy.First you try to find the right med or combination of meds.That takes time and trial and error.The try dealing with the side effects.Let`s see this one turns you into a drooling zombie,this one makes you feel nothing at all.The next one makes you sleep all the time The other one makes your mouth so dry it`s actually painful.This one makes your stomach hurt and makes your hands shake.One can make you develop type 2 diabetes.Does this sound fun?The ones that actually work stop working after awhile.Then one day after trying all those your doc says to you "maybe we should try ect".Can you understand how scary that is to hear.Yes I go to therapy,take meds and have my family.I see the worry on their faces and it twists me up inside.They are not happy pills.You can`t just say hey I`ll take two of these in the morning and I`ll be cured.It just doesn`t work that way.

If listening to Morrissey makes someone who is struggling feel understood and comforted who are you to tell them they should feel any different?What the hell is it you?You didn`t live her life or my life.Everyone doesn`t live in your little narrow minded world where empathy and kindness do not exist.All people don`t believe as you do.And thank God for that.

I was going to respond, but actually looking at your signature has told me there's no point.

What does that mean? To 'respect the death of somebody'?

FWIW, I didn't know Margaret but I'm sorry to hear of her passing (I'm sorry to hear of anyone's passing). I'm not even sure suicide had been confirmed though had it? I thought all that had been reported was that she had been found dead in her apartment. I could be wrong though.

I'll tell you and Skylarker where the respect here should be. Someone from Margaret's family who finds this thread and reads it. Not respect for someone's death, respect for the feelings and sensibilities for those who loved and cared about her - real people with real feelings. I'm not saying they themselves deserves respect, I don't know them, neither do you, but in a different sense of the word, we should respect their right to mourn without having to read someone trying to make a semantic point. In short, someone out there is hurting, please let's not add to it.

P.

Oh wow, I can't believe you lot are still going on and on and on!! I looked at this thread weeks ago! Don't you have things to do, lives to lead? One day you'll sit back and think " Did I really waste so much time writing nonsense?" On the other hand you may all end up bitter old people.

I'll tell you and Skylarker where the respect here should be. Someone from Margaret's family who finds this thread and reads it. Not respect for someone's death, respect for the feelings and sensibilities for those who loved and cared about her - real people with real feelings. I'm not saying they themselves deserves respect, I don't know them, neither do you, but in a different sense of the word, we should respect their right to mourn without having to read someone trying to make a semantic point. In short, someone out there is hurting, please let's not add to it.

P.

why not lock the thread or delete the thread/posts that may add to the 'hurting'?

Well said Cornelius. If only reverential posts were allowed then either the thread should have been highly moderated or locked after the initial post.

I see what you are saying Uncleskinny but I also take Skylarker's point too. This is a public message board. People are going to write, say and feel what they want. The internet is a hurtful and spiteful place. You only have to look at Twitter, newspaper comments sections or even here to realise that. I'm certain you have written some things on here that have added or caused people hurt. Do you stop for the sake of saving feelings? You could, you just wouldn't be very honest. Users could also follow that rule of 'if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say it at all'. It's a good rule. I'd like to follow more than I do and I'm working on it but it kind of makes for a boring world.

The only reasonable reaction is one displayed by The Cat's Mother. We cannot control the actions of others, all we can control is how we respond to it. Full marks to her.

As I said, I am sorry to hear of Margaret's passing however if Margaret's family comes turns to the internet and the comments of strangers in hope of finding some sort of solace then they are guaranteed to be disappointed. That's what memorial services are for (the solace, not the disappointment).

So you're in favour of censorship? What would you censor?

P.

Censorship concerns are obviously vastly different in the public arena and compared to a private setting. This is davidt's private website (this is NOT a public forum). Consequently, censoring stuff here would be no different than me kicking someone out of my house because they've overstepped my own house rules.

Likewise, davidt has established a 'terms of service' that prohibits abusive, harassing, hateful, ethnically or otherwise objectionable posts, etc. And yet, such violations of terms of service are ubiquitous here. How about a bit of moderation, i.e., enforcement of the tos?

Or if you truly do not want to 'disappear' posts, which I do understand by the way, how about tossing ALL those dumb posts to the sty. It's obviously been done before. I don't see why it can't be done with more regularity.

How did Maggie top herself then?

My guess is she's either slit her moody little wrists whilst listening to Asleep or she took a massive overdose...Whilst listening to Asleep.

I cannot believe some of the comments you allow on here. No doubt this won't be posted. No wonder it's called Solow. Disgusting. And so are you moderators for allowing it all.

I understand what you are saying. I disagree with you. This is not the place for her mourners -her real life mourners- to come and mourn her. Do you really think it is?

Why would they come here in regard to her passing? That doesn't make any sense to me. Certainly not for information regarding her death...they have that in spades. Certainly not to get to know her better...they already knew her in actual life. So again, what would they come here for? To see what people are saying about her? Well, I've heard multiple accounts of her that are less than glowing. Should we edit out those recollections, not make them viewable to her friends and family? I don't believe so, and I don't think you do either.

You go on and on about compassion...tell me, where is Morrissey's compassion, this person Margaret idolized so intently that it arguably helped skew her perception of reality? This guy is meaner than hell, and cares for nobody but himself. This facet of his existence becomes more and more clear with every syllable he utters...maybe because he's aging, maybe because his muse is gone, maybe because the only people still championing his relevance are Mexicans and 40 year olds who live with their parents, but whatever the reason, this guy is twisted and bitter and hostile. Apparently you have to be of the bovine variety in order for Morrissey to speak highly of you or say a kind word. And maybe that works fine for Crystal Geezer, but the rest of his fans need to wake up and realize that this guy is a hateful, merciless asshole.

For anyone here claiming an idolization of Morrissey to simultaneously chastise me for being caustic and insensitive about someone's life and/or death, well, the irony, the hypocrisy there is so pungent I want to throw up. That's why I've said many times and will say again, very little of my posts here have much to do with Margaret Dale as a person. For me it's all about that smug piece of shit she worshiped.

God, you people are horrible. I would never want to know you in person. (who will respond first with the nasty remark?)

I understand what you are saying. I disagree with you. This is not the place for her mourners -her real life mourners- to come and mourn her. Do you really think it is?for Margaret's.

I don't know about you, but when I type Margaret Dale in to Google, the first result refers to here. That's how someone from her family or circle of friends will see what's here, and that's why I'm urging restraint. Of course they don't come here to mourn her (your words), but they will see what's written, and it is those people who I feel for - not her death, not Margaret, she's passed on, but those capable of feeling grief and sadness still here.

P.

Do you also go around to your neighbor's house and tell them how they should live? I choose to run the site as a public forum by a set of rules. I'm not sure how you define an 'public forum' but I prefer this to be an open one, rather than a highly censored one. There will always be some posts that offend people. 'Burying' posts into the pigsty is a form of censorship. No one is stopping you from going to a different site or creating your own if you are consistently offended by posts here.

If you can't point out specifically what posts and what in those posts should be censored as asked then stop complaining.

Censorship concerns are obviously vastly different in the public arena and compared to a private setting. This is davidt's private website (this is NOT a public forum). Consequently, censoring stuff here would be no different than me kicking someone out of my house because they've overstepped my own house rules.

Likewise, davidt has established a 'terms of service' that prohibits abusive, harassing, hateful, ethnically or otherwise objectionable posts, etc. And yet, such violations of terms of service are ubiquitous here. How about a bit of moderation, i.e., enforcement of the tos?

Or if you truly do not want to 'disappear' posts, which I do understand by the way, how about tossing ALL those dumb posts to the sty. It's obviously been done before. I don't see why it can't be done with more regularity.

Back
Top Bottom