Margaret Dale - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

See also:

Related forum thread:

Last edited:
Would you be able to give the correct info, please? For the benefit of those of us who, if given the opportunity, would like to pay our respects. Much appreciated.

Which aspects are you paying respect to, exactly?...that she followed Morrissey around on tour like a psycho, that she had mental problems which caused her to elevate Morrissey above all other things, including her own physical health and friends/family, or that she eventually killed herself?

Be sad that she died if you must, fine, but I'm very curious to hear what you respect about her.

I've said all I have to say about my personal impressions of and relationship with Margaret. The possibility of some sort of memorial service in Manchester has been presented in recent comments and I posted in the hope of getting fuller details.

Wrongly, I thought she was American. I didn't realise she was English. Was she born and raised in Manchester?

I've said all I have to say about my personal impressions of and relationship with Margaret. The possibility of some sort of memorial service in Manchester has been presented in recent comments and I posted in the hope of getting fuller details.

So, nothing then? That's what I thought.

You're entitled to think what you like, Skylarker. I can't help you with that.

If anyone has genuine info about any memorial arrangements made for Margaret in the UK, please PM me. Thank you.

Why does it matter to you what someone you don't know thinks of someone else you don't know?

P.

Because a bunch of people "I don't know" are still posting their sentimental/personal bullshit and nonsense on a forum I take part in, and are doing so in a way that countless other people they don't know can see and, by virtue of it being an open forum, respond to.

You
don't know me, yet you repeatedly take issue with the fact that I take issue with these other people that I don't know. And that's fine. See....that's how it works.

You can't arbitrarily decide that it's appropriate for some people to take part in some sections of an open forum, but not appropriate for other people to take part in other sections.

And very little of this, for me, has anything to do with Dale specifically. I asked a straightforward, unsentimental question in the hopes I could get a straightforward, unsentimental answer. What is there to respect about what she did or how she lived. But of course in return I get more obfuscation and bullshit masked as "the nice thing to do."

Death, especially when brought on by oneself, does not automatically equal respect and admiration.

Because a bunch of people "I don't know" are still posting their sentimental/personal bullshit and nonsense on a forum I take part in, and are doing so in a way that countless other people they don't know can see and, by virtue of it being an open forum, respond to.

You
don't know me, yet you repeatedly take issue with the fact that I take issue with these other people that I don't know. And that's fine. See....that's how it works.

You can't arbitrarily decide that it's appropriate for some people to take part in some sections of an open forum, but not appropriate for other people to take part in other sections.

And very little of this, for me, has anything to do with Dale specifically. I asked a straightforward, unsentimental question in the hopes I could get a straightforward, unsentimental answer. What is there to respect about what she did or how she lived. But of course in return I get more obfuscation and bullshit masked as "the nice thing to do."

Death, especially when brought on by oneself, does not automatically equal respect and admiration.

Stop posting this thread, heartless miserable git.

You should lock yourself in the pigsty.

You

But it's got f***-all to do with you. Why are you even bothering? I'm bothering because I care for the feelings of people I know and have met. I don't know you, so I care less for your feelings. You're like one of those trolls who go on to Facebook tribute pages and post shite. This is what it boils down to. You don't care about these people, you seem more interested in a philosophical point. People are, real, with real feelings, and you seem not to care about that.

P.

It's because someone else is getting more attention than him.

Stop posting this thread, heartless miserable git.

You should lock yourself in the pigsty.

Boo hoo. You should lock yourself in a school where they teach you how to write proper English. Now post a mean cat picture and pretend you've stood up to me.

But it's got f***-all to do with you. Why are you even bothering? I'm bothering because I care for the feelings of people I know and have met. I don't know you, so I care less for your feelings. You're like one of those trolls who go on to Facebook tribute pages and post shite. This is what it boils down to. You don't care about these people, you seem more interested in a philosophical point. People are, real, with real feelings, and you seem not to care about that.

P.

Once it hits the forums it's an open target. It becomes something separate from a personal memorial about a specific person. You wanna keep it respectful, private, personal? Fine. Don't make it a news story on a website dedicated to discussion about one of the most hateful, miserable, compassionless tools ever to ingratiate himself (however marginally) into pop culture. Or, if you do, then at least know it can evolve -or devolve- into a discussion about other things. Again, that's how a forum works. And yes, I am more interested in approaching this from a philosophical point of view. As far as I know, that's allowed.

I don't post "shite" on Facebook; I'm not even on Facebook. And when I was I kept it relegated to people I either knew in real life or had built up a substantial history of communication with online. That is different from this. You're right, though, I don't care about these people. I don't expect them to care about me...any more than I expect Morrissey to care about me.

Which is why I'm here with a pulse and Dale isn't.

It's because someone else is getting more attention than him.

Says the jobless, friendless ogre with 20,000 posts.

Yes, we're watching you.

I really wonder what goes on in your head skylarker.
Obviously you have never suffered from a mental illness; the mental pain and anguish it brings with no chance to escape.
Perhaps you do suffer from an illness in hindsight, your lack of empathy is astonishing which is the trait of many mental illnesses.
Anyway, point is perhaps you should respect the death of somebody, whether you know them or not.

Anyway, point is perhaps you should respect the death of somebody, whether you know them or not.

What does that mean? To 'respect the death of somebody'?

FWIW, I didn't know Margaret but I'm sorry to hear of her passing (I'm sorry to hear of anyone's passing). I'm not even sure suicide had been confirmed though had it? I thought all that had been reported was that she had been found dead in her apartment. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
I really wonder what goes on in your head skylarker.
Obviously you have never suffered from a mental illness; the mental pain and anguish it brings with no chance to escape.
Perhaps you do suffer from an illness in hindsight, your lack of empathy is astonishing which is the trait of many mental illnesses.

In about three minutes he's going to read this and get a tiny brain boner at the way he can insult you and call you a pussy. Then he'll go into badass mode and type out a response he thinks is really witty hoping NOT that it will hurt you so much as it will impress Viva Hate, then he might erase it and retype it. He might post it and delete it later, it's all about impressing Viva though, not really the thoughts discussed on this thread or the people involved.

What does that mean? To 'respect the death of somebody'?

FWIW, I didn't know Margaret but sorry to hear of her passing (I'm sorry to hear of anyone's passing). I'm not even sure suicide had been confirmed though had it? I thought she was just found dead in her apartment. I could be wrong though.

I meant respect that somebody has died as some people seem to have forgotten this i.e. The members who insist on insults.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom