Margaret Dale - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

See also:

Related forum thread:

Last edited:
I know for a certain fact that David went to a gig in 2009.

Take a wash, Tim.

Morrissey is handsome, David is most certainly not. Morrissey is himself, Dave can't form an opinion of his own, he just uses Morrissey's opinion, and provides the internet world with Morrissey's Words. Oh, the irony. Bless xxx
When will he Accept Himself? xxx

she cannot. the person behind this plays "the keyboard like a gun" and gets all of her little arsekissing hanger-on fb friends to help her. she has ruined everything. stop to think long and hard about who this is. you have seen her at every gig. you know her. enough clues?

Oh yes, enough clues. Why thank you!

she cannot. the person behind this plays "the keyboard like a gun" and gets all of her little arsekissing hanger-on fb friends to help her. she has ruined everything. stop to think long and hard about who this is. you have seen her at every gig. you know her. enough clues?

I'm not 100% but I do have someone in mind...........

Oh yes, i do know. Silly me! So obvious..

Take a wash, Tim.

Morrissey is handsome, David is most certainly not. Morrissey is himself, Dave can't form an opinion of his own, he just uses Morrissey's opinion, and provides the internet world with Morrissey's Words. Oh, the irony. Bless xxx

You're really laughable. Stop spending so much time criticising and slagging off people you do not know. Get out and get a life.

Take a wash, Tim.

Sally/ Linford/ Whichever runner you decide to post as next. Are these ridiculous usernames meant to be a hint as to who you are? - Are you still droning on with your boring, unjustified, anonymous attacks? Yawn. For the record, I don't think I'm Morrissey, I don't want to be Morrissey and if I do quote Morrissey regularly then what is wrong with that? If you are a genuine Morrissey fan then why would you object to that? As for irony, why would you put six kisses at the end of a hateful statement? Do you secretly like me and hate yourself for it? Self-hatred must be very difficult to deal with, you have my sympathy. If you really want to get things off your chest I suggest you come and speak to me or message me but I'm guessing that would be an impossibility as you'd have to grow a pair first. Say what you like, knock yourself out, it's like water off a ducks back to me. The only hurtful thing you've done to me is make me register for this god-forsaken website and for that I will never forgive you. Love Superfan :) xxx

The difference is that 100 or more people can be posting under the name anonymous. Whereas, only one person posts under a registered user name. Many voices (crowd) VS one voice (individual). With one voice, you have a single identity... a personality that you get to know. This is what discussion forums are all about. This isn't some top secret forum or one with sensitive issues like politics, national interests, corporate spies etc. It is about a musical artist. How benign can you get? It is comparable to posting anonymously on a cooking site.

if it's so benign, why the need to "get to know" a personality?

if it's so benign, why the need to "get to know" a personality?

The content is benign... not top secret or sensitive, not the social dynamics. I think getting to know a personality makes the posts made by that person more interesting. It adds a layer to them that is absent from anonymous posts. And as a part of a community, one might even look forward to reading posts by those they find to be interesting personalities. Surely you can't be so dense as to not understand these dynamics.

There are posters here that I find highly interesting, intelligent, witty, and humorous. I look forward to their posts. It keeps me coming back. If the whole place were just made up of posts made by anonymous posters, I would have stopped showing up long ago.

A user name not only carries with it a personality but a history as well. How cool is that? Pretty darn cool if you ask me.

The content is benign... not top secret or sensitive, not the social dynamics. I think getting to know a personality makes the posts made by that person more interesting. It adds a layer to them that is absent from anonymous posts. And as a part of a community, one might even look forward to reading posts by those they find to be interesting personalities. Surely you can't be so dense as to not understand these dynamics.

There are posters here that I find highly interesting, intelligent, witty, and humorous. I look forward to their posts. It keeps me coming back. If the whole place were just made up of posts made by anonymous posters, I would have stopped showing up long ago.

A user name not only carries with it a personality but a history as well. How cool is that? Pretty darn cool if you ask me.

so if it's contextual for you why even read the anonymous posts?

and surely you can't be so dense as to not understand everyone views this place in their own way, in their own context.

so if it's contextual for you why even read the anonymous posts?

and surely you can't be so dense as to not understand everyone views this place in their own way, in their own context.

I don't read all the anonymous posts. But I also don't read all the registered user posts either. Mostly I skip anonymous posts that are sycophantic. They are boring, repetitive, and whiny. I do read posts that are directed at me. But if they are hostile and only meant to bait me rather than to engage, I disregard them. Yours, though posted anonymously, asked a legitimate question and thus deserved a thoughtful reply.

Sometimes I read anonymous posts by default because one of my fave posters is replying to one them. But there are many posts I don't read because they are in threads dealing with topics that I am not interested in.

Sally/ Linford/ Whichever runner you decide to post as next. Are these ridiculous usernames meant to be a hint as to who you are? - Are you still droning on with your boring, unjustified, anonymous attacks? Yawn. For the record, I don't think I'm Morrissey, I don't want to be Morrissey and if I do quote Morrissey regularly then what is wrong with that? If you are a genuine Morrissey fan then why would you object to that? As for irony, why would you put six kisses at the end of a hateful statement? Do you secretly like me and hate yourself for it? Self-hatred must be very difficult to deal with, you have my sympathy. If you really want to get things off your chest I suggest you come and speak to me or message me but I'm guessing that would be an impossibility as you'd have to grow a pair first. Say what you like, knock yourself out, it's like water off a ducks back to me. The only hurtful thing you've done to me is make me register for this god-forsaken website and for that I will never forgive you. Love Superfan :) xxx

Day-vid: Water off a duck's back? You have been in a posting frenzy on facebook ever since the first posts appeared here. Don't kid yourself. You're loving the drama and attention, even if it is negative. You've spent days baiting people into telling you how great you are and how much they like you... and then you come back and stoke the fire here for more comment baiting. It seems that what you need on a daily basis is a deep tissue ego massage. It's sad. Just proves the original point, If you are so happy-go-lucky living your life to the max with your tongue firmly in cheek, why did you come here?

Just some friendly advice; Knock the bragging and the general showing off on the head and people will respect you a lot more. Some might even grow to like you

yes, we know WHO you are talking about, but WHAT are you talking about?

Morrissey not wanting to get 'meat residue' on his holy f***ing fingers is yet more proof as to how the man himself is absolutely insane.

What a pretentious, pompous, privileged ass.

It is incredibly sad that Margaret Dale decided to take her life. I suppose it is 'control' of one's life, but I certainly don't think anyone should glorify suicide, least of all Morrissey. He's in love with the idea of suffering. If he truly hated himself, as he would like us to believe, he wouldn't be around anymore. Suicide is one perception of 'a way out'. But sadly, those who suffer greatly don't see it that way. I hope she has found the rest she desperately desired. As for others who deal with depression...please seek the shoulders of those closest to you. Life *is* worth living!

Life is hard when people salt your fries and worship blindly at your altar, isn't it Morrissey? While you cancel shows and wonder why no one wants to sign you? LOL!

You *were* good in your time, and we thank you. Carry on.

Morrissey not wanting to get 'meat residue' on his holy f***ing fingers is yet more proof as to how the man himself is absolutely insane.

What a pretentious, pompous, privileged ass.

It is incredibly sad that Margaret Dale decided to take her life. I suppose it is 'control' of one's life, but I certainly don't think anyone should glorify suicide, least of all Morrissey. He's in love with the idea of suffering. If he truly hated himself, as he would like us to believe, he wouldn't be around anymore. Suicide is one perception of 'a way out'. But sadly, those who suffer greatly don't see it that way. I hope she has found the rest she desperately desired. As for others who deal with depression...please seek the shoulders of those closest to you. Life *is* worth living!

Life is hard when people salt your fries and worship blindly at your altar, isn't it Morrissey? While you cancel shows and wonder why no one wants to sign you? LOL!

You *were* good in your time, and we thank you. Carry on.

You know...it's possible that bit about salting the chips was exaggerated. I'm sure the assistant was there more to tell the interviewer to f*** off when he asked about reforming The Smiths for the bazillionth time and the salt thing was a coincidence or something. Who knows? But your seething bitterness in ticket cancellations makes me think your motivations for ripping him a new asshole are based on botched travel plans more than an actual awareness or empathy of the severity of his illness, which kinda makes you a pretentious ass.

You know...it's possible that bit about salting the chips was exaggerated. I'm sure the assistant was there more to tell the interviewer to f*** off when he asked about reforming The Smiths for the bazillionth time and the salt thing was a coincidence or something...

You're probably right about this. After all, we already know that Morrissey only has the balls to confront someone and tell them to f*** off when he's got other people backing him up (e.g. Hamburg). That's the sort of pathetic excuse for a man he is.

You're probably right about this. After all, we already know that Morrissey only has the balls to confront someone and tell them to f*** off when he's got other people backing him up (e.g. Hamburg). That's the sort of pathetic excuse for a man he is.

The Hamburg thing was definitely a demonstration of poor judgement on his part. We all have our bad days though, his was caught on camera. Easy for anonymous person to sit and judge what a pathetic person Morrissey is though when I'm sure you've never said something stupid or that you'd like to take back. :rolleyes:

You know...it's possible that bit about salting the chips was exaggerated. I'm sure the assistant was there more to tell the interviewer to f*** off when he asked about reforming The Smiths for the bazillionth time and the salt thing was a coincidence or something. Who knows? But your seething bitterness in ticket cancellations makes me think your motivations for ripping him a new asshole are based on botched travel plans more than an actual awareness or empathy of the severity of his illness, which kinda makes you a pretentious ass.

If I am a pretentious ass, I suppose it comes with the territory. I have no sympathy for Morrissey. He's rich, famous, and has legions of fans that worship him without question (myself excluded). He also eats poorly, so I am not the least bit surprised that he's incredibly ill.

Secondly, Morrissey never cancelled a show I went to. That was months ago. Nice try! :thumb:

Last edited:
If I am a pretentious ass, I suppose it comes with the territory. I have no sympathy for Morrissey. He's rich, famous, and has legions of fans that worship him without question (myself excluded). He also eats poorly, so I am not the least bit surprised that he's incredibly ill.

Secondly, Morrissey never cancelled a show I went to. That was months ago. Nice try! :thumb:

Well la tee da.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom