Margaret Dale - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

See also:

Related forum thread:

Last edited:
ON BEHALF OF MARGARET and the family; it would be
Greatly appreciated that her death not be an debate of discussion any further! Please respect Margaret's life and allow us to remember her positively and fulfill her legacy peacefully. Thank you to all that have been positive and have given blessings a
Prefers. Those are engraved in our hearts for ever.!!!

Thank you and God Bless You All

This thread is a prime example of what happens when moderators allow sociopaths free reign to abuse and insult in whatever manner they wish

Is it too much to ask where the public notice of Margaret's death is and how Morrissey knew about it? It isn't linked anywhere here.

For the most part the trolling comments have NOTHING to do with Margret or her memory. They have everything to do with Moz using her death as the launching pad for another tirade against pop culture, instead of just commenting on her AS HE SHOULD HAVE, AS ANYONE WITH EMPATHY AND TACT SHOULD HAVE.

This 100%.

No, just a misanthrope.

A misanthrope who is only prepared to interact with humans in blocks of a few thousand at a time as long as they have paid to see him.

Sounds like the first paragraph of a psychiatric paper, or perhaps a report of Kim Jong Un's latest media appearance.

As I said earlier the Dale statement was nice enough until he decided to shoehorn in another attack on the usual suspects. Pop culture does not affect me one iota. I ignore it. It's easy. When people occasionally mention it to me I look over my pince-nez in the manner of a High Court Judge and tell them I couldn't recognise Taylor Swift if my life depended on it. It's hugely satisfying not knowing who currently owns the pub in that East Enders that they have now.

Morrissey railing against this prevailing tide of tripe would be all well and good if I didn't get the distinct feeling he thought we should instead be talking about him on a beach in his bikini. Isn't that the core of this fury he has? He feels ignored.

That's why his pronouncements are becoming more bizarre, and why unless wiser counsel prevails his mouth will soon end his career as surely as it began it. He's a Sandy Hook PETA style quote away from total career meltdown.

I didn`t know her but it`s very sad.I completely agree with Morrissey about what the media chooses to report.It`s all very shallow.I could care less about what celebrities are wearing ect..

Rest in peace Margaret.

A lovely tribute by Morrissey. He sums up life as it is now. Not only are we bombarded at every turn of a page by reports of the vile Royals,celebrity bores & meat choking chefs and promiscuity personified in plastic " fake tanned" bodies with hideously bleached teeth, we now also get bombarded by photos of their offspring. I am totally allergic to these thickos & their adoring wanabees, dressed in their "onesies & ugg boots", it brings out an ugly reaction in me, the irritation is unbearable! Thank Gawd for Morrissey. I hope his health is improving by the day, things always have to get worse to get better. Quite simply he needs nursing better, like we all do when we are ill.
I am certain that Margaret is resting in the light.

Suicide is still a taboo subject in this day and age my national newspaper will not print obituaries that say that the person took his or her own life. I think Morrissey has a chance to help young people who are having suicidal thoughts. He is normalising the act, he is such a wordsmith and he could use that to get through to his fans who are in pain. I believe that what he said is true and from the heart but I also think he should feel that he is in a position to help relieve their pain by releasing statements that are aimed at doing so. Okay you can all jump down my throat now.

Someone dies, Morrissey comments with his heart, conspiracy theories fly. For f***s sake people, enjoy her life and enjoy yours.

Rest in Peace, dear Margaret. My heart goes out to all of her friends and family.

Suicide is not courageous. A better use of action would be to live well and long.

His letter is irresponsible. How many of his mentally unstable, blind disciples will read this and decide to take their lives? If even one chooses this path, well... ah Morrissey will finally notice me. Morrissey will think I am a person of action.

And then to wrap it up by mentioning V. Beckham and K. Middleton, unbelievable. A new low, Moz!

Yes that is a risk and Morrissey should have said I feel for the family and friends who are going to suffer the pain of the what if's and why's for the rest of their lives. Suicide is the cruelest and meanest thing you can do to the ones who love and care about you the most.

Could I suggest that given in all probability, most if not all, variants of view point have now been spewed on this subject that administrators now lock this page from further comment? I believe this would be the respectful thing to do in the circumstances and the very least that could be done for a fellow fan and for her family.

I'm surprised that Morrissey has made a statement about this, but there you go.
However, there is a competiton on facebook, at who is the most upset about the passing of someone they hardly knew, lead by David and poisonous Toni.

Talking of whom, self-proclaimed superfan, David (1st gig, 2011) wants the head of anyone who uses this site, on a plate. He's very, very hostile, very hostile indeed.

RIP, Margaret.

"His lack of conforming is not a strength...it's born of weakness. He got lucky because Marr found him and wrenched him from his mother's vagina. Morrissey is marginally talented, but that talent is not analogous to flawlessness. He's a coward, and cowards can't make art. Not immortal art, anyway. You can't make art that transcends life when you are afraid of life...and he is."

I think that we should dig up Van Gogh and tell him that he was an epic failure! He had no social skills, was a non-conformist, relied on his brother to protect him, hid from the world, and finally committed suicide; yet, I am fairly sure he is one of the most recognizable and respected artists ever. In fact, the most intelligent, visionary people tend to have terrible social skills. Additionally, Morrissey's time spent self-exiled in his mom's house provided the world with some of the greatest lyrics ever written. When people refer to his music, they obviously mean his words and voice; no, he cannot create the instrumental background for those words, but how many musicians cannot write any sort of profound lyrics? I know it has been asked a million times, but why do you come here, why do you hang around?

I didn`t know her but it`s very sad.I completely agree with Morrissey about what the media chooses to report.It`s all very shallow.I could care less about what celebrities are wearing ect..

Rest in peace Margaret.

I care more about [agree with] his thoughts on suicide. I consider it a right as much as breathing. I believe it hurts a lot of people, but I also don't hold it against the people who believe it won't (no longer would), or simply don't realize it.

The only people I resent are people like (I cannot remember his name) the man who blew his head off after stopping in a police chase when he'd been discovered as a molester and murderer of children. I also think people who do it because "they're not going to be rich" or "famous" anymore are petty pathetic and contemptible personalities (alive or not). I could see an exception if these things "saved them", but for a lot of people who have lived charmed and pampered existences, they choose to off themselves only once the milk runs dry, and that's just lame.

But for people who have been unhappy and felt totally lost for the majority of their lives, it just seems natural. Some people think about it daily. It's a constant struggle of balancing the pros and cons of not hurting people around you and wanting to simply stop hurting yourself. Frankly, I think it's a more reasonable solution than, say, heroin, which is basically just a way of killing yourself much more gradually.

R.I.P.

I held out comment until I could process. What makes me sad/sick about this is that this lady travelled the world over and made her presence known and he did not even take the time to know her. She wasn't some random face in the crowd like I will be. She gave it her all to follow this man to the far reaches of the planet, a way more devoted fan than most of us could afford to be or would want to be. His words about her were most likely well-intentioned. It's like when you go to a funeral and the priest/pastor really didn't know the person in the casket and they try to make a good eulogy. But, the clergy doesn't try to upstage the body! It was a nice tribute until the closing dig about the Royalty. There's a time and place...
I do hope this lady has found peace and her family and friends will be comforted during this time.

I'm surprised that Morrissey has made a statement about this, but there you go.
However, there is a competiton on facebook, at who is the most upset about the passing of someone they hardly knew, lead by David and poisonous Toni.

Talking of whom, self-proclaimed superfan, David (1st gig, 2011) wants the head of anyone who uses this site, on a plate. He's very, very hostile, very hostile indeed.

RIP, Margaret.

I've never seen Morrissey live ONCE. It's called being poor.
No, I get what you're saying, but still. Not everyone is some fresh, young, nubile sycophant just because they could never justify $50~ tickets for a concert. Believe me, It's been a dream of mine, he just never plays here when I actually have money... Like now. I won't have it for long, anyway.

Local Punk and house shows (and "Punk House" shows!) are more fun anyway, plus you can drink a whole lot more for a whole lot less. *nyah!*

This thread is so so sad.
I cannot believe that a REAL person has died and most people on here persist on arguing and insulting one another.
However you want to look at it, we are all members of this forum because we admire Morrissey - be it for his personality or song writing talent.
What I do not understand is why lots of users seem to dislike him so much and what are they still doing here?

Also for those who do not understand why Moz mentioned V Beckham and the royals, well in my opinion this is his way of showing how ridiculous society has become. So obsessed are the media with so called celebrities that they forget the real issues in life. Sadly, we are bringing up a society of children who will become self obsessed adults with no real understanding of literature or the arts.

Anyway as our moz would say: 'Its so easy to laugh, its so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind" so let us all show some strength shall we?!

Last edited:
This thread is so so sad.
I cannot believe that a REAL person has died and most people on here persist on arguing and insulting one another.
However you want to look at it, we are all members of this forum because we admire Morrissey - be it for his personality or song writing talent.
What I do not understand is why lots of users seem to dislike him so much and what are they still doing here?

Also for those who do not understand why Moz mentioned V Beckham and the royals, well in my opinion this is his way of showing how ridiculous society has become. So obsessed are the media with so called celebrities that they forget the real issues in life. Sadly, we are bringing up a society of children who will become self obsessed adults with no real understanding of literature or the arts.

Anyway as our moz would say: 'Its so easy to laugh, its so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind" so let us all show some strength shall we?!

Well said, Girl Afraid - it's the juxtaposition of shallow navel-gazing media-created drivel set alongside the deep emotional distress that leads to suicide. Society has indeed become ridiculous. As has this site, populated as it is in the main by soul-less, insensitive attention whores who care little about anything except seeing their own little words on a computer screen. Shame on Tseng for accommodating & endorsing this onanistic rubbish.

I wasn't going to post in this thread again , but I will .

Skylarker . you're a joke plain and simple . You seem to be seeking attention on website. That is truly the pathetic part of the whole situation. You're saying people should seek help or stride through life and just deal with it.

Now you try to say how Morrissey's views are not to your liking . Morrissey says what he feels whether anybody cares or not? The Answer is YES Morrissey stands by his words and never wavers on it .

Now Skylarker you state your views to the members of this site , and clearly you stand by what your saying and Not Wavering on your Stance.

So my Big question to you Skylarker is this . What makes you so different than Morrissey?????

You both state your opinions whether people like them or they don't . You haven't wavered on your opinions in anyway and neither does Morrissey.

The answer is you are No different than Morrissey is . You don't even know it , but you are more like him than you think.

I will say this if you need to seek attention by posting on this website maybe actually you are the one that needs the Professional Help .

Now to the person who said that Morrissey in not so many words should be a role model and try to maybe send a different message . I am not going to jump down your throat or anything. It's a nice thing to say However . IMO , I don't need some actor or actress or even Morrissey or any Music star sending me any messages of support or to tell me what to do or how to live my Life. I am capable of running my Own life . That's why I don't watch any Awards Shows because i don't need some Stupid celebrity who lucked into a few roles to tell me what is right and wrong to do in my life .

My message is Have a mind of your own don't count on role models to send you messages. Make your own decisions if it is the wrong decision than you learn from it and move on.

andybfour

Well said, Girl Afraid - it's the juxtaposition of shallow navel-gazing media-created drivel set alongside the deep emotional distress that leads to suicide. Society has indeed become ridiculous. As has this site, populated as it is in the main by soul-less, insensitive attention whores who care little about anything except seeing their own little words on a computer screen. Shame on Tseng for accommodating & endorsing this onanistic rubbish.

I think when Morrissey mentions these pop culture things, he's noting a trend that speaks of a certain private dialogue. He's riffing with the spirit in a way. The downside to that is that the spirit exists in the form of viva and skylarker who lacking all freewill exhibit bizarre troll tendencies as the spirit puppets them in order to keep the conversation going in a more local setting, but this is disturbing to all the normal people. It's hard to explain, but it's a bit like getting a cute little puppy that in one day grows into a chupacabra that you still have to listen to the barking and yelping of because you acknowledged the puppy in the first place. Not easy stuff to explain OR wrangle.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom